• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NOV 17 . SAD . Sorry About the Drive =p . MW circuit event Owosso MI

Dopey

Smash Lord
Entry Fees:
$15 singles
$15 per person doubles

Prizes:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
Note: 15% will be removed from the pot before breakdown, to be used for the circuit points winner at the end of the season.

Housing is available, i got like 5 couches, and tons of carpet lol. Theres a couple hotels around me too.

Bring your own controllers.

* Registration and warm-up: 11:00 AM
* Doubles tournament: 12-1PM(depends on if we are still waiting for people)
* Singles tournament shortly after doubles

•Dave's Real Stupid Rule: A stage may only be replayed if the loser of that stage re counter picks it.

Rules and Tournament Format
You have all seen this mostly before, but incase you forgot...

* Four stock
* Eight minute time limit
* Double elimination bracket
* Winner of best two out of three advances
* Best three out of five in winner's bracket and loser's bracket finals
*Seeding is by previous tourny placings at the other circuit events

General Rules
* No items
* Team attack on
* Life stealing allowed in teams
* Pause is off
* Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit.
* Excessive stalling is not allowed. Tactics such as Peach's Wall-bombing and Jigglypuff's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.
* Controller mods (l-cancel/ sh mods) other than cosmetic mods (paint and stickers) are not allowed.

NO WOBBLING

Stages
Pool A (on random)
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Dreamland 64
* Fountain of Dreams (banned in doubles)
* Yoshi's Story
* Pokemon Stadium

Pool B (counter-pickable)
* Mute City (banned in doubles)
* Green Greens
* Rainbow Cruise
* Kongo Jungle 64
* Brinstar
* Poke Floats
* Corneria
* Jungle Japes

•Stages banned: Any stage that is not listed in either of these pools, is not playable in singles or doubles.

Counterpicking
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters

This tourny will be held at my place, its kinda in the country but thats alright, just means plenty of parking =)

Address:
2020 W Brewer Rd, Owosso, MI 48867

If anyone has any more questions just IM me or PM me on the boards, or "Dopehmm" is my AIM name. 248 240 4837 is my cell incase you plan on getting lost, write that down lol.

Dopey

Smash Lord
it will be on November 17th, i accidently forgot to put that little piece of info in there LOL ill make sure its on there tho.

Watty

Smash Lord
ATTENTION:

The Ohio State University will be playing the team up north this day, I will not attend this tourney because of such things because of the simple fact that when we win this game it will be our 3rd national title shot in i believe 6 yrs (maybe 5). GG though.... GG

Sliq

Smash Master
I will be there because I don't give a **** about failball.

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
ATTENTION:

The Ohio State University will be playing the team up north this day, I will not attend this tourney because of such things because of the simple fact that when we win this game it will be our 3rd national title shot in i believe 6 yrs (maybe 5). GG though.... GG
Everyone knows you're a transvestite and you're in love with me.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
As much as I would like to attend another MW circuit event... White 5 is a week before this, and I'm going to that closer tournament, meaning I'll be spending the money then that otherwise would cover GAS alone to come to this one.

If only MN would host a circuit event... but, I doubt it, seeing as it's so close to the end of the year... >.>

alcoady

Smash Ace
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH snap.

I'ma B dare,

Jiano, hows about a falcon ditto MM?

P.S. i'm broke and scared of you so it'll be around 5 bucks if your interested :)

Dope, you kick ***!!!!!

AS Money

Smash Lord
Midland would be fools not to go i will be taking this weekend off so atleast i will be there

AS Money

Smash Lord
My OSU Prediction is they will get mojo from the Lions and get drephans hopes up then crush them in a humiliating defeat like last years championship game

Dopey

Smash Lord
my prediction is that everyone will show up and stop caring about football teams they arent even on. dont root for people youve never met cmon guys =p

Watty

Smash Lord
u guys are jealous cause the only team u have to root for is the detroit lions rofl. lets see how long they will last lol

FrenzieFool

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm unfortunately I'm not sure if I can go or not. I would like to go but no promises just yet...

*UPDATE* ok so girlfriend will be gone that day so we can't watch the game together therefore I shall go to this tournament and watch it there or something... Everyone knows OSU is going to win anyways... Michigan is full of scrubs :p

BIG C

Smash Master
Pool B (counter-pickable)
* Mute City (banned in doubles)
* Green Greens
* Rainbow Cruise
* Kongo Jungle 64
* Brinstar
* Poke Floats
* Corneria
* Jungle Japes

•Stages banned: Yoshi's Island, MKI, , Venom, Big Blue, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Termina, and Yoshi's Island 64

Onett, MKII, Kongo Jungle(falls), and Peach's Castle aren't on the ban list or the counterpicklable list i confused...

Watty

Smash Lord
Hmmm unfortunately I'm not sure if I can go or not. I would like to go but no promises just yet...

*UPDATE* ok so girlfriend will be gone that day so we can't watch the game together therefore I shall go to this tournament and watch it there or something... Everyone knows OSU is going to win anyways... Michigan is full of scrubs :p
who are you? lol

Top Bottom