• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Obtaining Super Smash Bros 4 Early In September?

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
As well know, SuperSmashBros. for Nintendo 3DS is coming out to the U.S 10/3/2014

But what most people don't know or tend to forget is that new JP version of the Smash Bros game comes out a month Before, 9/13/14 to be exact.

Now....As a loyal fan I'm willing to wait a month later and yet, my heart races for a chance to play the game as soon as possible.

And with that I ask for help with smash community; Does anyone know how to obtain the JP Version of this glorious game?

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
As well know, SuperSmashBros. for Nintendo 3DS is coming out to the U.S 10/3/2014

And with that I ask for help with smash community; Does anyone know how to obtain the JP Version of this glorious game?
You'll probably want to buy the JP Version online when it comes out; I'm pretty sure it's possible. Hopes that answers your question. :)

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
You'll probably want to buy the JP Version online when it comes out; I'm pretty sure it's possible. Hopes that answers your question. :)
I would love too, however I don't know a good website on where I can place my order. :(

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member

Unfortunately, the 3DS is region locked, if you weren't aware. So you would need a JPN 3DS too, which imo is not worth it.

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, the 3DS is region locked, if you weren't aware. So you would need a JPN 3DS too, which imo is not worth it.
That's not a problem in my case, I just need to know where I can buy the game itself.

Any Ideas?

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
That's not a problem in my case, I just need to know where I can buy the game itself.

Any Ideas?
Play Asia is probably one of your best bets. That, or just get it digitally on Japan's Eshop.

pichupal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pichupower
3DS FC
1997-0164-7116
Just to clarify, obeymalleo probably meant to buy the DIGITAL version in the eshop. Why would you need to look for a shop?

edit: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Just to clarify, obeymalleo probably meant to buy the DIGITAL version in the eshop. Why would you need to look for a shop?

edit: :4greninja:'d
Ohh I see, thank you

Play Asia is probably one of your best bets. That, or just get it digitally on Japan's Eshop.
I'll check that out as well, but if don't happen to find anything. Any other suggestions?

Raijinken

Smash Master
Ohh I see, thank you

I'll check that out as well, but if don't happen to find anything. Any other suggestions?
You may be able to find it on the usual Amazon or Ebay type online buying sites, or maybe some game stores in Japan that ship internationally.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Or just use the eshop. If you have the Japanese 3DS already, it should connect to the Japanese eshop, which should list Smash bros for sale on the 13'th of september.

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings

But what most people don't know or tend to forget is that new JP version of the Smash Bros game comes out a month Before, 9/13/14 to be exact.

Now....As a loyal fan I'm willing to wait a month later and yet, my heart races for a chance to play the game as soon as possible.

Thanks for the news, Captain Obvious.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Thanks for the news, Captain Obvious.
He was asking how to get Smash Bros. for 3DS when the game is released in Japan, hence why he said "early in september". You should actually finish reading before you make comments like that.

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
If you're willing to make an account on Amazon JP, you can most likely find a copy there. Just be sure you can find a seller who will ship internationally.

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
He was asking how to get Smash Bros. for 3DS when the game is released in Japan, hence why he said "early in september". You should actually finish reading before you make comments like that.
I did read the entire article, and there are too many others like it, that I've also read in full,on this site, plus the fact that EVERYONE wants Smash early. Thus, the reasons why it's Obvious.

melito

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Melito37
does anyone know about the r4 for 3ds? I think that can make 3ds region free. and you can buy the *** ver of smash and play it in us 3ds. I am not sure tho.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Could probably find a copy of the japanese game on the japanese version of amazon
(amazon.jp), otherwise Play Asia or the Eshop are you best bets.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I'm planning on buying a Japanese eShop points card from Play Asia (apparently they send you the code via email) and setting up my 3DS early with the points so that I don't run into a problem with funds on the day of release. Then I can download it the moment it releases (which is 11 am, September 12th on the East Coast, right?). Does anyone know exactly how many points Smash is going to be?

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
That might be a problem. The Western 3DS eShop here doesn't take points, but money only, and you would still have to get the game from the Western menu.
And the region-locking would also make it impossible... if it took the Asian cards at all!
If any of this doesn't happen, then the time would be 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time, September 12th (Friday night), but I seriously doubt it.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
That might be a problem. The Western 3DS eShop here doesn't take points, but money only, and you would still have to get the game from the Western menu.
And the region-locking would also make it impossible... if it took the Asian cards at all!
If any of this doesn't happen, then the time would be 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time, September 12th (Friday night), but I seriously doubt it.
Oops, I forgot to mention that I have a Japanese 3DS already... I thought that was a given... But I'm not wrong in thinking that I shouldn't have a problem getting it at release time then, right?

Huh, so the Japanese version will be released at 11 am Japan time on the 13th (Japan)? That seems odd... so they don't do midnight releases there?

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
Oops, I forgot to mention that I have a Japanese 3DS already... I thought that was a given... But I'm not wrong in thinking that I shouldn't have a problem getting it at release time then, right?

Huh, so the Japanese version will be released at 11 am Japan time on the 13th (Japan)? That seems odd... so they don't do midnight releases there?
If you live in or near Japan, there shouldn't be a problem, but anywhere else (like North America) might pose problems for things like the long-distance wi-fi signal, and the account. I would definitely do my homework before taking the plunge. As for the time, it should be a midnight launch around the world, digitally, in each local time zone.
According to the thread SSB4 Exposure Stream Opening on September 13th ft. RelaxAlax as co-host, they're starting the stream around 11 a.m. Japanese time, with a physical copy.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
If you live in or near Japan, there shouldn't be a problem, but anywhere else (like North America) might pose problems for things like the long-distance wi-fi signal, and the account. I would definitely do my homework before taking the plunge. As for the time, it should be a midnight launch around the world, digitally, in each local time zone.
According to the thread SSB4 Exposure Stream Opening on September 13th ft. RelaxAlax as co-host, they're starting the stream around 11 a.m. Japanese time, with a physical copy.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the advice- I'll look into it a bit more. I'm over in NA, so I'll just have to be vigilant once I straighten things out.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I'm planning on buying a Japanese eShop points card from Play Asia (apparently they send you the code via email) and setting up my 3DS early with the points so that I don't run into a problem with funds on the day of release. Then I can download it the moment it releases (which is 11 am, September 12th on the East Coast, right?). Does anyone know exactly how many points Smash is going to be?
I know your safe if you have 6000 points, but i'm having trouble remembering the exact price... I know there was an online advertisement for the Japanese version that stated the blocks it took to download and the price, but I've spent the last week looking for it with no luck. Anyone know where it is?

Top Bottom