• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Now that's strategy!" - Robin Video Archive

b0kken

Smash Rookie
Hi there Robin mainers!

I would like to have some tips about what do you think i should improve from my playstyle but also, i would be really thankful if you can teach me somehow how to play against Shulk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bosH78ltSU0

This matches were recorded yesterday from a spanish online tournament (this set is the GF) and it's against best Shulk mainer in Spain: Mazzone (ranked 5th in a national tourney one week ago)
Thank you fellows and i hope you enjoy the matches!

PS: in 3rd match i switched to C.Falcon, also 2nd match i lost all my momentum and did it pretty bad, thats why im here to post this matches... it's way better to post matches were you commit lots of mistakes rather than perfect matches!

Thanks in advance!

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Hi there Robin mainers!

I would like to have some tips about what do you think i should improve from my playstyle but also, i would be really thankful if you can teach me somehow how to play against Shulk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bosH78ltSU0

This matches were recorded yesterday from a spanish online tournament (this set is the GF) and it's against best Shulk mainer in Spain: Mazzone (ranked 5th in a national tourney one week ago)
Thank you fellows and i hope you enjoy the matches!

PS: in 3rd match i switched to C.Falcon, also 2nd match i lost all my momentum and did it pretty bad, thats why im here to post this matches... it's way better to post matches were you commit lots of mistakes rather than perfect matches!

Thanks in advance!
Thanks for the vid @ b0kken b0kken , I enjoyed them very much. Your Robin is very good and you displayed a good awareness of your resource count and made effective use of b reverses so its clear how you were able to reach GF. I can perhaps give some tips since I also play Shulk.

1) hitboxes: It seems a lot of your troubles comes simply from the fact that you're not familiar with Shulk's hitboxes. For example, it seemed you got caught off guard when you got caught with the side hitboxes of Shulk's upsmash @5:16. Just watching more Shulk play or even rewatching your video will remedy that. Also, just assume that Shulk can hit you at midrange since the monado has incredible range so don't bother challenging him with your sword at that specific range. At close range, you may have a chance though and most definitely at long range.

2) monado arts: the key to fighting Shulks is of course to understand how their mode changes will dictate their strategy AND how it will change YOURS. During Shield for example, just don't engage him. You probably won't kill him anyways. Just run away. Heck, counter is actually strongest during Shield (which killed you at the end of round 1), giving you another reason to not engage him. Grabs are fine though since you can use it to stall off the time. During Smash, rely more on punishing Shulk rather than fishing for the ko. And when you do get a chance to punish him during Smash, make him pay dearly. For example, @2:31 when you dodged his counter you punished with a bthrow, an okay punish during any other mode. Since he becomes lighter in Smash, however, you could have ended the stock with a smash easily.

3) Offstage game: you had none. Shulk falls prey to nair offstage gimps easily so abuse that fact. Even if he changes to Jump after getting hit by nair off stage, he won't make it back if his double jump is gone. You want to go for gimp often against Shulk. Letting him recover on stage just means he has more opportunity to tank it out in Shield, making it take ages to ko him, the problem you had with your opponents 2nd stock in round 1.

Anyways, I hope this helps and if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
here is me vs Akuma. Loser final of a little tournament in Berlin/Germany (about 40 Players)

I decided to play Robin vs his Diddy cause earlier I lost in Diddy ditos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX9b6qnLPYg
Thanks for the video @ Janno Janno , you make us all proud with your excellent Robin play. I particularly enjoyed your command over Battlefield and I even saw you using some of the tactics @ Raziek Raziek mentions in his stage guide (although I don't know if you have the read the guide and if you haven't, you should). I hope you don't mind some feedback since I do have some thoughts regarding your matches.

It did seem you miss a few punishes and ko opportunities. For example, @10: 57 really should have been levin uair and @19:17 presented itself with an admittedly risky but possible gimp opportunity, which is also something I didn't see you attempt in these matches: gimping Diddy offstage. In these rounds you also tend to throw the tomes right away, especially in the last round. You may want to consider holding onto them sometimes for the mind and punish game, especially since you can punish Diddy for throwing a banana with it. And the main time you did exactly that form 7:03-7:10 (beautiful play by the way), you succeeded in catching Akuma off guard.

Other than that, however, very great sets and plays. Keep it up and I'm sure you can go even farther. By the way, was customs allowed in this tourney (or in any tourneys in Berlin)? I'm no expert at customs but if customs are allowed at these tourneys, you may want to experiment with them. I wonder if speed thunder or even firewall can help but again I'm no expert with customs and your default Robin still did well. Just something to consider for the future.

Janno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Janno123
Thanks for your feedback and your compliments :)
Im trying to take Robin to the top with you guys

You are probably right with the tomes. I should really consume the item better.
Tbh I think its hard to gimp diddy, cause he can delay ist recovery so well. Maybe it's because im not used to it. I should try it more often and learn some paths where diddys tend to go.

Costume Moves were not allowed. I only got myself Thoron+ and Goethia for testing thou.
Since costumes are banned in whole Germany I probably wont be paying much attention to them anyway.

Btw can anyone explain what happend at 7:05. Diddy picked up one of my books yet it disappeared

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Btw can anyone explain what happend at 7:05. Diddy picked up one of my books yet it disappeared
If the book hits the ground first, it disappears regardless of if you can pick it up (before it disappears) or not.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I'm not sure if this is even useful enough to be worth mentioning but a few times when you were hit high above the stage you just waited to fall. If you wanted to you could charge your thunder tome to the next level while you are still up high when the opponent won't be able to do anything to you. There are of course certain match ups and situations when this might be a bad idea. Either way you did pretty well.

Janno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Janno123
well I guess I was too afraid if diddys uair, cause you only can airdodge after charging.
And since diddys uair is such a nasty frame trap with airdodge, I didnt do it often

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
Video tiiiime! And two weeks worth, hoo boy! Take your pic of any match that catches your fancy, I'll give each of them a brief description.

vs. :4sheik:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQnJy3qaWfE&t=3m50s

I don't know what happened to my brain on stock 2, but it took a vacation. The whiffed forward smashes are because I didn't know the windbox was a thing (first Sheik I've actually played). I kinda shoulda lost the match after how I played that second stock, but luck was with me!

vs. :4kirby:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZzcf2EykE8&t=7m35s

Hello, Kirby, welcome to my campy game. After the last match was super close with Little Mac, I felt a switch was in order. It seemed to be a good idea, and I felt the match went well.

vs. :4diddy: (WF)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyZPRPb9bxI&t=7m

Two in a row here. Man, this is not a fun matchup. Would not recommend to anyone, ever. He screwed up really badly with that Fsmash, which let me take back the lead after getting grabbed... a lot. No more grabbing! 2nd stock went a lot more cleanly. Game 3 felt super clean.

vs. :4sonic: (GF)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSt3v6T9eqI&t=10m20s

Let's go, janky stages! We agreed on Skyloft, and I had a ton of fun. Tried to be super janky with the dash attack to kill when he just got his second stock, but alas, it was not meant to be.

vs. :4rob:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6EsdNlw_V0&t=1h15m

I... uh... yeah. That was a match.

vs. :4ganondorf: and :4robinf:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6EsdNlw_V0&t=1h31m30s

Man, after losing the previous round with Mac, that round against Dorf felt so fantastic. Words don't do justice. As for the Robin mirror, that is a super funky matchup. Fun to play, but really boring to watch. Definitely need more practice with it. I also (spoilers?) end up facing this dude in GF, but didn't use Robin there. If anyone is interested in that set, I can link it in another post.

vs. :rosalina: and :4sheik: (WF)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MuUnJrNpis&t=1m30s

Remember this guy? Toxxicri? He used a lot of names, for sure. Anyways, I kinda let myself get pulled away the first match, but the second stock was a quick fix for that. I really feel I've got the matchup down pat at this point. The Sheik match was due to some casuals we had played a week before, where he took a game off my Robin with Sheik. The ending of that match is great, just skip to that if you don't care to watch the whole match.

