• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now you know why Items are bad!!!

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
What am I looking for? Where Mario gets the hammer and knocks the crate into the other player? Looks fun!

Mx7f

Smash Cadet
Haha, that sucks for Pit.

But bob-ombs falling and immediately exploding only happens in sudden death, and I think it might still happen w/o items too.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
But items are fun =D. I hated looking at items pop up when we're watching videos... so distracting XD.

okiyama

Smash Ace
Even when items are off those bombs still appear, in melee at least Iunno bout brawl though.

Also those explode on contact with the ground which no other items do, those bobombs were meant to speed it up and Sakurai knew it was luck but oh well.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Even when items are off those bombs still appear, in melee at least Iunno bout brawl though.

Also those explode on contact with the ground which no other items do, those bobombs were meant to speed it up and Sakurai knew it was luck but oh well.
Well, it was just an example. But if you want to put this in a situation, say the bomb randomly spawned in front of him, and he was in the middle of a Forward Smash.

Yeah. Items be bad, mon.

Proven

Smash Apprentice
youtube.com/watch?v=-frrXnyHKp0

go to 4:50 and you will know what I mean.
As everyone else has been saying, that's Sudden Death. Bomb-ombs appear to make things go faster, items on or off. It sounds like you don't play Time much :laugh:

Come back with a better example next time.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
They're bad for competitive play. But not bad. Sure I'd never want to test my true skill with them on, but they are great gun when your having a bunch of friends over to just play for fun.

darkhamsterlord

Smash Apprentice
I saw that, ROFL'd for 5 minutes straight. Although it was unfair, Pit totally deserved it. He was being a cheap ******* (Seriously, watch the actual match, at one point, he's got Meta Knight stuck in an attack for like, 30 seconds. That can't be normal, that doesn't even happen with rapid attacks in melee, even if the person isn't trying to get out)

Micahc

Smash Ace
Yeah, but the point is Pit should've won anyway. Chances are Items should be banned anyway, back when I thought Link was god tier I would turn off items when I played seriously with my brother.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
We don't yet know if items should or shouldn't be banned; remember, items can act as either unbalancing or balancing depending. Part of the reason they were banned from melee is because of exploding capsules/barrels/boxes and they could randomly fall on top of you during a smash attack or something else and you'd lose. If those can be turned off, though, or there are exploding boxes/ect. in this game, then the anti-item crowd will have to come up with a real argument for why they unbalance the game.

Part of the balancing of characters is skill with items; various characters use items with varying level of proficiency, and they also can act as crude projectiles in some cases. The question is if they introduce more unbalance than they introduce of balance; we should not ban them out of hand.

Top Bottom