• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Nov 28, 2015] E2C 20 ft. ANTi & ZeRo in Hoffman Estates, IL (Smash 4)

Lewdenburg

Smash Rookie
So I'm actually considering going, and I'm pretty hyped for it. Are newcomers encouraged to come to this? This is going to be my first tournament, so I'm kinda nervous. If coming with other people who are new, then is there any discount?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
So I'm actually considering going, and I'm pretty hyped for it. Are newcomers encouraged to come to this? This is going to be my first tournament, so I'm kinda nervous. If coming with other people who are new, then is there any discount?
Newcomers are always encouraged to attend. It's your best opportunity to get better because you'll be able to free play pretty much all day with other players. How many guys would you be coming with? I can get you all a $2 discount if you can bring 3 other guys.

Lewdenburg

Smash Rookie
Newcomers are always encouraged to attend. It's your best opportunity to get better because you'll be able to free play pretty much all day with other players. How many guys would you be coming with? I can get you all a $2 discount if you can bring 3 other guys.
I have at least one that will come with me, more than likely 2. I can try to find a third person, but only two at the moment. It's good to hear that it's good for newcomers to attend

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I have at least one that will come with me, more than likely 2. I can try to find a third person, but only two at the moment. It's good to hear that it's good for newcomers to attend
Great sounds good. Let me know what your final headcount is.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
The event details have been finalized on the original post and include the new venue at Pizzeria Serio, start times, pot bonus details, updated payout percentages, minor rule changes, and everything else that you need to know. Project M and Melee are now 3 stock and 6 minutes for pools to save time, but will revert back to 4 stock and 8 minutes for brackets. Smash 64 will be 4 stock, Brawl will remain with 3 stock and 8 minutes, and Smash 4 will be 2 stock and 5 minutes. I helped get everyone a great all you can eat pizza offer at the restaurant for only $8. Anyone that gets the pizza deal will be entered in a raffle and have a chance to win one of many great prizes. Please help spread the word and invite your friends if you haven't done so already.

Also, check out the event page on Facebook for more info and to get a better estimate for the turnout.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1529027157338087/

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
I just looked at your Sm4sh Wii U rule set and i'd like to request 3 stocks please. If not, could you tell me the reason for 2 stock? To me, this game looks fast enough to earn 3 stocks like Brawl had. I'm just curious.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I just looked at your Sm4sh Wii U rule set and i'd like to request 3 stocks please. If not, could you tell me the reason for 2 stock? To me, this game looks fast enough to earn 3 stocks like Brawl had. I'm just curious.
For pools i'm going to keep it at 2 stock, but I may make brackets 3 stock. I'll have to think about it. I need the tournament to move quickly because of the number of games going on and the space that we have which is why I think 2 stock is best.

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
Ok then. Well I'll try to be there either way. But if you need things to go quicker, than why not cut some 4 stock matches to 3?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Ok then. Well I'll try to be there either way. But if you need things to go quicker, than why not cut some 4 stock matches to 3?
I did I shortened every Smash game by 1 stock for pools only but that still might not be enough. The issue is some players are going to make it to the top 4 or top 8 for multiple games and that will always delay the whole tournament. That and it depends on the turnout for each game. I have to make sure every game runs quickly so it can finish in a timely manner.

Lewdenburg

Smash Rookie
I have another question. What's an appropriate time to arrive to ensure that we are signed up for a tournament or tournaments? Smash 4 2v2 starts at 12:30, so when would be the right time to arrive and sign up?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I have another question. What's an appropriate time to arrive to ensure that we are signed up for a tournament or tournaments? Smash 4 2v2 starts at 12:30, so when would be the right time to arrive and sign up?
Try to be there at least 15 minutes before the start time. There usually is a long line for registration so the earlier you come the better and the more free play time you'll get.

Lewdenburg

Smash Rookie
Try to be there at least 15 minutes before the start time. There usually is a long line for registration so the earlier you come the better and the more free play time you'll get.
Thanks. One last question

Is there going to be any clause for smash4 2v2's?
I found the vid below, and it raises some questions on what can be allowed.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. One last question

Is there going to be any clause for smash4 2v2's?
I found the vid below, and it raises some questions on what can be allowed.

Kind of hard at this point still to determine what isn't allowed besides the custom moves and other aspects that I don't allow already. I think everything else is fair to use for the tournament. That video in my opinion was just a fluke since the pikachu team kept repeating the same moves and probably wouldn't happen against some skilled players. I don't see any issues like that arising at the tournament.