So there it all is. I'd appreciate any feedback you all can provide. Got a big tournament in late April, kind of the biggest tournament in our (meager, Smash wise) state. Looking to claim number one in Smash 4! Gotta make our Lady Tactician proud, as Cardinal would say.

Janno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Janno123
very well played my friend.
Your punishes are definitely on point. You have very good movement with Robin and I just feel your flow by watching the Videos (generally a good thing)

Some points I'd like to mention
1. Try to catch your Items man. That's so free and so importand. Best oos option in the game, clean 18%, can be caught again, can kill etc. You really should think about when you drope your items.
2. Even though you got some pretty hard and nice reads, and sometimes an early kill, you shouldn't use your smashes so often. They are very powerfull (espacially with rage) but also very laggy.

And just generell tips you probably already know:
Di Diddy's DThrow, dont roll too often, don't use arcfire close range...

But like I already said, your playstyle in genereal is very fluently and fun to watch.
Best wishes for your tournament

little edit:
so after watching the games from the second spoiler, I kinda feel like your opponents were - not bad- but very unfamiliar with the Robin mu. Keep in mind that there might be some players out there who actually know that Robins Dsmash has 2 Hitboxes and shield both of them (just an example)

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
@ SuperDavio SuperDavio , thanks for the vids again. I just watched WF of both weeks. You match against Sheik was beautiful. Excellent use of your CQC tools and even some cute item play. To a degree, you want to approach the Diddy match-up in a somewhat similar fashion as you would the Sheik one. With Sheik you weren't nervous when she was in you grill. You stayed calm and just used jabs and grabs to alleviate the pressure. That was not always the case in your match against Diddy. You wanted to run away and missed some punish opportunities through excessive rolling. Granted you won but that was in part because the Diddy player left himself open quite a few times. Also, as @ Janno Janno said, too many smash attacks. Other than, however, good work and if you have any vids before that tournament in late April make sure to post them here.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

My session with Raz the Awesome One. All feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
very well played my friend.
Your punishes are definitely on point. You have very good movement with Robin and I just feel your flow by watching the Videos (generally a good thing)

Some points I'd like to mention
1. Try to catch your Items man. That's so free and so importand. Best oos option in the game, clean 18%, can be caught again, can kill etc. You really should think about when you drope your items.
2. Even though you got some pretty hard and nice reads, and sometimes an early kill, you shouldn't use your smashes so often. They are very powerfull (espacially with rage) but also very laggy.

And just generell tips you probably already know:
Di Diddy's DThrow, dont roll too often, don't use arcfire close range...

But like I already said, your playstyle in genereal is very fluently and fun to watch.
Best wishes for your tournament

little edit:
so after watching the games from the second spoiler, I kinda feel like your opponents were - not bad- but very unfamiliar with the Robin mu. Keep in mind that there might be some players out there who actually know that Robins Dsmash has 2 Hitboxes and shield both of them (just an example)
Yeah, I've been told for weeks to use less smashes, ha. I blame the fact that I tend to use Little Mac, who has literally the safest smash attacks in the game.

I tried to work on some of the other points at this most recent tournament. Waited to respond just so I could see how I did things that were suggested.

I can't ever really figure out the right way to DI. Just away, or up and away? Up alone seems like a bad idea.
I worked on the rolls consciously, and feel I did a lot better in the one set I'm about to post.
And Arcfire autopilot is bad and I should feel bad.

