• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

noticing increasing toxicity towards DHD online

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
I too actually use the "OhHaiDoggy" tag (usually after "GreatGame!") in the Wii U version, whenever I actually see a doggy player at virtually any point in any FG room, win or lose, and whether or not I happen to be one of the dog's bad MUs when they DO show up. However, if said player sticks around, I'll most likely take it a step further by firing up my "CostcoDawg" tag and :132:-ing his dog, since I ADORE that MU, no matter the setting. >:3

Gator

Smash Cadet
YES... i totally understand this. Im a duck hunt main as well and ive experienced quite a few people changing their tag to something rude after i bodied them. I can recall being called "c*nt" and a few other nasty things over it, but ive pretty much learn to deal with it. Lol people gotta learn to keep their salt to themselves XD

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
Anyone who is familiar with Duck Hunt knows all his weaknesses anyway and know that Duck Hunt is not as cheap as some of these For Glory people would like to think. They just unfortunately let Duck Hunt set up on them. I love when people switch to characters with reflectors. I had a Palutena that spammed reflect constantly even when I was not using any projectiles at all.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Anyone who is familiar with Duck Hunt knows all his weaknesses anyway and know that Duck Hunt is not as cheap as some of these For Glory people would like to think. They just unfortunately let Duck Hunt set up on them. I love when people switch to characters with reflectors. I had a Palutena that spammed reflect constantly even when I was not using any projectiles at all.
Those ones are great because they don't seem to ever learn that Palutena isn't safe from things that go over the reflector.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
This morning I was beginning to wonder if japanese players just hate Duck Hunt.

pretty much 20 matches in a row I would get a japanese opponent this morning, they would get hit twice, suicide both stocks and leave.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
They seem to not like characters that only appeal to the West, I guess. I read Zapper games did not do well in that region.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
It's just my luck to like a character many people find annoying.

NNID
Majorasmask66
The for glory community is awful. Just awful. It's a shame to see people getting mad because the opponent is using a character they don't like. "LOL KILLURSELF CAUSE I CAN'T DEAL WITH YOU BEING BETTER THAN ME!!!!!1" I swear its so ridiculous.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
For Glory is bull****. People with :salt: making excuses are bull****. It's a disgrace that they get mad for losing to a character they don't like and can't seem to deal with it, in this case Duck Hunt.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
I honestly would laugh at the people throwing a fit over me using duck hunt, or jigglypuff. if it wasn't for the fact that I spend half an hour getting a match where the opponent doesn't SD and leave.

I seriously had someone today send me a friend request after losing several times, telling me "You ****ing suck you can only play one character", when I was practicing. Why yes I will only play one character when I'm working on getting better with them.

Last edited:

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
Omg other people are going thro the same things i am! So many times people rage quit and change their names to mean names on me and i'm just like wtf don't hate on Duck Hunt. He's an awesome character, fun to use, and has a high skill cap. Idk y people give him so much crap...

NNID
Majorasmask66
I honestly would laugh at the people throwing a fit over me using duck hunt, or jigglypuff. if it wasn't for the fact that I spend half an hour getting a match where the opponent doesn't SD and leave.

I seriously had someone today send me a friend request after losing several times, telling me "You ****ing suck you can only play one character", when I was practicing. Why yes I will only play one character when I'm working on getting better with them.
They say you suck even though you destroyed them... sounds like for glory.

punkonjunk

Smash Cadet
NNID
punkonjunk
3DS FC
3480-2775-5641
Switch FC
Sw-7819-1079-8971
I main (mostly?) Bowser JR but I've really been putting in time with DHD after my love of what morton can do with projectiles.
both have an amazing mix of air and ground control with projectiles, but DHD is amazing at it, especially the wizard magic you can pull with the can - literally, Can on stage every second, spam disc, rush in for grab, dash attack, or forward smash- so many ways it can play out that I constantly, constantly have something planned for - it's amazing.
But... I have gotten a lot of vulgar name changes, folks don't like DHD, as it's hard not to come off as spammy - which is pretty much his whole playstyle, but that said, there seems to be a ton of toxicity online. Even when I was trying to get marth to feel like he did in melee, I still got a lot of vulgarity or I win, they drop, or both.

the online environment is pretty toxic as a whole.

Top Bottom