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
For the 3DS Smash Tournament,
Are we allowed to choose any stage in FD / Omega mode? I want to go to Guar Plains in FD / Omega mode for the music, and I'm sure it'd be just like fighting on the real FD.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
About how many people do you expect to show up? Im probably gonna try and enter the melee tourney.
Well last month we had about 180 people or so with 51 for PM, 41 for Melee, and 35 for Smash 4. This month I expect anwhere from 150-250 people throughout the day with around 50+ for PM, Melee, and Smash 4. We also have a guaranteed pot bonus that we didn't last month, and I posted flyers at every game stop and college campus in the area.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
We are going to need 14 setups for Smash 4 and Project M each, 12 for Melee, 5 for Brawl, and 5 for 64. We will also need at least 10 more CRT's. You will receive a $4 discount for bringing a game and system, and $1 discount for bringing a CRT. For anyone that is for sure attending, please confirm if you can bring any setups mentioned above.

Lewdenburg

Smash Rookie
We are going to need 14 setups for Smash 4 and Project M each, 12 for Melee, 5 for Brawl, and 5 for 64. We will also need at least 10 more CRT's. You will receive a $4 discount for bringing a game and system, and $1 discount for bringing a CRT. For anyone that is for sure attending, please confirm if you can bring any setups mentioned above.
I could probably bring a PM setup if necessary. I had a question about it though. Could it be possible for that setup to be used for free play only? This can decide on how many people I bring with me. Also, if I were to have three other people with me, is the discount still applied if any one person in my group is a spectator?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I could probably bring a PM setup if necessary. I had a question about it though. Could it be possible for that setup to be used for free play only? This can decide on how many people I bring with me. Also, if I were to have three other people with me, is the discount still applied if any one person in my group is a spectator?
We will be having several free play setups going so we could definitely use yours as a free play setup. Did you want yours to be used for free play only to allow your friends to free play, or because you wanted them to keep an eye on your setup? If you bring someone as a spectator, you'll get a $1 discount as opposed to a $2 discount if they register for a 1v1 or multiple tournaments. You've attended one of my tournaments before right? Let me know what your final headcount is though.

Lewdenburg

Smash Rookie
We will be having several free play setups going so we could definitely use yours as a free play setup. Did you want yours to be used for free play only to allow your friends to free play, or because you wanted them to keep an eye on your setup? If you bring someone as a spectator, you'll get a $1 discount as opposed to a $2 discount if they register for a 1v1 or multiple tournaments. You've attended one of my tournaments before right? Let me know what your final headcount is though.
Actually, it's more so the spectator could have a definite setup to play on. It's alright if other people were to play on it, but it just has to come home how it was before the tournament. This is going to be the first tournament for everyone that is coming with me (not just yours, but in general). I'm not exactly sure about a headcount, so it'll be 4-5 people, depending on if anyone cancels (which would be 4 players & 1 spectator; might be subject to change).

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
I could bring my Wii with Brawl disc. Unfortunately, I have no PM SD card so I guess it'd only be for Brawl. And if ya still need one I'll bring Smash 64 and (if my dad lets me) the N64 system. None of this is for certain, but I'll do what I can.

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
Are there any scheduled end times for each game? All I need to know is the end time for Smash 4 Wii U though.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I could bring my Wii with Brawl disc. Unfortunately, I have no PM SD card so I guess it'd only be for Brawl. And if ya still need one I'll bring Smash 64 and (if my dad lets me) the N64 system. None of this is for certain, but I'll do what I can.
Awesome ya let me know what you can do. Any setups you can bring would be really helpful.

Are there any scheduled end times for each game? All I need to know is the end time for Smash 4 Wii U though.
That's really impossible to answer without knowing the turnout, delays, and several other factors. My guess is pools will be done around 5 pm for Smash 4 and then it could take until 8-9 pm to finish the bracket depending on how big it is. The last two hours will just be losers semis, finals, winners finals, and grand finals though and only 6-10 players would be remaining at that point. It will depend on how far you make it.

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
Alright then, I can still come, but I'm curious about 2 things. When you say brackets finish at about 8-9pm is that at most how long it'll take, at least, or average? Also If I have a 3DS and so does someone else are the two of us required to play on a Wii U in those situations, or would we be able to smash with our 3DSs directly? Switching from 3DS screen to a big TV screen might cost me some issues in terms of accuracy.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Alright then, I can still come, but I'm curious about 2 things. When you say brackets finish at about 8-9pm is that at most how long it'll take, at least, or average? Also If I have a 3DS and so does someone else are the two of us required to play on a Wii U in those situations, or would we be able to smash with our 3DSs directly? Switching from 3DS screen to a big TV screen might cost me some issues in terms of accuracy.
That's my guess with the expected turnout and with delays for when it should be done by. If we get things moving faster we could be done a lot sooner. So probably a worst case scenario I would say unless we get over 100 entries for Smash 4 or something crazy like that. But you can use your 3DS as a controller and play looking at the screen on your 3DS if you choose to do so.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Big announcement. The pot bonus has jumped to $600 and thanks to Disc Replay, they have contributed an Xbox One that we are giving away in the raffle. To be eligible for the raffle, you must purchase the $8 all you can eat pizza.

Top Bottom