@ SuperDavio SuperDavio , thanks for the vids again. I just watched WF of both weeks. You match against Sheik was beautiful. Excellent use of your CQC tools and even some cute item play. To a degree, you want to approach the Diddy match-up in a somewhat similar fashion as you would the Sheik one. With Sheik you weren't nervous when she was in you grill. You stayed calm and just used jabs and grabs to alleviate the pressure. That was not always the case in your match against Diddy. You wanted to run away and missed some punish opportunities through excessive rolling. Granted you won but that was in part because the Diddy player left himself open quite a few times. Also, as @ Janno Janno said, too many smash attacks. Other than, however, good work and if you have any vids before that tournament in late April make sure to post them here.
This week, I have a set that was just against a Diddy Kong, though this player has definitely improved recently; the most trouble I've had in a while, but that just means I need to adapt. Players at my locals are learning to block Thoron, so time to start bringing the ArcThunders.

I thank you both for your critiques, as they're always super appreciated.

SO! Here comes the whopping one video I have for you all this week.

vs. :4diddy: (WF)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxmFI4iEF-4&t=2m30s

Round 1 was Link, if you want to watch me get bopped. I promise I'm not a fraud!

Castle Siege wasn't the best choice, but I wanted my music. I feel the first form is pretty good for Robin, but the 2nd and 3rd are painful. Proud of the combo at the start. I got Smash heavy near the end of that second round, and lucked out that he went for an attack instead of shielding.

Round 3, First stock went pretty smoothly for the stage we were on. The beach sections are really painful as Robin, so I got hit hard in them. Once I regained platforms, though, I took the lead. His kill with that stage transition at 7:32 was painful. It hurt right in the feels. 8:21 was supposed to be a Levin uair, but I guess the c-stick wasn't really into that. At 8:33, the commentators didn't get what I was doing, so I thought I'd explain: I thought Diddy would either fall into the Thoron, or use his jump to avoid it. After he jumped, I went up to meet him with a Levin Fair for the kill, assuming he would come in swinging (like he had every other time).

Round 4, the audio got desynced, so mute it if you'd like. First stock went awesome, and I don't know where my head went on the second stock. Moto did a fantastic job there, and I just kind of got caught up in the flow. I'd really appreciate the most commentary on this part, as I feel it was the worst showing. I got a kill at 37% on my first stock, and only got my second kill at 70% on my last stock.

I'm thinking of using a different character against Diddy, but I don't really know how to feel with it. Maybe Dark Pit or Mario? Or perhaps I should stick it out. I've got footage of my Dark Pit from this week too, if you all feel it's worth investigating for this matchup.

AlienWarhead

Smash Cadet
Is there anyway I could use the 3DS replay system to get help? I could send my replays to someone for tips or post it so more people can see it, but I don't know long they'll stay, btw my username will show up as "AlienWhead" on replays. It would be nice if someone could post my replays on YouTube, but I shouldn't hold my breath. Right now all I have is an old video of me vs a Zero Suit Samus and then a King DeDeDe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq2fWHUpldE

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
Is there anyway I could use the 3DS replay system to get help? I could send my replays to someone for tips or post it so more people can see it, but I don't know long they'll stay, btw my username will show up as "AlienWhead" on replays. It would be nice if someone could post my replays on YouTube, but I shouldn't hold my breath. Right now all I have is an old video of me vs a Zero Suit Samus and then a King DeDeDe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq2fWHUpldE
A solid way, if you have no capture device, is to record your replays off another device, like a phone. I'm currently working right now, so I can't really watch your video. Try to upload some of your more recent content to Youtube, and link it to us here if you can.

AlienWarhead

Smash Cadet
A solid way, if you have no capture device, is to record your replays off another device, like a phone. I'm currently working right now, so I can't really watch your video. Try to upload some of your more recent content to Youtube, and link it to us here if you can.
My phone can't do that and I don't have a video camera

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
http://www.twitch.tv/gooshigaming/b/651342112
Starting at 33:00 and ending at 41:30
Then starting again at 43:10 and ending again at 50:00.

Yay and thanks to @FF WuvS.

