• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Nov 28, 2015] E2C 20 ft. ANTi & ZeRo in Hoffman Estates, IL (Smash 4)

Luxord10x

Smash Rookie
Yeah that's fine, you just have to make your name and setup the custom controls on each separate wii you play on :)
It's a little bit of a hassle, but I don't want to try grabbing a ledge and, instead, use an attack because my c-stick isn't a grab, so it's worth it. Lol.

Luxord10x

Smash Rookie
So, my friend got me to start playing Project M. And, when I set the c-stick to grab and tested the controls, it did an A attack instead. Is there something wrong with my game, or can you no longer use the c-stick to grab in M?

Nevermind. The recovery for Lucas got so bad, that the only way to save myself if I fall off is with PK Thunder anyway.

Last edited:

Captain Faceroll

Smash Apprentice
Nevermind. The recovery for Lucas got so bad, that the only way to save myself if I fall off is with PK Thunder anyway.
you can tether (grab) after an airdodge, so try airdodging towards the ledge and then tether. It'll give you a bit more distance :)

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I can confirm that I can bring Project M, Mario Kart 8, and two CRTs for those games. If anyone wants me to, I can also bring 4 Wii U Pro Controllers for Mario Kart 8.

Luxord10x

Smash Rookie
you can tether (grab) after an airdodge, so try airdodging towards the ledge and then tether. It'll give you a bit more distance :)
Thanks for the tip. I'm new to project M, so the nerf to Lucas's recovery has been really hard to get used to. I also miss being able to space and ledge guard with his PK Freeze. But the game flows much better than Brawl, so I can't complain

"May the stars shine down on you"
-Rosalina

Last edited:

Luxord10x

Smash Rookie
I can bring my Wii, 4 Wii remotes,2 Nunchucks, Brawl, and my SD card for Project M. I would bring my gamecube controller, but it is really squeaky and bulky(as it is, I usually use my friends' gamecube controllers over mine anyway. Lol)

-Rosalina

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I can bring my Wii, 4 Wii remotes,2 Nunchucks, Brawl, and my SD card for Project M. I would bring my gamecube controller, but it is really squeaky and bulky(as it is, I usually use my friends' gamecube controllers over mine anyway. Lol)

-Rosalina
Thank you very much. Don't worry too much about controllers because almost everyone will have one. We always ask players to bring their own.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Thank you very much. Don't worry too much about controllers because almost everyone will have one. We always ask players to bring their own.
I'm just curious, but is Mario Kart 8 the exception to this? Or is it recommended to have people bring controllers for it as well? Because I can definitely bring 4 Wii U Pro Controllers if people need to use them, seeing as Wii U controllers in general are a lot less commonplace right now compared to the N64 and GCN controllers that Mario Kart 64 and Double Dash use respectively.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I'm just curious, but is Mario Kart 8 the exception to this? Or is it recommended to have people bring controllers for it as well? Because I can definitely bring 4 Wii U Pro Controllers if people need to use them, seeing as Wii U controllers in general are a lot less commonplace right now compared to the N64 and GCN controllers that Mario Kart 64 and Double Dash use respectively.
Yes i'm making an exception for Mario Kart 8 because i'm not sure how many of the players that will be entering have controllers for that game. I would like players to bring their own but I feel more comfortable knowing you'll have a few spare ones.

Luxord10x

Smash Rookie
First tournament hype :)
The hype is so real. I have hosted unofficial tournaments with my friends before, but have never been in an actual tournament....and I'm getting more used to Project M now. I can finally short hop with Lucas :-D (which is so much harder than in Brawl), and I'm getting more used to the recovery in M. So, hopefully I'll do well in my first tournament.

-Rosalina

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
The hype is so real. I have hosted unofficial tournaments with my friends before, but have never been in an actual tournament....and I'm getting more used to Project M now. I can finally short hop with Lucas :-D (which is so much harder than in Brawl), and I'm getting more used to the recovery in M. So, hopefully I'll do well in my first tournament.

-Rosalina
Good luck in the tournament. Are you just doing PM or Brawl as well?

Luxord10x

Smash Rookie
Good luck in the tournament. Are you just doing PM or Brawl as well?
I'll let you know either later tonight, or Friday. I have to make sure transitioning between the two won't screw me up.

-Rosalina

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I'll let you know either later tonight, or Friday. I have to make sure transitioning between the two won't screw me up.

-Rosalina
There's no rush. You can tell me on Sunday like everyone else when they show up/

Luxord10x

Smash Rookie
Just to let you all know, Sakurai just tweeted that Pichu will return in the new smash bros game.

-Rosalina

Luxord10x

Smash Rookie
I guess it wasn't really him apparently. Just a fan made twitter with his name. That's kind of dissapointing. When I heard about it, I got excited that Pichu might return

-Rosalina

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I guess it wasn't really him apparently. Just a fan made twitter with his name. That's kind of dissapointing. When I heard about it, I got excited that Pichu might return

-Rosalina
There's plenty of fan made stuff all over Facebook and other social media to trick people.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have a stream setup available by any chance? I have one myself and we'd like to have one stream going for each game.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
See you all there tomorrow. Don't forget to bring setups and your own controller. Copying and pasting this from the Facebook event page.

**Important update for tomorrow**

Hey everyone looking forward to seeing you all there tomorrow. Please update your RSVP if you had a change of plans. If you can, reach out to your friends or those that you have invited and that haven't responded yet. Don't forget to bring setups. A few things to know for tomorrow:

1. Bring your own controller if you can.
2. Please no outside food or drinks. You can order food and drinks at the venue and alcohol if you're 21+. If you purchase food, hold on to your receipt and write your name on it. At 3:00 and 5:00 we'll draw one name and they will get their food paid for.
3. We need extra setups for every game so definitely bring one if you can and you will get a discount on the venue fee. We were short on setups for our last event and it delayed some of our games and prevented players from being able to free play. First to arrive with setups get a discount until we don't need any more setups so arrive early if you can.
4. The train will drop you off right next to the venue.
5. If you have a stream setup and a laptop and would like to stream one of the games, please let us know and we'll give you the full discount for the venue fee. We would like to have several streams going tomorrow.
6. Please try to be at the venue no later than noon. We'll start making the pools around 11:30 - noon. If you are going to be late, post on the event wall here and let us know when you'll be arriving to include you in a pool. Don't worry too much if you'll be a little late.
7. Please bring cash only. We don't accept credit cards, but there should be some atm's available.
8. Make sure you understand the rules for each game before you attend.
9. Plenty of parking will be available in the parking garage behind the bar.

If anyone has any questions, please let us know. Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

Luxord10x

Smash Rookie
Well, I didn't even make the bracket, but I still had fun getting horribly destroyed by DK and Pit.

-Rosalina

Top Bottom