• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count 1.10.2

Ninja (3) - Laser, Ran, Jack, [L-3]

Utopian (2) - Sabrar, Boom

Sabrar (1) - Utopian

Maven (1) - pythag

Ran (1) - Ninja

Boom (1) - Wisp

Not Voting (2)
Maven, Z25

P1
Sabrar #Laser
Ninja #UP
pythag #Maven
Ran #Jack
Laser #Ran
UP #Jack
UP #Unv
UP #Sabrar
Z25 #pythag
Boom #Sabrar
Laser #Wiisp
Ran #Ninja

P2
Jack #Laser
Boom #Unv
Boom #Jack
Ran #Laser

P3-P4*
Z25 #Unv

P4-P5*
Laser #Sabrar
Ran #Unv
Ran #Ninja
Sabrar #Unv
Sabrar #UP
Jack #Unv
UP #Unv
UP #Ninja

P5-P7*
Jack #pythag
Boom #Unv
Boom #Maven
Wiisp #Ninja

P7-P9*
Wiisp #Unv
UP #Unv
UP #Boom

P10
Jack #Laser

P12
UP #Unv
UP #Sabrar
Boom #Unv
Boom #UP

P13-15*
Laser #Unv
Laser #Ninja
Ninja #Unv
Ninja #Ran
Ran #Unv
Ran #Ninja

P15-P18*
Jack #Ninja
Wisp #Ninja
Wiisp #Boom

Notes
None

Players and Events
Link

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to execute!

Deadline: Monday, April 20, 2:00pm EDT

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Counter: Scum mate suggests he attack me for people to consider the exact angle you are arguing. I've seen it done before.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
He's acting like he is being encouraged to keep trying but is still pessimistic.
Why hasn't this happened earlier? He was encouraged to keep posting and brushed off those comments multiple times with "there's no point, whatever I do more people will just vote for me". What changed to cause such a drastic shift?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Why hasn't this happened earlier? He was encouraged to keep posting and brushed off those comments multiple times with "there's no point, whatever I do more people will just vote for me". What changed to cause such a drastic shift?
The vote train on him died down and people started considering other candidates. And my strong defense of him. The problem with that theory is if he appreciated my defense of him that much he should see me as solid townie. That would fit a lot better with the "very-reationary-townie" picture I have of him. But he didn't do that.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Again, I don't really care about you voting for me. Vote me off if you guys think I'm suspicious.

I don't really care.

BTW, Ran and Z25 are def town, I'm less supicious of Z25, Sabrar and UP are still my primary suspects.
Yeah, y'all can vote me off if ya deem me suspicious, I don't give a ****.

I still think y'all should be looking into UP more, but that's just me.

Z25 and Ran are def town
Tell me what y'all think of the red and green. These were posted two minutes apart.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
The vote train on him died down and people started considering other candidates. And my strong defense of him. The problem with that theory is if he appreciated my defense of him that much he should see me as solid townie. That would fit a lot better with the "very-reationary-townie" picture I have of him. But he didn't do that.
Counter point, it's easy to see scum everywhere when it feels like you're being batted at from all sides.
Clearly he was and is the center of a lot of attention, that's going to be attracting town and mafia alike, for different purposes.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I personally think UP is town now.

Also you're blatantly mistating facts to make UP look more scummy when he really isn't.

I'm not voting for you, but you're very suspicious right now at least from my POV.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ran what's your big issue with the repetitive quality of some of 3DS' posts?

I'm sorry, I'm not seeing exactly what you're getting at

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also, why the hell are we accusing UP over his FIRST suspect list? That seems kinda stupid, because guess what? HE MADE 2 OTHERS THAT ARE MORE ACCURATE TO HIS CURRENT THOUGHTS. Also wasn't literally EVERYONE suspicious of Laser at the beginning? UP is the person that was least suspicious of him and we're attacking him over that? Yeah, no. That makes no logical sense.

UP is becoming more and more town the more I actually look at the info.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
He's repeating the same brash attitude to try to garner a town read from it, when the tone doesn't fit his general tone.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You're already at the border, when you mention theory of a scum mate. I gave the another possibility. Yet I'm not using that as evidence, I'm evaluating his actions in thread.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Let's look at another action shall we:

I didn't consult because I figured I could get Laser out of a bind and I just did it immediately once I saw that role-claiming was allowed.

Mostly the neighbor chat had me and Z25 questioning Laser's emoji posting.
This doesn't seem genuine, to not consult Laser who he wants to 'help'.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How the hell can maven sit here and tell us a 3ds lynch gives us no information?

It opens up the neighborhood more, could allow a more in depth analysis at Wiisp, and could even help when reevaluating Up because Up led the thread down the whole is there scum in the neighborhood train of thought.

It also lets us understand how Ninja could take issues with certain users like Up at first then reverse his stances.

Ninja’s own reads and thoughts would then lead to a new perspective based on if he’s town or not.

Now how any of this is not information is quite honestly behind me. And it’s laughable that it comes from someone who’s barely contributed. Honestly gives me vibes of scum trying to save their mate by using the stance of 3ds is new so that’s why he was wrong, or it’s scum maven trying to look good upon the 3ds flip.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
His stance reversal on UP seems forced.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Tell me what y'all think of the red and green. These were posted two minutes apart.
They are unnecessary regardless of his alignment.

The goal was to either get empathy through emotional appeal and thus convince people to vote elsewhere because they don’t care if they got voted and this that might seem frustrated town to people.

Or he’s a townie trying to act cool but is actually very annoyed at the accusations and pressure. Either way it doesn’t really look good, especially when they kept repeating the same things. It’s like they had no other angle and just decided to be quite before they came trying to be aggressive

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I also think it's townie of Z pushing for Ninja as well because, if Z were scum, pushing for the neighborhood to be opened up would only cause people to doubt him (and laser) more. So this shows he's un-afraid of that, which is more likely coming from town.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
I mean honestly, my first thought would be that those two posts are close enough in content that it was probably a forum screw-up. 3DS was posting something, accidentally replied to thread and thought the message had been lost so he reposted what he was trying to say but ended up using slightly different words.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
The vote train on him died down.
I don't think this holds up according to the timeline. #257 has 3 votes on Ninja. After UP's unvote in #290 there is only 1 vote remaining. According to your theory Ninja would gain confidence here but his next 4 posts over the span of a whole day show no sign of it. His pushback starts in #546, 36 hours after that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't believe the neighborhod has a mafia, no.

I'm not against the idea, but I don't see either of them being mafia at this stage in the game.
tell me then how do you view up who suggested scum in the neighborhood as you say? Would scum not try to push that even if they knew there were only townies in it?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ninja stating he believes there are no mafia in the neighborhood means he wants to keep it stagnant, so that his position wouldn't be threatened. (Since he's mafia)

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Ninja stating he believes there are no mafia in the neighborhood means he wants to keep it stagnant, so that his position wouldn't be threatened. (Since he's mafia)
Z25's question was directed at Ninja. Your comment here didn't add to the discussion, we already know your opinion. Just FYI, sometimes you make the thread too noisy, and this is the kind of post that does it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I was actually just continuing my thought process from why I felt Z pushing Ninja was townie as opposed to Ninja having the opposite feeling. I didn't read the question.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
##vote Ninja
since no one wants to join me on Boom

Sabrar (1) - Utopian

Maven (1) - pythag

Ran (1) - Ninja

Boom (1) - Wisp
Pythag what is your read on ninja again?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
all 4 of those votes are doing absolutely nothing, mine including
but like Boom was a form more optimal train then any of 3

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
##vote Ninja
since no one wants to join me on Boom

Pythag what is your read on ninja again?
You were doing pretty much the same with your vote on boom.

It's so easy for to me to read him as noob town, but I think I've been convinced that I'm giving too much of the benefit of the doubt.
Gut says he's town, reading the cases makes me think he could be scum. (especially when he allegedly confused you with xivii)

I'm willing to follow ran on this though, because I town read ran pretty strongly.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
I don't think this holds up according to the timeline. #257 has 3 votes on Ninja. After UP's unvote in #290 there is only 1 vote remaining. According to your theory Ninja would gain confidence here but his next 4 posts over the span of a whole day show no sign of it. His pushback starts in #546, 36 hours after that.
Like maybe his partner suddenly appeared after being afk for most of the game?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I'm willing to follow ran on this though, because I town read ran pretty strongly.
Ran is very capable of being town and being wrong. My opinion of your slot has gone down a little. I expected town-Pythag to stick to his own opinion. You've been consistantly defending the possibility of town-Ninja.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pythag has seen me be capable of being right, as well. There is nothing wrong with following a town read when you don't have much scum reads yourself.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ran is very capable of being town and being wrong. My opinion of your slot has gone down a little. I expected town-Pythag to stick to his own opinion. You've been consistantly defending the possibility of town-Ninja.
I'm also capable of being wrong.