Any advice on my matches is appreciated!
Thanks for the matches @ Chapter Serf Chapter Serf . Loved the nosferatu plays and it seemed you were slowly getting adjusted to the match-ups at hand. A couple of things though:

1) Biggest problem, and the commentators actually mentioned this, your recoveries were very unsafe and you often got punished for them. And while it is good to mix up your recoveries, you really should be snapping to the ledge more.

2) Related to the above, too many on stage Elwinds. While it can be used to avoid certain juggle situations, it should be used sparingly.

3) Too many dsmashes. It's laggy and you got punished for it. You even used it twice it in a row with the bronze sword in your first match against Olimer.

4) Your Robin stayed firmly to the ground and I saw very few, if any, short hops. Short hopping gives you access to more options such as sh aerials, sh arcfire to approach or retreat, sh nosferatu, allows you to pressure platforms better, etc. Even empty sh to grab can work wonders. While I'm not saying you should be short hopping all the time, I do think practicing and incorporating it into your gameplay will help.

5) For olimar specifically, I find nair and fair to be effective ways to swat them away both before they latch onto you and after.

6) For campy characters like toon link and even olimar sometimes, it is important that you find a way to charge up to thoron although that admittedly can be hard. This will shut down their zoning game and if you're in the lead, your opponent is forced to approached. If your tournament allows customs, you may want to consider speed thunder for a better zoning game and quicker access to thoron.

Anyways, thanks again for the vid and if you have any comments or questions just go ahead and shoot. Hope this helps.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Thanks for the matches @ Chapter Serf Chapter Serf . Loved the nosferatu plays and it seemed you were slowly getting adjusted to the match-ups at hand. A couple of things though:

1) Biggest problem, and the commentators actually mentioned this, your recoveries were very unsafe and you often got punished for them. And while it is good to mix up your recoveries, you really should be snapping to the ledge more.

2) Related to the above, too many on stage Elwinds. While it can be used to avoid certain juggle situations, it should be used sparingly.

3) Too many dsmashes. It's laggy and you got punished for it. You even used it twice it in a row with the bronze sword in your first match against Olimer.

4) Your Robin stayed firmly to the ground and I saw very few, if any, short hops. Short hopping gives you access to more options such as sh aerials, sh arcfire to approach or retreat, sh nosferatu, allows you to pressure platforms better, etc. Even empty sh to grab can work wonders. While I'm not saying you should be short hopping all the time, I do think practicing and incorporating it into your gameplay will help.

5) For olimar specifically, I find nair and fair to be effective ways to swat them away both before they latch onto you and after.

6) For campy characters like toon link and even olimar sometimes, it is important that you find a way to charge up to thoron although that admittedly can be hard. This will shut down their zoning game and if you're in the lead, your opponent is forced to approached. If your tournament allows customs, you may want to consider speed thunder for a better zoning game and quicker access to thoron.

Anyways, thanks again for the vid and if you have any comments or questions just go ahead and shoot. Hope this helps.
I'm not sure what is meant by unsafe recoveries. Just going for the stage and not the edge grab?

The tournament didn't allow customs, otherwise I would have been using speed thunder without any hesitation. I was missing Speed Thunder...

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
I'm not sure what is meant by unsafe recoveries. Just going for the stage and not the edge grab?

The tournament didn't allow customs, otherwise I would have been using speed thunder without any hesitation.
Yeah, you often got punished for landing onto the stage with elwind. Go for the edge more.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I am glad that I'm no longer immediately double jumping after getting hit. @ Raziek Raziek brought that up when I first played him a few weeks ago. I noticed that I wasn't doing that anymore.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Went to a local tournament few weeks back and may as well get some critique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sme8nxDEiuE (vs :4pikachu:, dat ending)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJzIjg-YJQc (vs :4luigi:/:4ness:, salty about game 3)
Very nice Robin play @ Papero Papero . Enjoyed the jumping-weaving game you got going on and you did pretty well swatting away projectiles with your sword, especially against Pikachu. Also, very impressive teching skills. A few things I noticed just based on these matches alone (in other words a limited sample pool is skewing my view admittedly):

1) You actually use dash attack pretty well which I have never said before, not even with myself, and you got decent mileage with it. You did, however, still whiffed with it quite a few times so you might still want to tone it done it down a bit.

