• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count 1.11

Ninja (4) - Laser, Ran, Jack, Wisp [L-2]

Utopian (2) - Sabrar, Boom

Sabrar (1) - Utopian

Maven (1) - pythag

Ran (1) - Ninja

Not Voting (2)
Maven, Z25

P1
Sabrar #Laser
Ninja #UP
pythag #Maven
Ran #Jack
Laser #Ran
UP #Jack
UP #Unv
UP #Sabrar
Z25 #pythag
Boom #Sabrar
Laser #Wiisp
Ran #Ninja

P2
Jack #Laser
Boom #Unv
Boom #Jack
Ran #Laser

P3-P4*
Z25 #Unv

P4-P5*
Laser #Sabrar
Ran #Unv
Ran #Ninja
Sabrar #Unv
Sabrar #UP
Jack #Unv
UP #Unv
UP #Ninja

P5-P7*
Jack #pythag
Boom #Unv
Boom #Maven
Wiisp #Ninja

P7-P9*
Wiisp #Unv
UP #Unv
UP #Boom

P10
Jack #Laser

P12
UP #Unv
UP #Sabrar
Boom #Unv
Boom #UP

P13-15*
Laser #Unv
Laser #Ninja
Ninja #Unv
Ninja #Ran
Ran #Unv
Ran #Ninja

P15-P18*
Jack #Ninja
Wisp #Ninja
Wiisp #Boom

P21
Wisp #Ninja

Notes
None

Players and Events
Link

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to execute!

Deadline: Monday, April 20, 2:00pm EDT

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't think you necessarily 'want' someone speaking in emojis. does it reek of 'look-at-me'? sure. did it piss everyone off, also sure. is it scummy? eh.

Sometimes people don't reveal all their information at once.
whenever people vote whomever while claiming "I'm voting X for pressure" totally deflates the balloon. If Laser suspected scum in the neighborhood, Why should he let you in on his plan?

So you just saw laser as a rogue townie?

Fair enough

makes sense.

Why does he only have 1 partner?
Are there only 2 scum in the game?
That’s fair that they would reveal information all at once but iirc didn’t laser post before we discussed scum in the neighborhood? That implies they would have to think of know beforehand that scum could or was in the neighborhood to have that point of view.

The former could make sense from someone with experience, the later does not make work unless laser was scum however.

I can definitely see the former as a more likely possibility though as I believe laser mentioned playing mafia before so it’s that farfetch’d they would know of a typical neighborhood setup.
I kinda feel that 3DS has been parroting anything, including himself.

If there's only 2 mafia, I immediately suspect laser as third party.

Ran do you make anything of laser assuming 2 mafia? (Maven and 3DS in this case?)
Laser as 3rd party could be interesting. It would be unlikely they are jester then though since they stopped their act that would likely have gotten them lynched otherwise. Which you could argue I suppose that this could of been their plan to drop the attack and seem like they were better but get lynched because town would trust that.

Kinda of doubt that currently however. If we lynch two scum though and the game doesn’t end then I would still say there’s a 3rd scum first but 3rd party could make sense. If there is one we might see signs of that later though.

Regardless, tell me why is Laser your first go to and what would make you think it’s 2 mafia only?

Personally based on Dgames history games of this size when we had them usually had 3 scum but that doesn’t make it a guarantee here.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
11 players? ya probably 2
anything higher is really wolf sided
outside some mechanics, like maybe a lost wolf, but even then, that's still a lot of wolves

also now realizing that there are probably only two wolves
reading wagons wont be a thing

uhhm in a world of two, who exactly would be the sole partner to wolf!Ninja

Wiisp

Smash Lord
hmm this is gunna be more fun
I kinda hope Ninja isnt a wolf, and there is at least one really strong wolf
two would be like the icing on a cake for me

Wiisp

Smash Lord
3rd parties are kinda lame
I hope one doesn't exist
unless they bring something unique to the game

Jackrito

Smash Ace
11 players? ya probably 2
anything higher is really wolf sided
outside some mechanics, like maybe a lost wolf, but even then, that's still a lot of wolves

also now realizing that there are probably only two wolves
reading wagons wont be a thing

uhhm in a world of two, who exactly would be the sole partner to wolf!Ninja
I think that 11 is borderline going into 3 scum area depends on the roles in play and if any 3rd party. I would expect wolfs to be strong rolewise if only 2 or town is weak. This is my view as a game manager.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag Pythag
were u the first person to mention 3rd party?
I was, yeah. I was operating under the idea that there were 3 scum.
When Laser seemed to confidently mention that perhaps it in the scenario that was being discussed 3DS only had one partner (maven in this instance)

I definitely read it out of context, and was super pinged by how casually he was 'sure' there were only two.

