• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Wiisp
Jackrito
Ranmaru
Maven
BoomFrog
Z25
Pythag
LaserGuy

3DSNinja
Sabrar
this still bothers me
does this go from towniest to wolfiest?
please tell me it doesnt
because at this time, even with your response
I still don't know how you decided I was top town

Why is jack so high?
Why was Pythag so low?
Why was Sabrar so low?

Why was Z25 lower than Boom and Maven?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
also you can't be done with letting bad stuff go unlynched but decide that Ninja deserves a second chance
we both know he looks terrible
we both know he can flip either alignment
and I know that we both know, he doesn't live at most another day phase regardless of his alignment
If that first part was aimed at me which I think it is. Yeah my hardass stance on that dropped pretty quick no surprise there. I just love to give second chances to people especially when they are doing this bad. We both I'm too nice in these games for my own good and it bites me in the arse. I tried my best to get him more involded but being largely ignored. So perhaps he should die today for the good of the game.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I still need to iso the rest of the people
but UP bothers me
and of course we have Ninja the so TWTBAW that he is probably a wolf
if he flips town, I'm not going to hate myself, nor will I hate him

Jackrito

Smash Ace
this still bothers me
please tell me it doesnt

Why is jack so high?
Why was Pythag so low?
Why was Sabrar so low?

Yeah that readlist makes no sense in a lot of ways

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm going to eat now, I'll repeat the four point as to why Ninja is scum and should be lynched.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Jackrito Jackrito
I still want more time with you
I refuse to get snowed by your wolf game like everyone else on MC xD
but I am not touching you any time soon

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ninja scum:

1. Doesn't care enough to interact and 'forgets' to respond to questions relevant to scumhunting.
2. Claimed neighborhood without consulting; calculated.
3. Bravado to seem town; over-done.
4. Isn't doing anything to help progress town; survival mindset.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
ranmaru ranmaru
I am not voting yet
I want to go back to my roots, and make sure the person I vote has as much wolf!equity as I can muster with my brain without having peeked the setup

Wiisp

Smash Lord
ok shower then sleep
work at 630 which means I am only sleeping 5 hours
because what the **** is wrong with me
yeet

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
this still bothers me
please tell me it doesnt

Why is jack so high?
Why was Pythag so low?
Why was Sabrar so low?

Wtf I’ve told you multiple times that I’ve updated the list lol. This is an old list. I like to keep all of my lists open so that they can be traced and show progression of thought.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Now then, the Wisp slip seems to be an easy one two hit combo. First of all, this reeks of misinformation. I think it's safe to observe it with a grain of salt. Not that one should hand wave it, but everyone forgets the possibility that this was a deliberate slip. It doesn't help Wisp at the moment that he's yet to bite fully into the game, but I would not damn him due to this. We should look at his content to read him first and foremost.
I’m curious what do you think of Wisp seemingly having no idea about the neighborhood and that 3ds claimed they were in it.

In fact when I pointed that out Wisp said something along the lines of “wait they did?”

As if shocked by this realization that potentially their buddy could have ratted them out by accident.

It felt like a very out of place reaction and I can’t see how they wouldn’t have noticed that conversation beforehand.

Secondly they also had no idea that I and laser backed up the neighborhood claim. Something that if they were reading the thread should have been very obvious.

What do you make of these inconsistencies? Is town Wisp just not really playing attention which is why they have a lack of conviction akin to what you pointed out. Or is this scum Wisp trying to play off a bad mistake by their partner?

After all if 3ds is scum and didn’t check with his neighbors before claiming, who says his scum mate was even asked beforehand?

I think they would normally, try to keep up appearances with their neighbors and not have the bold decision to make such a claim if they (along with their buddies) are beginners. I do think that this decision would require coaching from a mate that is more experienced then they are. In the end, the claim was calculated and they were very hesitant to talk openly about the reasoning behind their decision at the time.
This is is an interesting take. I could see it maybe being calculated but all the weirdness after makes me question if it really was.
Most of his interactions are with 3DS, trying to help him along, I haven't seen anything.

way I see it :
neighborhood, there's gonna be 1 scum between the three of them
I think that 3DS is not a wolf.
Laser had an opening that was strange, but I've appreciated his other posts.
z25 has been mostly helping 3DS along, to navigate the site, which would appear helpful townie, yet he's more convinced that laser was the scum, and I don't see how that could happen.

PoE puts him as where I want to go in the neighborhood.
You keep saying but I genuinely don’t see how you think I was helping them. I was grilling them for information because their story didn’t add up.

Claiming that not only did they mistake Wisp for Xiivi somehow but then lying( because I really can’t buy that he forgot he had a actual role pm outside of the neighborhood) , they weren’t making sense.

It feels like a slip that they just kept digging deeper. After all they wouldn’t even really respond after that. Throwing in the towel like that comes across as frustrated scum over a simple mistake. I’ve literally been there before so I know what that is like and how that play would go down.

As for Laser, I’m guessing you missed the follow up posts I made today? I mentioned I felt better about the slot overall but I still had a slight suspicion that they could have been scum similar to scum plays I’ve seen in previous games.

Obviously that doesn’t make it the same thing but it’s something I’ll be keeping in the back of my mind. Currently I would put them at the top of null closer to town then others, but I’m not going to post another reads list yet. I want to see more on how this phase progresses

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Jackrito
LaserGuy
Pythag

Wiisp
Maven
Ranmaru
Z25
BoomFrog

Sabrar

Not included: 3DSNinja
Why is Ran so much lower now and how the hell is Maven someone who just popped it said “ I’ll post reads” then didn’t and has barely contributed since, higher then me on your list?

This makes no sense. Your two too town reads I would like a solid explanation on too.

What have they done to stand up better then everyone else?

Because if I’m being honest without context it feels like this list was just slapped together to have one

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
ranmaru ranmaru with UP and 3ds in your scum list, how do you feel on 3ds consistently saying he would lynch UP if he could? Is this something newb scum would do?

Or is this an attempt to look good if Up flipped scum by half bussing their teammate?

Much like Pokechu did the whole game with Pythag during your flavorless mafia game you hosted.

Would a coached newb scum 3ds do this? Or could 3ds be less newb scum but just made a big flaw by mistake and had trouble finding good explanation for it?

Either way your reads list has some strong cases but I want your perspective in this more.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Why is Ran so much lower now and how the hell is Maven someone who just popped it said “ I’ll post reads” then didn’t and has barely contributed since, higher then me on your list?
I’ll be on mobile now, ‘ll pop in whenever.

Maven just does what Maven do. And he’s usually town. He’s smack dab in the middle at null, if you noticed, although I probably should have put him under Ran maybe. Ah well, at least Maven isn’t fundamentally basing an argument on wrong information.

Maven89

Smash Master
I’m only on page 5 of my read. So far I’m finding Ranmaru to be really, really forcing his pushes. I don’t expect anyone to have strong day 1 cases, but Ranmaru was wrapping his hunches up with a bow like it was a nice present, implying he’s more interested in lynching then discussing.

my hunch on ninja is that his reveal is null. I know Ranmaru just gave a huge push on it, which I only skimmed, but right now I’m unconvinced.

Wiisp is my strongest town read, I find his content to come off earnest, especially his anger at me. Pythag is who I most want to be town so we can be voting buddies all game.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
This makes no sense. Your two too town reads I would like a solid explanation on too.
No.

Well maybe later. My town reads are not important to me right now; they’re the people that I’m writing off as “high chance that they’re safe and might look at them later”.

If people think that I’m sus and have anything that I can reasonably answer tonight, ask away. I promise that I can only have truthful answers.

Maven89

Smash Master
Also, I really don’t understand how Ranmaru’s statement I quoted didn’t cause anyone but me to scratch their heads. Did Ranmaru not make a heavy scum slip just a couple of games ago? Unfortunately when you’re inactive all the games blend together

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I’m only on page 5 of my read. So far I’m finding Ranmaru to be really, really forcing his pushes. I don’t expect anyone to have strong day 1 cases, but Ranmaru was wrapping his hunches up with a bow like it was a nice present, implying he’s more interested in lynching then discussing.

my hunch on ninja is that his reveal is null. I know Ranmaru just gave a huge push on it, which I only skimmed, but right now I’m unconvinced.

Wiisp is my strongest town read, I find his content to come off earnest, especially his anger at me. Pythag is who I most want to be town so we can be voting buddies all game.
Never mind I’m actually good with having Maven above Ran. My list is still true.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Also, I really don’t understand how Ranmaru’s statement I quoted didn’t cause anyone but me to scratch their heads. Did Ranmaru not make a heavy scum slip just a couple of games ago? Unfortunately when you’re inactive all the games blend together
Ran has not been scum recently, so I don’t think so.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I think they would normally, try to keep up appearances with their neighbors and not have the bold decision to make such a claim if they (along with their buddies) are beginners. I do think that this decision would require coaching from a mate that is more experienced then they are. In the end, the claim was calculated and they were very hesitant to talk openly about the reasoning behind their decision at the time.
You say revealing the neighbors was calculated, but calculated to do what? If he was advised be an experienced scummate, what do you imagine the experienced mate was trying to accomplish?

also who said that "Ninja has to be town because he wouldn't think the neighbor chat was all town unless he was all town"
look, Ninja could flip town, and I still wouldn't believe this read is correct
I said that. What's the flaw in the logic?

It was but I started questioning why I scumread BoomFrog and I couldn’t remember why. So I’ll look at it later and just sit tight on Sabrar
Wtf mate, that's illegal. You vote me while explicitly saying you aren't giving an explanation. That's an implicit promise to explain yourself later. Now it just feels like you are flailing about randomly.

##Unvote
##UtopianPoyzin

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Because if I’m being honest without context it feels like this list was just slapped together to have one
Well I’m sorry if you don’t think it’s genuine, because it is. I just don’t feel compelled to make a summary of my reads list because we aren’t even half way done with the first day and I’m not just going to burn myself out at everybody’s request.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Wtf mate, that's illegal. You vote me while explicitly saying you aren't giving an explanation. That's an implicit promise to explain yourself later. Now it just feels like you are flailing about randomly.
Okay scum, riddle me this. Sure I’m going to appeal to WIFOM on you, but I’m at least going to have you solidify your scumread on me. Why would I purportedly vote you without any reason, which is by definition a scummy thing to do, and then double down on appearing scummy by switching off of it? Just go through how this works in my favor, please.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well I’m sorry if you don’t think it’s genuine, because it is. I just don’t feel compelled to make a summary of my reads list because we aren’t even half way done with the first day and I’m not just going to burn myself out at everybody’s request.
This doesn’t sound like a town thing to do whatsoever.
I’ll be on mobile now, ‘ll pop in whenever.

Maven just does what Maven do. And he’s usually town. He’s smack dab in the middle at null, if you noticed, although I probably should have put him under Ran maybe. Ah well, at least Maven isn’t fundamentally basing an argument on wrong information.
No.

Well maybe later. My town reads are not important to me right now; they’re the people that I’m writing off as “high chance that they’re safe and might look at them later”.

If people think that I’m sus and have anything that I can reasonably answer tonight, ask away. I promise that I can only have truthful answers.
You literally have no basis for a town read on maven and are ok with that.

You also said your town reads don’t matter to you at all. Which means that order in the list shouldn’t either unless it’s scum. This is a clear lack of incentive to provide content. Which a townie wouldn’t have such a lax attitude on, let alone use the fact that it’s day one as excuse when there’s plenty of content going around to analyze already.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Okay scum, riddle me this. Sure I’m going to appeal to WIFOM on you, but I’m at least going to have you solidify your scumread on me. Why would I purportedly vote you without any reason, which is by definition a scummy thing to do, and then double down on appearing scummy by switching off of it? Just go through how this works in my favor, please.
Because your confident and generally charming and usually get away with being all over the place D1. And it's probably similar to your townie play style so you are trying to keep consistent with that.

If I'm going to sort you, you need to at least try to regurgitate some of what you found scummy about me. No rereading needed, if you are town you can just give me your vague recollection. I promise I'm good at peicing together half digested thoughts.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is there an easy way for me to jump to post #182 when you don't make it a link? We need to figure out how they are making those convenient links.
Sadly no.
You must click the post number, and use that to create your own hyperlink.
If you don't create your own hyper link then you're outta luck

Top Bottom