My gut is driving me crazy with regard to z25 and 3DS.

not sure how I feel about that claim being out there.

But yes 3ds isn’t lying. I wouldn’t have claimed day one even if it does save laser.

That’s why I responded to Laser last night and I sent a message in the neighborhood pm. Both which have been ignored and he was speaking normally there.

If I’m being honest I would have supported the Laser lynch, and then suggested we claim day 2.

Because Laser emotis not helping us at all.

Anyway with that information out there, I’m guessing there’s 3 scum to balance out the setup if there’s a neighborhood of the 3 of us and then then the other townies.
1. z25 wouldn't have claimed neighborhood D1, even to save laser.
2. Would've supported a laser lynch.

Alright so I’m reading the thread,

And a scum in the neighborhood is something I didn’t consider. Admittedly I didn’t look up what this was on the wiki, even though I’ve never played in one before.

I only know what my pm says outside of the neighborhood. I didn’t think to ask for claims in the chat.

I’ll hold onto my ability for now though.

I’m going to change my vote.

But I want discussion.
So, laser was in the neighborhood with z25, and was supporting his lynch...
but he weren't considering a scum in the neighborhood?
That would imply z25 was more than willing to just lynch a townie.

Also if it was so early for a neighborhood claim, why did z25 soft claim an ability? Was it also not early for that?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That makes sense, especially since Maven posted a stance on me in 464. Then Ninja parroted UP's logic about *bussing*.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm also capable of being wrong.

My gut is driving me crazy with regard to z25 and 3DS.

1. z25 wouldn't have claimed neighborhood D1, even to save laser.
2. Would've supported a laser lynch.

So, laser was in the neighborhood with z25, and was supporting his lynch...
but he weren't considering a scum in the neighborhood?
That would imply z25 was more than willing to just lynch a townie.

Also if it was so early for a neighborhood claim, why did z25 soft claim an ability? Was it also not early for that?
I already explained this.

Please tell me as a townie why I would want someone speaking only in emojis( because that’s what it was at the time) and they purposefully ignored me when I asked them privately. I didn’t make any push on them without giving them time. I have them quite a long time to and they still hadn’t answered me at that time and were still posting emojis.

Add that to the fact i knew without a doubt if they were using words when writing reads that they had no restriction, how should I view all of that from a townie perspective?

My view was that they were deliberately stalling and not contributing to town despite having the ability to do so. So yes I took issue with that. The same way I took no issue when they started actually playing the game afterwards.

As for why I soft claimed, I Have good reason behind it, but I’m not going to reveal that yet. It should make sense if my theory based on my role is correct.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I already explained this.

Please tell me as a townie why I would want someone speaking only in emojis( because that’s what it was at the time) and they purposefully ignored me when I asked them privately. I didn’t make any push on them without giving them time. I have them quite a long time to and they still hadn’t answered me at that time and were still posting emojis.
I don't think you necessarily 'want' someone speaking in emojis. does it reek of 'look-at-me'? sure. did it piss everyone off, also sure. is it scummy? eh.
Add that to the fact i knew without a doubt if they were using words when writing reads that they had no restriction, how should I view all of that from a townie perspective?
Sometimes people don't reveal all their information at once.
whenever people vote whomever while claiming "I'm voting X for pressure" totally deflates the balloon. If Laser suspected scum in the neighborhood, Why should he let you in on his plan?

My view was that they were deliberately stalling and not contributing to town despite having the ability to do so. So yes I took issue with that. The same way I took no issue when they started actually playing the game afterwards.
So you just saw laser as a rogue townie?

As for why I soft claimed, I Have good reason behind it, but I’m not going to reveal that yet. It should make sense if my theory based on my role is correct.
Fair enough

makes sense.

Why does he only have 1 partner?
Are there only 2 scum in the game?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sab is being incredibly agressive towards UP and is outright making false points to convict him. At least that's what I've seen. As well, Ran, my primary scum suspect, thinks Sab is the most obvious town when he clearly isn't.
What exactly is false in my cases? Take your time, use your own words and explain it to me.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Yeah I just reread Sabrar's case, and there's nothing wrong there.

Sorry Sabrar.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
That makes sense, especially since Maven posted a stance on me in 464. Then Ninja parroted UP's logic about *bussing*.
I kinda feel that 3DS has been parroting anything, including himself.

If there's only 2 mafia, I immediately suspect laser as third party.

Ran do you make anything of laser assuming 2 mafia? (Maven and 3DS in this case?)

Top Bottom