• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NU Smashfest 2

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey guys, thanks for coming out to this tournament! We had a great time, and I'm glad that there were PLENTY of setups! Thanks to everyone who provided a setup, you guys were a huge help in making this tournament not only run successfully and quickly, but also in leaving enough time for draft crews.

Special thanks for Over9000 for taking care of Singles sign-ups, being in charge of the pot, and helping me make the pools/bracket, and kevo for helping me TO Singles and arranging matches. Also, special thanks to Carly and Kevo for helping us transport setups after the tournament was finished!

Doubles Results (9 teams)

Pools (Top 4 advanced):

Bracket:

1: Peachs&Cream (Jeff+Chris)
2: TMB (MattG+Brian)
3: IDC (MattF+Jingwei)
4: Tufts (Eric+Justin)
5: SanFransico (Lauren+Robin)
5: LooshBagDave (Loosh+Dave)
7: Team Kevin (Kevo+Kevin)
7: Pomp (Zimo+Adam)

Singles Results (19 entrants)

Pools (Top 4 advanced):

Note: Pools were seeded based on doubles results (i.e. ORLY, TheGoodDoctor, Metroid, and Me14k were treated as 1st seeds).

Bracket:

1: ORLY :falconmelee:
2: TheGoodDoctorGoneBad :sheikmelee:
3: over9000 :foxmelee:
4: Leacero :foxmelee:
5: Metroid :marthmelee:
5: saucy :peachmelee:
7: Me14k :peachmelee:
7: Justin :foxmelee:/:marthmelee:
9: onionchild :drmario:
9: rama :marthmelee:
9: Looshkin :falcomelee:/:ganonmelee:
9: TEN :marthmelee:
13: SpecialK :falcomelee:/:falconmelee:
13: Urban :falcomelee:
13: douchebagdragon :sheikmelee:
13: Zimo :falconmelee:

Note: There were some problems with this bracket. Al Cheato had to leave, so Urban was put in his place, which is not shown in the bracket. Another this is that I, a 1st seed, played Justin, a 3rd seed, in the 1st round; I apologize for this, we had re-aranged the bracket so I wouldn't play someone from my pool and thought that we had swapped two fourth seeds. The last is that rama beat TEN, but the result was somehow mis-recorded and rama went to the Loser's bracket instead of Winner's bracket. Mercifully, neither player advanced far enough in the bracket for it to have caused a huge difference.

kevo

Smash Journeyman
In the words of Tom Petty,

I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Shoutouts later. Fun tourney! Got to play lots of cool people!

metroid1117

Smash Master
Alright, let's have some shoutouts ;).

1: ORLY :falconmelee: - Great job coming back to take GF, it was quite an experience to watch you and Jeff play it out like that. I want to get more Falcon dittos with you next time, I'll make sure not to dash behind you on your last stock :p.
2: TheGoodDoctorGoneBad :sheikmelee: - Good games in bracket, your Sheik is too proficient in that match-up. It was great to see you again, we definitely have to play more friendlies next time! Again, thanks a lot for helping us put our setups back after the tournament; it was a ton of help and I really appreciate it.
3: over9000 :foxmelee: - Great job taking 3rd, although I would've been pretty surprised if you didn't get 3rd or above :p.
4: Leacero :foxmelee: - Good **** taking 1st seed from Jeff, looks like it didn't change the results that much though :p. Awesome jobs in crews, you played like an absolute monster!
5: Metroid :marthmelee: - Wow, scrub that can't play the Sheik match-up.
5: saucy :peachmelee: - Great job getting 5th, we had some crazy friendlies as usual after the tournament. Thanks for getting the rooming arrangement sorted out, without you and Qiu we wouldn't have had a tournament!
7: Me14k :peachmelee: - It was great to see you again, thanks for coming up! Too bad I can't visit you at U of I during SMYM :urg:. We need to play more during break, it was just sad that TMB didn't meet up!
7: Justin :foxmelee:/:marthmelee: - Dude, you've gotten a lot better! Great job in our matches, they were really close! Thanks a lot for recording and uploading the videos, it is a huge favor for all of us! I'm sorry about the mix-up in the bracket; I didn't personally make the bracket even though I'm the official TO, that was my own mistake. I'll sort out the bracket by hand next time and make sure this doesn't happen again.
9: onionchild :drmario: - Dude, your Doc has gotten so good! I'd be sort of sad to not see your Falco if you switch entirely to Doc, but I think you're going to be successful either way.
9: rama :marthmelee: - Dude, I'm so sorry about what happened to you in bracket; I don't know who entered in the result, they might've gotten mixed up with who was who. You've gotten a whole lot better though, great job beating Jingwei and Looshkin in your pool and taking 2nd seed!
9: Looshkin :falcomelee:/:ganonmelee: - We need to play more friendlies, I only got to play you in teams =/. Thanks to you and Dave for coming out, it's great to see new people coming to these!
9: TEN :marthmelee: - Good games in friendlies, it was fun to play you after the tourney! If you ever want to Smash with us here at NU, feel free to give me a call and we can make plans :).
13: SpecialK :falcomelee:/:falconmelee: - Thanks a lot for driving the setups to Fisk in the morning, you were a huge help! I'm glad you were able to get out of work to come to this, too bad you got destroyed by the bracket though.
13: Urban :falcomelee: - I don't think I ever got to play you, but thanks a lot for coming to this!
13: douchebagdragon :sheikmelee: - I didn't get to play you outside of doubles, I wish I could've gotten friendlies with you! Thanks for you and Loosh for showing up, I was glad to see members of the Smash community coming out to this!
13: Zimo :falconmelee: - Sorry for putting you and Eric in the same pool, but I hope you were satisfied with the fact that both of you would be guaranteed a spot. It was great to see you guys again, thanks a lot for driving everyone out here and bringing two setups to boot!

Kevo - Thanks for coming to this man, it was good to see you! I'll try to come to DB this Saturday, it'll depend on how much homework I get done though.

Adam - Sorry that you weren't put into the bracket even though you were the highest-placing 5th seed, but we couldn't find you and Eric said you were busy :urg:. Thanks for coming to this though, we need to play friendlies next time!

Again, a big thanks for all of you who came! I had a lot of fun doing this, I hope next time that it the room assignments will be more secure and my friends and I won't have to freak out and find a new room at the last minute.

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
Great tournament! Watching ORLY tear up finals was incredibly hype, and the draft crews at the end was fun. I really need to start making it out to these more, each tournament teaches me so many new things.

Justin is uploading the matches. I'm not sure how much he's done with, but the link is below. Crew battles are recorded too.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ultimatehaxor123

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Great tournament! Watching ORLY tear up finals was incredibly hype, and the draft crews at the end was fun. I really need to start making it out to these more, each tournament teaches me so many new things.

Justin is uploading the matches. I'm not sure how much he's done with, but the link is below. Crew battles are recorded too.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ultimatehaxor123
I have to throw him a bone every now and then

danieljosebatista

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts

Metroid: Thanks for putting all of this together, hopefully we can play a lot more this quarter. We didn't get any friendlies in at the event lets do that next time

ORLY: Good stuff man, your falcon is pretty insane. Hope to play you again soon.

Zimo: We had a great game in the crew battle man that was so hype. Can't wait to play you again.

Justin: Good to see you again man, we didn't get to play much, let's get more friendlies in next time

The Good Doctor: Dude your matches with ORLY were insane, hope we can play more in the future

Looshkin: Great seeing you again, hopefully we both end up at the next glen ellyn tourney and play again we had some really close sets.

Ten: Your Marth is sick, awesome tech skill. You should definitely play with us more often!

Over9000: As always, good ****. Your fox is fast as hell. Let's play more often

Leacero: Good to see you again man. Great friendlies man, and also good stuff carrying our team in crews. You should come to smash fridays/saturdays more often

Saucy: Our matches were super close, we should definitely play more.

Onionchild: Didn't ever get to play you man, let's do that next time

SpecialK: We didn't play, must be rectified next time

Urban: We had some close games man, hope you come out more often it was lots of fun playing you

DBD: Thanks for your support during crews man, we need to play next time.

Me14k: Your peach is mad good, you really know the Marth matchup too lol. Hope you can make it to the next one man

Adam: We got a few good friendlies in, let's play some more next time our matches are always fun

Kevo: Thanks for coming out man, hope to see you soon again we should play more friendlies

ORLY

Smash Master
Thanks to Metroid for putting this tournament together. The white board bracket was awesome.

More shout-outs to come when I'm not on my phone.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Me14k: Your peach is mad good, you really know the Marth matchup too lol. Hope you can make it to the next one man
He was one of my Smash bros all throughout high school, hells yeah he knows that match-up :p.

Also (and I don't mean any offense whatsoever when I say this), I'm sort of glad that we didn't get to play each other; it would've been a waste to not play new people, considering that we had just played the night before haha.

Relusion93

Smash Rookie
ORLY - dang ur falcon was good. That 1 dollar was totally worth it :D

TheGoodDoctorGoneBad - Sry we were cheering against you the whole time in grand finals but ur sheik is still ****

over9000 - i still think you look like wobbles

Leacero - ugh. Beat me again. next time dude..next time

Metroid - thanks for putting the tourney together. Don't worry too much abt the bracket, i dont' think it changed results by that much.

saucy - ur peach spacing is mad good yo. I got ***** by those downsmashes QQ

onionchild - ......................................................................let's play more

rama - holy ****ing crap dude. you got SO much better its scary. sding all those upthrows...i can't even do that if i tried

Looshkin - ur falco and ganon were mad good. I think you should think about your stages more carefully tho. FD is like the first things spacies autoban against marth and you generally don't want to take a marth to yoshi's unless you were planning to stay falco.

TEN - a girl smasher with tech skill??? how did we not play??? other than that, from what i saw, your marth is pretty ****ing good. You just need to learn the nuances of some matchups (don't dash attack against sheiks)

SpecialK - Funniest person ever

Urban - nice tech skill yo. Work on spacing, positioning, and stage control and u'd be 10x better.

douchebagdragon - ****ing sheik >.< Gotta make sure ur dbag level is at MAX **** next time we play

Zimo - thanks for the ride. We gotta get those weekly smashfests back

Tensei

Smash Rookie
ORLY: damn your falcon is awesome. next time ill win one match. Our matches were so close sometimes. I almost tasted victory ><

TheGoodDoctorGoneBad: we need to play next time! awesome sheik by the way ! Thanks for waiting with me after.

over9000: damn your fox is awesome. Hope we can play again some time!

Leacero: Thanks for teaming with me! I bet we could have done better if we had played before together. Nice job owning in crews!

Metroid: Good games in friendlies. Your Marth is awesome! I need more practice in Marth dittos ><

Saucy: Awesome Peach. Hope we can play again some time! I need more practice against peaches ><

Me14k: Our pool matches were close! Hope we can play again in the future.

Justin: Those were some fun team matches! You should utilize your grabs more in teams :)

onionchild: I don't think we played. Hope to play you in the future.

SpecialK: Need to play against you too!

Urban: Nice tech skill with falco. I don't think we played. Maybe next time!

rama: Damn our bracket match was close! Can't wait to have a rematch.

douchebagdragon: Thanks for playing so many friendlies with me! You're so hungry lol. Thanks for the tips and practice against sheik!

Zimo: Those were some close friendlies! Hope we can play again. Nice job representing our crew too.

Hope to see you guys at the next NU Smashfest. Glen Ellyn is too far for me and well parents.

Top Bottom