• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Wiisp

Smash Lord
just say
"Yes, I have an ability outside of the neighborhood"
or no I dont

or maybe, "I plead the 5th"
cause clearly I don't want PRs outted

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I didnt even remember that he was the one that claimed it
also I ain't in no neighborchat

"oh **** they aren’t in that chat?”
he did not actually say this, did he?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can't say Z25 Z25 , as that would be cheating.
no its not, you can say w/e
just don't copy and paste your role pm
and don't post it here
This, there is nothing wrong with discussing role pms as long as screenshots and quotes are not posted here.

So for example if our Host was playing and said oh “I’m the town bus driver. Here’s what my description is based on the pm( with a obviously paraphrased version of their pm to stay in the rules)” then there’s nothing wrong with that.

Saying if you get a pm outside of the neighborhood does not violate any rules here. If you really don’t want to say though then that’s up to you. But your previous statement makes little sense

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh **** I misread the thing and thought Wiisp was in it.
I didnt even remember that he was the one that claimed it
also I ain't in no neighborchat

he did not actually say this, did he?
A little different from what I said, but the oh **** reaction was still what pinged people.

That and Z25 and Laser don’t sound anywhere near Wiisp so how could they make this mistake when they were conversing in the neighborhood chat with me and laser

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh.
I didn't get any PM outside of the neighberhood, no.
This doesn’t add up with the way games are run or how Zen hosts.
This is something I’ll have to think more in before making any judgment.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
A little different from what I said, but the oh **** reaction was still what pinged people.

That and Z25 and Laser don’t sound anywhere near Wiisp so how could they make this mistake when they were conversing in the neighborhood chat with me and laser
how did my name end up there?
this feels calculated

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
how did my name end up there?
this feels calculated
This has been the question today. Add in the fact that 3ds isn’t as versed with this variant of mafia and the rules; has led to a lot of discussion on this subject. Which is why I find out odd you somehow didn’t notice this.

Also let’s picture your hypothetical here:

Why does scum put one of their members day one to push a mislynch on one player, in a 11 player game where a mislynch is likely day one anyway?

The answer? It’s possibly but feels very unlikely imo. There’s not much sense to this strategy, especially when they were trying to save Laser supposedly.

and neighborhood having two scum seems very unlikely, so scum 3ds really wouldn’t need to save laser if they were more experienced and had this whole thing thought out as you discussed

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
what do you mean?
In games here and in general for mafia, people will usually have their own role pm and then if there is a role that allows a conversation to be had between people town or scum; a separate pm is created.

This conversation would not be their only pm for a game even if they had no role. Zen runs things very by the numbers and has helped out a lot in these games, so he wouldn’t deviate from that formula.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
it's getting harder and harder to imagine myself not voting Ninja as it stands
as all this stuff comes up

3DSNinja 3DSNinja
how did my name end up in this so-called neighbor chat discussion?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I give up.

What's the frickin use
This thread has given you plenty of chances to speak up and explain more, we still have 6 days why not try to explain to solve this puzzle more?

And if you are scum you shouldn’t just give up( I learned this the hard way recently in sorcerers).

There’s still plenty of opportunity for you to contribute but you keep choosing to not say much. Why though?

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Because the more I say, the more incriminated I get.

If I hadn't accidentelly mistaken Xivii for Wiisp for a hot second i would be in much less trouble.
It's no use. The more I speak the more people are gonna vote for me.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote Count 1.5

Ninja (3) - Ran, Utopian, Wiisp [L-3]

Utopian (2) - Ninja, Sabrar

Maven (2) - pythag , Boom

Sabrar (1) - Laser

pythag (1) - Jack

Not Voting (2)
Maven, Z25

P1
Sabrar #Laser
Ninja #UP
pythag #Maven
Ran #Jack
Laser #Ran
UP #Jack
UP #Unv
UP #Sabrar
Z25 #pythag
Boom #Sabrar
Laser #Wiisp
Ran #Ninja

P2
Jack #Laser
Boom #Unv
Boom #Jack
Ran #Laser

P3-P4*
Z25 #Unv

P4-P5*
Laser #Sabrar
Ran #Unv
Ran #Ninja
Sabrar #Unv
Sabrar #UP
Jack #Unv
UP #Unv
UP #Ninja

P5-P7
Jack #pythag
Boom #Unv
Boom #Maven
Wiisp #Ninja

Notes
None

Players and Events
Link

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to execute!

Deadline: Monday, April 20, 2:00pm EDT

Last edited:

Jackrito

Smash Ace

If I hadn't accidentelly mistaken Xivii for Wiisp for a hot second i would be in much less trouble.
Really though if that is the reason why not say so eariler, not the reason I thought you were going to say but this is pretty lol.

Anyway please answer my questions from eariler about your reads unless you did and I missed it.

Wiisp

Smash Lord

how lol
##unvote

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Jackrito Jackrito I think I answered your questions about the reads?
Z25 has been carefully thinkin through everything rather then rashlly accusing, which is a very townie thing to do from my experience, and ran is so obviously town it isn't funny.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I just don't see Ninja as scum unless this is one of the all time worst scum attempts to look town by dumb mistakes. If I'm wrong and he is scum I feel so bad for whoever his teammate is because this is tragic to watch in many ways.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Jackrito Jackrito I think I answered your questions about the reads?
Z25 has been carefully thinkin through everything rather then rashlly accusing, which is a very townie thing to do from my experience, and ran is so obviously town it isn't funny.
It was more your scum reads I wanted to know about, anyone can say this person is town it takes a lot more work to say why someone is scum.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Ah.
Well my only scum read right now is UP due to his insitince that someone in the neighberhood is scum and his quick vote switch.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Ah.
Well my only scum read right now is UP due to his insitince that someone in the neighberhood is scum and his quick vote switch.
Ok lets expand on this he is not the only one who thinks that about the neighbourhood is it just because he brought it up first. Why is the quick vote switch bad I can see town or scum doing it. I have honestly not seen it before so can't see what merit they is to such a thing if scum.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
He's the one who brought it into discussion though. That's the key thing. He also does have a trend of rolling scum.

Really, him not letting go of the idea that there is scum in the neighborhood is why i'm suspicious of him.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't see any town tells from 3DS here. I see no attempt to progress town's win condition, only appeal to emotion. Nothing he has done has changed why I was on him in the first place, in that he hasn't been interested in solving. He's also shown he's a liability and a question mark if he isn't lynched today. (That will eventually have to be lynched pre-lylo)

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Again, fair.

I honestly just don't have enough data to figure out any scum. I don't really see much anti-town behavior right now; besides kinda UP, and exeing me is a fair move. I am trying to figure out any anti-town, but I don't see much here.

Like, possibly Sabrar and UP, but that's all I got in terms of anti-town reads.

Damn it, I'm way too used to night starts.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I see no way how you could. You are implying you didn't read Pythag's #30. (That I also liked)

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I don't see any town tells from 3DS here. I see no attempt to progress town's win condition, only appeal to emotion. Nothing he has done has changed why I was on him in the first place, in that he hasn't been interested in solving. He's also shown he's a liability and a question mark if he isn't lynched today. (That will eventually have to be lynched pre-lylo)
I can't disagree with any of this.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I mean if we want to equate Ninja to a policy lynch on day 1
then sure

I can't say I don't agree with that post
but if he is a wolf, he is one of the worst wolves I've ever seen
#sorrynotsorry

ranmaru ranmaru
like take a chill pill or something

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm going with him being caught newb scum from the very beginning. I'll take some time to formulate reads so I'll let the thread breathe.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
3DSNinja 3DSNinja I’m sorry but thinking on, there’s no possible way you don’t have a pm outside of the neighborhood. And that’s because of one simple thing:
Day 1 Begins!
A pretty chill place.

Vote Count 1.0
Not Voting (11)
Sabrar, Maven, UtopianPoyzin, 3DSNinja, Z25, Jackrito, BoomFrog, Wiisp, pythag, Ranmaru, LaserGuy

Notes
  • BoomFrog has yet to confirm. If anyone is in contact with him, please let him know the game started!
  • Feel free to add me on discord, it's the best way to reach me if you have any immediate questions! Zenni#0861
  • I presume no one is using the light theme since I haven't received any complaints about the font. If you are, I recommend switching to any of the other themes.

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to execute!

Deadline: Monday, April 20, 2:00pm EDT
Dawn ends Tuesday, April 14, 2:00pm EDT
You had to have been confirmed for the game to start.

Or Zen would have mentioned you here like Boom frog.

Because separate pms were made for the purpose of confirmation. Hence when the thread wasn’t used for this.

And the neighborhood pm does not request you confirm there.

So I’m sorry but your logic doesn’t add up here

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
3DSNinja 3DSNinja I’m sorry but thinking on, there’s no possible way you don’t have a pm outside of the neighborhood. And that’s because of one simple thing:

You had to have been confirmed for the game to start.

Or Zen would have mentioned you here like Boom frog.

Because separate pms were made for the purpose of confirmation. Hence when the thread wasn’t used for this.

And the neighborhood pm does not request you confirm there.

So I’m sorry but your logic doesn’t add up here
*Why not when

Top Bottom