• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now is the Last Chance to vote HungryBox for Best eSports Player at The Game Awards!

Super Smash Bros. has been included in The Game Awards for Best eSports player. This category is presented by Omen and meant to judge the most outstanding performer in 2016, without taking account the game. An award such as this is something HungryBox is very deserving of, having worked to be one of the first sponsored and full time players of the game. It would also be incredibly hype for the Smash community, seeing that it'll garner more eyes to Smash Bros.

His accomplishments this year are as follows:
  • 1st at EVO 2016 for Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • 1st at Battle of the Five Gods
  • 1st at Smash 'N' Splash 2, PAX Aerna, and more
  • Smaller majors with Mang0 & Mew2King
And more from this year and previous years can be seen on his SmashWiki page.

The nominees, HungryBox included, are:
  • Hungrybox - Team Liquid, Super Smash Bros
  • Byun-Hyun Woo - StarCraft 2
  • Infiltration - Team Razer, Street Fighter V
  • Coldzera - SK Gaming, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  • Lee Sang-hyeok - SK Telecom T1, League of Legends
For those that just want to get straight to voting, vote here and the link for tonight's stream is here. We hope this final push helps HungryBox win the best eSports Player award!

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Sorry, but I'm voting for Zero. The fact that he didn't win it last year means that he NEEDS to win it this year.

He has no chance considering how much less popular Smash is compared to the games the rest of the contestants play but whatever, I', rooting for him anyway. LETS GO HBOX

He has no chance considering how much less popular Smash is compared to the games the rest of the contestants play but whatever, I', rooting for him anyway. LETS GO HBOX
The fact that Hungrybox even got nominated is great for the Smash Community imo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom