• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Novella Zelda: An Attempt to Recount the Zelda Series in Writing

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
As I said before, I recall some Nintendo magazine or interview or some such saying that all links are from different timelines and worlds, they just share the same name and go on the same quest, the power of the tri-force extends through all the LoZ worlds.

Except for OoT and MM... I could be wrong but I keep remembering that it says at the beginning of MM how Link has defeated Ganon in OoT (I don't think it mentions 'OoT' but it refers to it somehow) and is riding away when...

Or maybe it's a couple years after OoT. Ahh well I recall that it's the same link. May want to check that.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
edit:
but now that you mention it, i have another idea. take this for example:
say I have oot and its at the last "linear" chapter as far as the game is concerned and link has just defeated ganondorf etc.
but then perhaps the chapter after the "true link wins" ending, there can be a bonus chapter that tells of links defeat and the dark age that follows?
That sounds like it'll work. Or perhaps some kind of series thing, where each series covers a different split timeline (child, adult, and hero loses). This seems like a very large undertaking and I wish you luck. I've kind of wanted to do the same thing as this, but never thought much of it. Good luck. :]

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
the power of the tri-force extends through all the LoZ worlds.

Except for OoT
wait what? the Triforce is absolutely in OoT. Link has the triforce of courage, Zelda has the triforce of wisdom, ganon has the triforce of power.. Ringing any bells? It was kind of a big deal. The triforce is not mentioned in Majora's Mask, or in Link's Awakening, to my knowledge.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
wait what? the Triforce is absolutely in OoT. Link has the triforce of courage, Zelda has the triforce of wisdom, ganon has the triforce of power.. Ringing any bells? It was kind of a big deal. The triforce is not mentioned in Majora's Mask, or in Link's Awakening, to my knowledge.
Haha, naww you misread it man. What I was saying is that it's the same tri-force throughout all zelda games (that mention it) but that there are different links and that the link from OoT and MM are the exception (i'm like 90% sure they're the same link). :)

Airik

Smash Rookie
As far as I'm concerned MM link is the same link from oot. I feel certain it is, becuase it tells of his journeys and the "war he waged through time". The only thing that slightly bothers me is the relationship bewtween link and the happy mask salesman. I know he was just a shop owner in oot, but he was an essential part of the story. you had to get the mask from him, to pass the guard in kakariko. so it just makes me wonder, because to me he seems like a brand new character in mm. it might just be the way the game was created, reusing character models, and its actually a different mask salesman. i dont really know. If anyone else does id like to know please :grin:

Airik

Smash Rookie
So I'm super pumped that historia was announced for the states :D

that gives me a little more time to mull over my thoughts until it gets here, and more time to play the games as well. I'm excited to hear this, and want to know what you guys think too.

Also, I noticed that a fan of the series is supposedly getting to help out with translations.
who do you all know of that is an extreme Zelda freak? maybe they could help me :grin:

Top Bottom