• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Nov 14, 2015] Reaction Games' Presents: Save the Space Animals (South Bend, IN)

TRYHARD86

Smash Cadet
NNID
TRYHARD86

Hello to all of our Smash family! We have a very exciting event taking place in South Bend, Indiana once again! We're pleased to announce our first fundraising event for the Heartland Small Animal Rescue. For more information on this great organization please visit their website:
http://www.heartlandsmallanimalrescue.org/
This awesome event will run both Super Smash Brothers Melee and Smash Brothers Wii U. All the information located below.

WHERE:
Kroc Center
900 W Western Ave
South Bend, IN 46601

WHEN:

Saturday, November 14
Starting at 10:00 AM

COST:
Venue Fee- $15
Singles Tournament Entry- $10
Doubles Tournament Entry- $10 per individual on team

Example- If you chose to enter Wii U singles, your cost will be $25 ( 15 venue + 10 tourney fee}
Discounts will be offered for full setups as well as partial

Pre-registration will be required for this event. Please note that if you elect the option to pay at door the venue fee will be $20.
https://smash.gg/tournament/reaction-games-presents-save-the-space-animals

Full Melee Setup: consists of game disc, console, CRT TV, memory card. If bringing a Wii please ensure any extra parts you may need ( sensor bar, Wiimote, etc)

Full Wii-U Setup: consists of game disc, console, HD TV, Gamecube adapter, and full DLC. Please ensure your console is on the newest update.

Partial Setup: This may consist of just one item. Such as wii u w/disc, gamecube w/disc, crt tv, hd tv. Wii U consoles without full DLC will also be accepted at a lower discount.

Discounts:

Full setup- $5
Partial setup- $2
Pet Products- $5
Purina Kitten Chow (dry)
**Purina kitten food (canned)
Kitty litter (including "Sweet Wheat")
Purina One puppy food (dry)
Pro Plan puppy food (dry)
Puppy Pads
timothy hay
rabbit food
guinea pig food
hamster food
Nylabone brand "bones"
Kongs
*peanut butter

* These items require at least 3+ for full discount
** These items require 10+ for full discount

Payouts:

$800 pot bonus plus additional prizes

15% of total pot will be donated to the Heartland Small Animal Rescue. The other 85% will be paid out in the following order.
< 50 - 50 / 25 / 10
> 50 - 45 / 20 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
> 100 - 40 / 20 / 10 / 5 / 3 / 3 / 2 / 2

Schedule:
9:00am - Check-ins begin & Doors Open For Smash
10:00am - Melee Doubles check-ins finish
10:15am - Melee Doubles Start
11:00am - Wii U singles check-ins finish / pools start
12:00pm - Melee singles check-ins finish / pools start
2:00pm- 2:45pm - Wii U lunch block
3:00pm - Wii U bracket begins
3:00pm- 3:45pm - Melee lunch block
4:00pm - Melee bracket begins
11:00pm - Venue Closed

Need to know:

Please bring your own controllers, as there will not be any on site.
Make sure to arrive at least 45 min prior to the start of your pools. If you are not within your pool after 5 min of being called, we will issue a 5 minute warning. If you fail to show up you will be disqualified.
Melee Rule Set:

- 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit

- No Items

- Pause Disabled

- If Pause is left on, any player who pauses mid-match must forfeit their current stock (even if accidental)

- Friendly Fire Enabled

- Sets will be Best of 3

- All Top 8 matches will be Best of 5

- Wobbling is legal (past 300% is considered stalling)

- Freezing the game and infinite stalls are banned

- Master Hand is banned

- If a match goes to time, the winner is decided by highest stock count, then lowest percent. If stocks and percent are tied exactly, a 1 stock, 3 Minute rematch will be played on the same stage

- If Port Priority is disputed, players may play Rock-Paper-Scissors to determine who gets it

Stage List

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams [Singles Only]
Pokemon Stadium [Doubles Only]

Counter-Pick Stages

Pokemon Stadium [Singles Only]
Kongo Jungle 64 [Doubles Only]

Stage Striking

- Best of 3 sets are allowed 1 stage ban

- Best of 5 sets are not allowed to ban stages

- Dave's Stupid Rule (players are not allowed to play on a stage they have already won on in the set, unless mutually agreed upon)

- Sets are played out in the following manner:

1. Players choose characters (double blind picks may be called for, please ask a TO if you need one)

2. Players strike stages from the starter list (P1 P2 P2 P1) (use Rock-Paper-Scissors to determine first strike; if Port Priority was disputed, the loser may strike first)

3. Players play out the match

4. The winner of the match bans 1 stage (if Best of 3)

5. The loser of the match picks a stage

6. The winner may choose a different character

7. The loser may choose a different character

SMASH 4 WII U RULESET

- 2 Stock, 6 Minute Time Limit

- No Items

- Customs are banned

- Mii Fighters are banned

- G&W/Sheik bucket combos in doubles are banned (The combination of G&W/Sheik themselves is not banned, however intentional use & abuse of the bucket w/ Sheik’s Up B and Grenades is banned)

- Suicide moves are always won by the initiating player

- Pause Disabled

- If Pause is left on, any player who pauses mid-match must forfeit their current stock (even if accidental)

- Friendly Fire Enabled

- Sets will be Best of 3

- All Top 8 matches will be Best of 5

- Freezing the game, infinite stalls, or any unknown exploits are banned

- If a match goes to time, the winner is decided by highest stock count, then lowest percent. If stocks and percent are tied exactly, a 1 stock, 2 Minute rematch will be played on the same stage

Starter Stages:

Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Omega Palutena's Temple
Smashville
Town and City

Counter Picks:

Duck Hunt
Lylat Cruise

Stage Striking

- Best of 3 sets are allowed 2 stage bans

- Best of 5 sets are not allowed to ban stages

- Dave's Stupid Rule (players are not allowed to play on a stage they have already won on in the set, unless mutually agreed upon)

1. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stagelist either by mutual consent

or through the Stage Striking Method. The pattern of stage striking will be P1-P2-P2-P1.( Use rock-paper-scissors to determine P1 )

2. A player that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports, going first

3. A player that won the previous match may announce two stage bans, which remains permanent
for the set. The player that lost the previous match selects a stage from all remaining stages

4. The player(s) that won the previous match chooses his/her character, then the player(s) that lost
the previous match chooses his/her character

Hope to see you all there!!!

Questions or concerns:
Contact us at - reactiongames@yahoo.com
Facebook event page - https://www.facebook.com/events/1138002899547593/

Last edited:

TRYHARD86

Smash Cadet
NNID
TRYHARD86
I reaallllllyy want to, but we are honestly scared of time constrictions. Since this is a charity event we get a discount but must pay an hourly rate. We are just trying to keep the expenses as low as possible. Ill see what i can do though ;)

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
It's just odd because I feel like Melee dubz and sm4sh dubz could be happening at the same time like most events. they don't even use the same set ups or the same players.

I do appreciate the time and energy put into this. I do hope something could be worked out.

Last edited:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
This is about 4 hours away from me, but I am very interested in attending. If I were to show up, would it be possible to get cheap lodging near the venue (Either from someone offering housing or a nearby cheap motel type of deal) so as to not have to do the entire trip there and back on the same day?

Blizzzard!

Smash Rookie
well i seem to have a slight probablem with my account, how do i set up my Reaction games account with my Smashboards

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
Now is Wii u doubles two stocks as well? Because the standard rules for dubs is 3 stock 8 min

TRYHARD86

Smash Cadet
NNID
TRYHARD86
This is about 4 hours away from me, but I am very interested in attending. If I were to show up, would it be possible to get cheap lodging near the venue (Either from someone offering housing or a nearby cheap motel type of deal) so as to not have to do the entire trip there and back on the same day?
Post in the Michiana Smash Scene on FB. Thats are local page and very active.

Top Bottom