• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now, what DLC do we need?

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Porky
Banjo
Geno

I'd also really like Bandana Dee, Steve, and Dixie/Funky, but I think they should just be saved for the next game.

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
Ive seen tons and tons of supports for these seven characters:

Waluigi, Crash Bandicoot, Dixie Kong, Banjo Kazooie, Isaac (should have been Roys echo over Chrom), Shadow and Geno.

And this is not taken based on this website only, ive seen a huge fanbase in Reddit, Youtube and many more platforms.

The sad part is that, we will propably get really disappointed by the DLC, like in Smash4 when only one character people asked for got into the roster, Mewtwo.

I wish that every DLC atleast came with a new fighter AND an echo. That would increase the hope of seeing peoples favorite characters come into the game.

Four more DLCs now. Its really sad that two of them were wasted on Joker and Piranha Plant rather than characters people asked for.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Who we need is Isaac, Banjo, Dixie, Geno, Paper Mario, and Banana Dee. Who we will get are a bunch of people no one asked for.
The sad part is that, we will propably get really disappointed by the DLC, like in Smash4 when only one character people asked for got into the roster, Mewtwo.
While I agree they don't care who we actually want for DLC both this time and last time Mewtwo wasn't the only one. Roy was also heavily requested to return and he did.

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
Since Reggie said we can expect more out of left field picks, I would really like to see:
Banjo and Kazooie
Sora or Geno for another square rep
Tails (The only possible Sonic character who isn't already an assist trophy)
Gok.......err, I mean Crash Bandicoot

In reality, we'll get:
3 more fire emblem characters
Someone from Fortnite

Last edited:

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Based on the idea of ‘more left field picks’, I really think we’ll see more picks along the line of Joker, as in characters that are wildly popular but still unexpected. So, based off of this, I think these are good options for the picks:

Phoenix Wright- Has great ties to Nintendo, pretty huge cultural icon, no presence as spirit despite Capcom’s huge input in the game

Scorpion- Incredibly popular, not expected in the slightest to the general populace but would be a guarantee to sell due to his huge iconic status

Crash- Granted he’s somewhat expected in the hardcore community, but in the general, more casual community he’d be a big surprise I’d say and is a huge icon

Sora- I do think a SquEnix rep will be coming, and Sora would be a guaranteed sell due to Kingdom Hearts 3 coming out and he’s likely unexpected outside of our general community here

Thoughts?

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Scorpion- Incredibly popular, not expected in the slightest to the general populace but would be a guarantee to sell due to his huge iconic status
MK doesn't even sell in Japan anymore.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
We don't need any DLC to be frank

RandomArceus

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0414-9599-1014
Who we need is Isaac, Banjo, Dixie, Geno, Paper Mario, and Banana Dee. Who we will get are a bunch of people no one asked for.
If you ask me, Isaac, Banjo, Dixie, Paper Mario, and Banana Dee have a chance, but Geno was only in one game, so he's possible, but not likely.

I'd like Crash.
Okay, so you want Crash. I do too. But honestly, I've never played any of his games, so I think it might be the same for other people.

RandomArceus

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0414-9599-1014
Based on the idea of ‘more left field picks’, I really think we’ll see more picks along the line of Joker, as in characters that are wildly popular but still unexpected. So, based off of this, I think these are good options for the picks:

Phoenix Wright- Has great ties to Nintendo, pretty huge cultural icon, no presence as spirit despite Capcom’s huge input in the game

Crash- Granted he’s somewhat expected in the hardcore community, but in the general, more casual community he’d be a big surprise I’d say and is a huge icon

Sora- I do think a SquEnix rep will be coming, and Sora would be a guaranteed sell due to Kingdom Hearts 3 coming out and he’s likely unexpected outside of our general community here

Thoughts?
I mostly agree, but Phoenix Wright probably doesn't have that much of a chance as a lot of characters have games on the Switch, excluding older Smash characters and Joker.

R A Y M A N
Like I've mentioned, most Smash characters are from Switch games or older Smash games, but I know that a LOT of people want Rayman, so he's possible!

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Like I've mentioned, most Smash characters are from Switch games or older Smash games, but I know that a LOT of people want Rayman, so he's possible!
Just a hint for the future because you're new, there's no double posting allowed. You might get warned for it, so edit your posts instead.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If you truly feel that way you have no idea how jealous I am of you
Got 76 characters and 100 stages, improved conpetitve gameplay and mechanics, and plenty of local and online multiplayer options.