2) I personally think incorporating more sh levin fairs will in conjunction with your weaving style can help, especially since it covers the area below Robin better than sh nair. And just like with sh nair, you can use it both whilst approaching or retreating.

3) Perhaps you were just off with it that day, but you might need to practice elwind spiking more. Basically, you were always too high above the opponent whenever you attempted it. Also saw no attempts at a nair gimp. For example, an immediate falling offstage nair against Ness @6:21 probably would've seal the stock for you.

4) With game 3, you honestly might have won if you weren't so antsy about landing a charged smash attack to punish Ness' recovery. Even waiting just a TAD bit longer before committing to an option might have helped.

Anyways, thanks for the matches. They were quite enjoyable to watch and keep making us proud with our fair Lady Tactician.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

Papero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paperio
Thanks for the advice @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal , the levin fairs in particular I need practice using since I forget to smash with aerials. I kept trying to bait out the edge fair from Ness which is why I wasn't aiming to gimp him much; I've been PKThunder'd to death enough.

Gonna try to keep Reppin' Robin for tournaments though. Tactician needs some more rep.

Last edited:

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
I loooost! Aaaaaaah!

Now that I've desalinated almost two weeks after losing, I'm looking for some advice. I finally watched the crucial map, and it was actually a decent amount closer than I thought it was. Advice is appreciated, once again.

vs. :4sonic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-_8XG8_nwE&t=3m2s

This was moreso a fun match, since we met in bracket at a regional and play a lot in locals. Hence the stage. Don't put much stock into this.

vs. :4rob:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXsCaA6mDHI&t=15m55s

:salt::salt::salt:
I had no idea what to do in this match. The stage was also a bad pick from my side.

vs. :4sheik:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBddEDGZJdQ&t=72s

I feel I'm more confident in this matchup now. I'm trying to not be as scared of my rushdown opponents. New windjab really helps with that.

Any critique is much appreciated!

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
This is on my to-do list, I promise. I just wrapped up my last exam on Tuesday and plan to get this place cleaned up over the next two weeks or so.

STO

Smash Rookie
NNID
MagikSimon
Hey guys, STO here.

It's probably my first post in this Robin forum, but yeah, I'm a big Robin fan/main.

I've recently lost a local tournament (4th place) to this Toon Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrsuw1AwPeg (I'm the one in the gray hoodie)

I had absolutely no idea how to approach the Toon, and he definitely won the projectile game, so I had to approach him somehow.
Could you guys help me find what I did wrong and how I could improve to beat this guy next tournament?
(It's a local tournament so I'm very likely to encounter this Toon Link again)

Thank you!

Quick Edit: Just to clarify things I'm looking for ways to beat *THIS* Toon Link, I'm not asking for general Robin-Toon Link match-up tips

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hey guys, STO here.

It's probably my first post in this Robin forum, but yeah, I'm a big Robin fan/main.

I've recently lost a local tournament (4th place) to this Toon Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrsuw1AwPeg (I'm the one in the gray hoodie)

I had absolutely no idea how to approach the Toon, and he definitely won the projectile game, so I had to approach him somehow.
Could you guys help me find what I did wrong and how I could improve to beat this guy next tournament?
(It's a local tournament so I'm very likely to encounter this Toon Link again)

Thank you!
Merged your topic into the video thread (which is also used for critique). I will try to get at this sometime tomorrow night.

STO

Smash Rookie
NNID
MagikSimon
Thank you!
I just might post other videos of me playing in the tournament if I can get constructive critique on how to improve my Robin :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom