• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Btw, ranmaru ranmaru This is the towny **** I'm taking about that wiisp keeps doing. They are trying to solve and get frustrated when people are not giving info that will help town in future analysis. They care about solving.
That's only in response to being pushed. He is being reactive, and not proactive.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Look we either Lynch Ninja or we don't
This day phase could've been over with
A lot of my real reads rely on his flip
People just don't want to vote him, we have useless wagons

I am over it, 7 days doesn't mean we have to wait 7 days

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
TOWN [Sabrar >Pythag > Z25 > Laser | Maven | Boom | UP > Jack > Wisp > Ninja] SCUM

I forgot about UP. I don't think UP as scum lurks this long, after getting town meta cased. It hurts his position in the game though, and should be looked at in the future. I just don't think it lines up with scum motive right now. UP Take's boom's spot though.

Bottom Four: [Ninja > Wisp > Jack > UP]

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I should haha
if somehow you managed to be the top train today, I would 100% be against this lynch
our playstyles always manage to get a lot of heat
Well the fact that you seem to have took part of my playstyle this game is the main reason. I on the other hand am trying to play my old playstyle but lacking the time to do it properly or the skill.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sabrar: Join me on this wagon. Let's talk about UP. Also Wisp and Jack.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I'm currently fine with Jack. I have indie suspicions on Wiisp. I want UP to come back but given there is no train on him I don't really expect much. I'm fine with a Ninja lynch but generally don't understand the need to change my vote every hour.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Note that Wisp and Jack were the only players to cast doubt on my slot after swapping from Ninja to Boom. Then Wisp is doing the same in his #955. Trying to cast doubt on Sabrar, who has a good position in town.
If you played in my last game you would not find this weird. Also you are not town confirmed so I have the right to have slight doubts. If I really thought you were scum here I would not follow you still. They is nothing wrong with worrying about a powerwolf

Nothing I do will change your mind here be honest anyway

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I just want your support, the earlier the better.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Look we either Lynch Ninja or we don't
This day phase could've been over with
A lot of my real reads rely on his flip
People just don't want to vote him, we have useless wagons

I am over it, 7 days doesn't mean we have to wait 7 days
I just sort of want a lynch as well I'm sick of going in circles. It feels like a CFD at times with the vote swaps. I'm willing to compromise on an of my bottom 4.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I need an updated votal. I'm not going to put Ninja at L-1 if Jack also switches.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Boom (3) - Ninja

Ninja (2) - Laser, Ran, Jack

Utopian (1) - Sabrar

Sabrar (1) - Utopian

Maven (1) - pythag

Pythag (1) - Wisp, Boom

Jackrito

Smash Ace
On a side note this is feeling more like town Wisp. He is more frusated as town then scum. Also how mad he got about being suspected I see as frusation he would do more as town.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Whoops, I messed up the math. Pretend I didn't.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No, that frustration seems like scum frustration. I've seen it from scum when they are being questioned about something questionable, but don't want to try to explain it.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Don't bother, you just decide someone is a wolf and then build your whole team on how people handle said person

##vote Ninja

Playing ring around the rousy with this god damn ninja train, I'm sick of it

End the day phase

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I am closing the thread now my vote is locked
I also already said this before, but I'll say it again
You will not be able to Lynch me tomorrow, so even if you believe Ninja's alignment defines my alignment, I will use my free phase day 2 to do absolutely nothing

So good luck, I've already put more than enough effort into a game that I wanted to sideline anyways

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
That's only in response to being pushed. He is being reactive, and not proactive.
He's been doing the same stuff sprinkled throughout the day, without pressure. It's been proactive. I would dig up references if it mattered but it doesn't right now.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Note that Wisp and Jack were the only players to cast doubt on my slot after swapping from Ninja to Boom. Then Wisp is doing the same in his #955. Trying to cast doubt on Sabrar, who has a good position in town.
no, I just don't pretend I am a god at Mafia, things bother me
you play hot potato with your reads

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
He's been doing the same stuff sprinkled throughout the day, without pressure. It's been proactive. I would dig up references if it mattered but it doesn't right now.
For a greater part of the day he has been without a vote. Please do dig up the references. What do you think of his reactions to Sabrar's questioning?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sabrar Sabrar We don't know if this setup has indies, so I would say don't overlook Wisp because of it. (I know I have in the past, those can turn out to be scum)

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
For a greater part of the day he has been without a vote. Please do dig up the references. What do you think of his reactions to Sabrar's questioning?
I think he likes shorter length day phases, knows he won't get lynched today and doesn't want to put more effort into gnawing the bones of this day phase. Felt very confident, wiisp is probably confident as town or wolf, but it still feels more townie. They've been consistently annoyed about the length of the phase and want to move on, so it's a natural reaction.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Don't bother, you just decide someone is a wolf and then build your whole team on how people handle said person

##vote Ninja

Playing ring around the rousy with this god damn ninja train, I'm sick of it

End the day phase
I hate how similar you are to me a t times.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
##Sabrar

Everything LaserGuy said in #1020 is exactly what I expected town-Sabrar to say as well. Sabrar knows I am against slamdunk lynches and often defend noobies. I didn't expect him to day I was town, but he should have at least given the context that my actions were not scum indicative. Instead we only got:
BF can also be confident in his reads. There is a small chance for town!BF to really think that and wanting to prevent a mislynch.
This is the most backhanded condemnation possible. Saying "small" here means he thinks the majority chance is that I'm scum, but he still says he'd vote for Ninja over me. When I called him on it he ignores me.

Sabrar is perfectly capable of making all those detailed reads as scum or town. There majority of his content has been NAI because when he's a wolf, he's a deep wolf. But not giving important context to my situation was legit scummy.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Actually I love longer day phases
The problem is this Ninja train, I'm tired of people being like he's town, no he's a wolf, no he's town, no he's a wolf

Clearly he needs to die, so let's stop wasting my time and everyone else's

Ranmaru clearly wants to solve around Ninja as well, so like all we are doing is beating around the bush

Anyways I will see y'all day 2

Sabrar

Smash Ace
This is funny.

On xkcd there was a player (SDK) who was especially good at figuring me out as scum. In a game he kept insisting that I was scummy and I took that as a sign of his scummyness because I thought he should be able to read me correctly. We were both town. That is the reason I alluded to in #1004. I think Boom should be able to read me properly by the end of D1.

So now we're both saying that the other is scummy because we find each other scummy. And we could both be wrong.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Your view of Sabrar is two dimensional. Dispite appearances, he is not, in fact, a robot who deterministicly always does the same thing.
These were your words. Why then do you insist that you can predict how I will behave? Get it into your head that you can't.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
That's not a very good parallel. What have you done that I should be able to read as townie? What have you done that you don't think you'd do as scum?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Hey man, sorry I've been absent.
this might be a newbie question :
why did no one seemed to make anything of wiips and sab's flavor claims?
Because talking about roles is more helpful for Mafia than for town so we're all letting it drop and trusting wiisp had a good reason that will be explained later.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think Sab was kidding. I just ignored that and kept focusing on scumhunting, really. Would probably be better to discuss that when y'all mass claim Day 3. (Most optimal time to do so)

Sabrar

Smash Ace
That's not a very good parallel.
Why? You think I should defend you because I know you so well. I think you should find me townie because I'm town and you are generally good at knowing that.
What have you done that I should be able to read as townie?
You know I won't answer that because it's total WIFOM coming from me. You say that I am "perfectly capable of making all those detailed reads as scum or town. There majority of his content has been NAI because when he's a wolf, he's a deep wolf. " By that token I can do nothing that you will consider as townie.
What have you done that you don't think you'd do as scum?
Depends on who my alleged partner. Can you say why?

Top Bottom