We good for years!

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Got 76 characters and 100 stages, improved conpetitve gameplay and mechanics, and plenty of local and online multiplayer options.

We good for years!
And yet we are still missing so many characters people have asked for, for years. It's got too many holes in the roster for me to call this game "good for years"

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
And yet we are still missing so many characters people have asked for, for years. It's got too many holes in the roster for me to call this game "good for years"
If that's the case then we'll need DLC till we reach 200 characters. Not everyone can, will, or should be included.

We're eventually going to have a roster of 81 characters for Ultimate. That's plenty for competitive and casuals alike. The amount of match-ups to learn and characters available to use across the wide variety of modes is perfectly amazing as it is.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
If that's the case then we'll need DLC till we reach 200 characters. Not everyone can, will, or should be included.

We're eventually going to have a roster of 81 characters for Ultimate. That's plenty for competitive and casuals alike. The amount of match-ups to learn and characters available to use across the wide variety of modes is perfectly amazing as it is.
You're right not everyone should be included but there are characters that should have already been here and that's something that could be easily fixed and yet we get something like Piranha Plant. They had a ballot it shouldn't be that hard to add who we asked for when they literally have a list of them.

Last edited:

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
I mostly agree, but Phoenix Wright probably doesn't have that much of a chance as a lot of characters have games on the Switch, excluding older Smash characters and Joker.
I would agree with you, but the Ace Attorneh trilogy is actually coming out on the Switch next year, which could serve as added popularity and could be good timing for Phoenix as dlc

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
You're right not everyone should be included but there are characters that would have already been here and that's something that could be easily fixed and yet we get something like Piranha Plant.
Another way to view it: we're now at fan request number 67th or so.

You'd be lucky to find another game that goes that deep into fan requests. I think people forget that the vast majority of the veterans were the ones highly requested back in the day. (Obviously the surprise picks, some of the clones --Richter, Ken--- don't apply here)

Once we get the Isaacs, Bandana Dees, Waluigis, and whatnot people want they'll move onto request #77 and claim the roster has holes in them without their presence. It's a never-ending loop. Been following since Brawl and the cycle repeats itself without fail.

If a character isn't in Smash it's not the end of the world. Most of them will exist outside of it. As a package this roster is massive as it is. You'd be called deluded to claim we'd get this amount ten years ago.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

You'd be lucky to find another game that goes that deep into fan requests. I think people forget that the vast majority of the veterans were the ones highly requested back in the day. (Obviously the surprise picks, some of the clones --Richter, Ken--- don't apply here)

Once we get the Isaacs, Bandana Dees, Waluigis, and whatnot people want they'll move onto request #77 and claim the roster has holes in them without their presence. It's a never-ending loop. Been following since Brawl and the cycle repeats itself without fail.

If a character isn't in Smash it's not the end of the world. Most of them will exist outside of it. As a package this roster is massive as it is. You'd be called deluded to claim we'd get this amount ten years ago.
That's great and all but some of those characters have been asked for since Brawl's speculation. I'd think if after 10 years of constant requests that give them some indication to add those characters. And yes they would move on to the next character but so? They still have a ballot, they still know who we want. There's no real reason not to add them. Using people will still want more isn't a good defense. Now personally it wouldn't be the most hurtful thing if they didn't have the ballot. Before they had some plausible separation from the fans so it was understandable but why even have the ballot if it's not being used?

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
That's great and all but some of those characters have been asked for since Brawl's speculation. I'd think if after 10 years of constant requests that give them some indication to add those characters. And yes they would move on to the next character but so? They still have a ballot, they still know who we want. There's no real reason not to add them. Using people will still want more isn't a good defense. Also mighty generous of you claim we have gotten anywhere near 67 demanded characters.
You can look back at the official fan polls for Melee and Brawl if you want. The vast majority of newcomers added in those games there came from these polls.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
You can look back at the official fan polls for Melee and Brawl if you want. The vast majority of newcomers added in those games there came from these polls.
Actually they didn't. That's not to say we didn't get fan requested characters back then but to say a majority came from polls is also not correct.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Really? Then he most likely will be DLC
Yep, funnily enough I didn’t even remember it was a thing until your comment, but because of that he’s definitely one of the most likely third parties; he’s left-field, popular yet unexpected, and could serve as advertisement with his games coming to the switch next year.