So I did a quick search, saw that 11 is balanced with 3 mafia (this was not an exhaustive search) and then jumped to my own conclusion.

@Z that's why I was immediately on Laser about that. I was perhaps wrong.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I think that 11 is borderline going into 3 scum area depends on the roles in play and if any 3rd party. I would expect wolfs to be strong rolewise if only 2 or town is weak. This is my view as a game manager.
3 scum is just insane, I can't see that outside town have some kind of strong vig

Wolves being strong role wise doesn't have to be a thing, town probably isn't super strong

Flavor claiming is exactly what it sounds like
Hey I am Funnier

Wiisp

Smash Lord
also to note
Laser was the first person to bring up the possible existence of only two mafia

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey I am Funnier
does that mean you're lovers with Exlight?

also to note
Laser was the first person to bring up the possible existence of only two mafia
He was, but it sounds like you were always operating with the idea of there only being two mafia? am I reading that right?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
if the exlight flavor claims, it doesn't make him town
but if he doesn't claim I am pretty certain he is a wolf

Jackrito

Smash Ace
3 scum is just insane, I can't see that outside town have some kind of strong vig

Wolves being strong role wise doesn't have to be a thing, town probably isn't super strong

Hey I am Funnier
My flavor will make you hate me lol.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
honestly, I'm just going to assume exactly what I think that means
kek

Wiisp

Smash Lord
actually I just realized my role would be broken if "Exlight" wasn't the same alignment of me

Wiisp

Smash Lord
honestly if I live to day 2, I will decide if you can still be a wolf or not then
if you are claiming Exlight
only because I have seen this role variant as w/v on another site
if exlight is a wolf, then there are probably 3 wolves

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I didn't assume Laser meant two mafia and Laser clarified. I am assuming 3 mafia.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
honestly if I live to day 2, I will decide if you can still be a wolf or not then
if you are claiming Exlight
only because I have seen this role variant as w/v on another site
if exlight is a wolf, then there are probably 3 wolves
I'm not claiming Exlight, I'm also not sure where all this Exlight stuff is coming from in the first place.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not claiming Exlight, I'm also not sure where all this Exlight stuff is coming from in the first place.
First game Ex and Funnier played on here they like kept having side conversations during the match amidst all the other conversations. it was pretty funny.

I'm not exlight either, just memeing

Wiisp

Smash Lord
now I am paranoid
but have another early shift
going to sleep

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Jack: Thoughts on Wisp voting Ninja and unvoting?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
fair, and ok
didn't think flavor would run that deep, interesting

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Hey I am Funnier
Back in the day when this place was populated 11- 12 player games usually always operated on 3 mafia. Town would usually have a cop and something like role blocker or redirector or/even doctor.

It was usually a pretty balanced setup in those games, at least in my personal opinion, so it wouldn’t be insane if that’s the deal here.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
He unvoted in #845.
You are indeed correct. I'm not sure why he did it. I know he likes to move his vote around, he normally gives a reason though. He seems to be going back and fore on Ninja a lot this game. I would expect him to be pushing elsewhere though to unvote

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I'm also assuming 3 wolves (where the third is not necessarily a full wolf but could be traitor/recruitable). I feel 9-2 is too strong for town so if we only have two then there is likely an indie.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Yeah I just reread Sabrar's case, and there's nothing wrong there.

Sorry Sabrar.
So why did you say before that you saw me making completely false points? That would imply that you read them, thought about them and found them incorrect in some way. Tell me your thought process that made you post your accusation first and only when prodded read the actual content.

Top Bottom