Now, granted, I am SUPER biased since he is my most wanted third party currently, but I’m feeling good about his chances right now

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
What do we NEED as DLC? As far as huge, glaring holes in the roster that are very strange, a rhythm heaven character, Bandana Dee, Waluigi, Beast/Pig/Wizard/whatever-you-want-to-call-him Ganon, Dixie Kong?, a grass type starter evolution to complete the trio with Incineroar/Greninja, and Ninten.

Rhythm Heaven is Nintendo's largest franchise without a playable character, and it has the most spirits in Ultimate of any franchise without a fighter (by a large margin.) The lack of a Rhythm Heaven fighter just feels weird in a Nintendo All-Stars game.

There are 4 main characters of the Kirby franchise. We only have 3 of them. Bandana Dee not being in Smash just doesn't feel right, when almost every single official Kirby art with more than just kirby on the planet has the four of them, not just three.

It's the same deal with Waluigi, it doesn't feel right to have three of the quartet and not the fourth.

We have two Zeldas, three Links, and... one ganondorf who barely resembles his in-game appearances in LoZ. Maybe we don't NEED Ganon, but the lack of a proper villain moveset for the Zelda series just doesn't feel right. Ganondorf has and always will feel like Captain Falcon 2.

Dixie Kong is in a similar spot to Bandana Dee and Waluigi, but bringing her in might also make people say "well what about Kiddie Kong or Cranky Kong?" since they would be in a similar spot at that point. Dixie being NEEDED is debateable, but I personally think she's really the only other DKC character that should be in the roster.

Similarly to Smash 4, we have a fully evolved fire type and a fully evolved water type, but no fully evolved grass type. Some people have given up on this because of Ivysaur, but I really think it's just kind of off-putting to have such an iconic choice as the three starter types be absent from Pokemon. I personally would be okay with pretty much any grass type, though Sceptile and Decidueye probably make the most sense as fighters. Chesnaught or a gen 8 grass type could work too.

Some might argue that Ninten doesn't deserve to be in because he's basically the same thing as Ness in a lot of ways, but, just like with so many other characters on this list, it feels super wrong to have all but 1 of a trio or quartet. We have the protagonist of every single mother game-- except the first one.

But the only thing we REALLY need is home run contest.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"Need" is a very strong word to use, here.

That being said, I would like to see The Dragonborn, Quote or Sans.

H0L0CENE

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5048-8462-1228
Most of the characters I really want have been deconfirmed already, but I'm pulling hard for Sora, Phoenix Wright/Professor Layton, Banjo-Kazooie, and Porky.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Hollow Knight, Bandana Dee, Banjo, Geno, and if a second wave happens (probs won't) Shy Guy, Dragonborn, Sandbag, Zero, and Waluigi.
Also more bossfights like Perfect Chaos, the Radiance, Sigma, Gruntilda, Kamek, Porky, Tabuu, etc.

Also smash run, homerun contest, and Break the Targets. And board the platforms

Last edited:

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Is there a list or something of the most widely requested characters?

Also what makes people so sure that there won't be more DLC? Personally, I find it more likely than not that we'd see a second wave (not necessarily a Fighter's Pass, but more characters) just because of how big Smash is, but I'd like to hear why the opposition feels the way they do.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Ive seen tons and tons of supports for these seven characters:

Waluigi, Crash Bandicoot, Dixie Kong, Banjo Kazooie, Isaac (should have been Roys echo over Chrom), Shadow and Geno.

And this is not taken based on this website only, ive seen a huge fanbase in Reddit, Youtube and many more platforms.

I wish that every DLC atleast came with a new fighter AND an echo. That would increase the hope of seeing peoples favorite characters come into the game.

Four more DLCs now. Its really sad that two of them were wasted on Joker and Piranha Plant rather than characters people asked for.
By "people", you mean yourself. Don't bother denying it.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Isaac (should have been Roys echo over Chrom)
If Isaac is ever an echo of anyone currently on the roster it would be quite clear Sakurai never played Golden Sun and didn't bother to learn anything about it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How would Mario Maker work? I know what the Wii U design looks like, but there's the stage morph feature in Ultimate, so I'm not sure how it would work with that or in a Battlefield form.
Mario Maker is already a stage and i love it.

I refer to more stage-only DLC that are as good as that one.

Top Bottom