• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing New

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yunocookie

Smash Cadet
I'm only using the b button and the analogue stick. So I don't think this is c sticking. I still don't even really know how I do it, and it's really hard to do. I just hold left and at a very precise time while moving it right hit b. It's one motion I do not let go of the analogue stick. Please do tell if this is nothing new.

https://vid.me/zALV <--- This is what I'm talking about! ps sorry about the potato quality.

My controlls are c stick set to tilt(don't even use this). Tap jump on. B button to special.

Update: tested around a little bit and it doesn't matter if you have tap jump on or off, or if c stick is set to attack or smash attack. This tech is universal it seems. Can do with multiple characters.

Last edited:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
heres a gif I made of fox csticking lasers http://giphy.com/gifs/l41lQ5Fa9iBtnYKNW

as you can see, what you are doing looks identical.
I'm 100% sure you are doing c-sticking, but you arent using the c-stick so either you've figured out an alternate way to do it or I have no idea.

Yunocookie

Smash Cadet
Is there a way to show you my controller inputs? Cause I promise I'm not using the c stick. This might be an easier alternative to c sticking

Also don't you need your c stick to be set to smash attacks for c sticking, because mine is set to tilts.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
EDIT: Never mind I'm dumb

Last edited:

Yunocookie

Smash Cadet
We are not talking about the one where I sling shot back the direction I came. We are talking about the other one that looks like c sticking. I did it twice in the video.

Last edited:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Also don't you need your c stick to be set to smash attacks for c sticking, because mine is set to tilts.
other way round, you can only do csticking with c stick set to tilts.

I do this all the time, you're b-reversing the lasers while on the ground. B reversing also reverses your momentum, so there you go.

Isnt this just a grounded B reverse, its showcased in one of my smash corners videos, I'll update when I find it

Update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DXTNEPqcVo
Found it.
both of you are talking about grounded B reverse, and thats whats demonstarted in the my smash corner video, but this is not the same thing, watch them again.
The grounded B reverse you are talking about has you running right, and then you suddenly reverse direction and momentum, both facing left and sliding left.

thats not whats happening here https://vid.me/zALV,.

watch again, he runs to the right (actually the left but lets keep it the same as above to make it easier to understand) and then turns to face left, but still keeps moving right, he keeps sliding in the direction he was running, a grounded b reverse makes you slide in the direction opposite to the way you are running.

Nubber

Smash Cadet
I'm only seeing pivot lasers and b reverse lasers in your video honestly. But I'm not even sure what cstick lasers are though honestly
Probably has to do with I don't use tilts on my c stick though. I just hard wired pp up tilts and sh uairs into my brain the hard way. But if there's more uses for tilt for c sticks please inform me.

Yunocookie

Smash Cadet
Someone tell me how I can show you everything I'm doing. My only equipment is a iPad mini and a smash bros setup. I use a pro controller too but don't think that should mean too much.

Nubber

Smash Cadet
We are telling you . But I will explain it play by play ok

Your running back
You start to move joystick other way towards the other direction
When you hit the b the stick is at neutral position aka middle
After that your joystick goes towards other direction

That is a ground b reversal like every one has told you

Your just basically doing a pivot but hitting the b when your joystick is located in neutral when your moving it. You don't have to let go of the joystick for it but it makes it consistent and easier.

Last edited:

Yunocookie

Smash Cadet
Guy for the last time, I'm not talking about the b reverse. A b reverse changes your momentum. In the video I did it twice once in the beginning and once at the end. It looks like c sticking.

Nubber

Smash Cadet
Well Good luck I give up .

you don't know how to read . Your pivoting and just lasering as you slide . It's that simple play it at 1/4 speed like I did instead of arguing. It's a grounded b reversal by tech name though you rager. It happens because your not letting go of the joystick and laser during a pivot motion.
Letting go of the joy stick then hitting other way well change direction. Doing it without it well slide but you well also side b by accident too.

Last edited:

Yunocookie

Smash Cadet
This video talks about b reverses. What I did is not in the video. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw1elkJwtDo
I guess it is a pivot, but I didn't know you could do that with neutral bs.
Also just chill a little bit, there is no reason to call names. It's just a video game.

If this is a pivot then why do people use c sticking instead. This looks like an easier alternative. Also if you could do it with a neutral b can you do it into a jab?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yunocookie

Smash Cadet
But I'm doing mine out of a run. You can't do a up uptilt out of a run. That video is something different from what I'm doing in my video. I can hold left for as long as there is space for me to run then do the c sticking like move. (Just like c sticking) But with pp you can only hold left so long before you have to hit right to correctly do a pp.

Tondo

Smash Rookie
That's not a grounded breverse, but a turnaround b (or this is what it seems to me). If u want to execute a ground breverse u have to do what nubber says. For turnaround is similar, but, its a turnaround. XD 1)run 2) start pivot very quickly so u dont enter pivot animation and very smoothly 3) press b. The trick is how much u move the stick in the opposite direction, if is too much u'll perform a grounded turnaround side b.

Tondo

Smash Rookie
I use it a lot: Is the fastest way to move away from enemy and shoot some lasers. (obv on long distance, on shorter pp is the option bc u don't have to enter run animation)

Yunocookie

Smash Cadet
That's not a grounded breverse, but a turnaround b (or this is what it seems to me). If u want to execute a ground breverse u have to do what nubber says. For turnaround is similar, but, its a turnaround. XD 1)run 2) start pivot very quickly so u dont enter pivot animation and very smoothly 3) press b. The trick is how much u move the stick in the opposite direction, if is too much u'll perform a grounded turnaround side b.
This is what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Tondo

Smash Rookie
That's definitely not pivot laser, is another thing. This prevent pivot animation in fact. Like a pivot cancel side smash, ie.

Yunocookie

Smash Cadet
So is it new, old or what? If it is nothing new probably will delet this thread.

Last edited:

Tondo

Smash Rookie
Sorry, but is not new. Is poorly used probably due to is precise input under pressure, like shield dropping. And the easy way is to set special to cstick, and no one set special to cstick. But, as I said, I found it useful for Fox, especially to reset neutral and start instantly to pressure, so try to implement this on ur playstile.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
N Nubber T Tondo

its not a grounded b reverse, I already covered that above.
its not a perfect pivot laser, you cant do that out of the running animation
its not a pivot laser, you cant do that out of the running animation either

it looks exactly the same as a Cbounce laser which is not any of the above, but he isnt using the cstick, so again he's most likely found a different way to do it.

The actual tech he is doing is not new sure, but he's somehow done a tech with inputs that he shouldn't be able to.
I dont want to sound mean but please from this point on if anyone is going to make some stupid post about b reverse and pivots or 'I do this all the time its not new scrub' then dont bother posting because its not helping anyone.

Don't be another guy who posts something ******** because he didn't watch the video in close enough detail.

Tondo

Smash Rookie
Don't be another guy who posts something ******** because he didn't watch the video in close enough detail.
wtf lulz
I've already written what he performs on the video and how to perform. If u're dyslexic and cant read that I said that isn't a breverse but a turnaround is not my problem..

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
yep just a simple turnaround b.

I can understand why this got its own thread, doing a turnaround neutral b without special control set-ups takes precision.

turnaround: tap the opposite direction before laser :GCL: >:GCN:+ :GCB:

b-reverse: tap the opposite direction after laser :GCN:+:GCB: >:GCL:

luke_atyeo luke_atyeo the point of this thread was to help OP I.E. providing answers and dismissing incorrect answers. you can PM a person if you have a problem with them specifically. them supposedly not watching a vid as keen as you apparently or them generally annoying you.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yep just a simple turnaround b.

I can understand why this got its own thread, doing a turnaround neutral b without special control set-ups takes precision.

turnaround: tap the opposite direction before laser :GCL: >:GCN:+ :GCB:

b-reverse: tap the opposite direction after laser :GCN:+:GCB: >:GCL:

luke_atyeo luke_atyeo the point of this thread was to help OP I.E. providing answers and dismissing incorrect answers. you can PM a person if you have a problem with them specifically. them supposedly not watching a vid as keen as you apparently or them generally annoying you.

look dude its got nothing to do with not watching a video as 'keen' as me.
If somebody posts a video of them doing x, and you come in and say 'oh thats just y' but it isn't y, its x, but you are arguing its y because you didn't watch the video properly, because if you had you'd see it's clearly not y, then I think its perfectly reasonable for me to tell them to go back and watch the video again in more detail.
It is kinda annoying when people dont watch something properly and then give an uninformed opinion on it because it really doesn't help anybody and it just sidetracks the issue.
And I feel like if 3 people come in and make the same mistake and I patiently correct it and explain why they were wrong, when the 4th person comes in doing the same thing its time to be a little harsher and more direct, no?
All I have been doing is trying to provide answers and dismiss incorrect answers, thats the point of the thread? Thats what you are getting pissy at me for doing so I dunno where you are coming from, and if you have a problem with me specifically, did you know you can PM a person?
well done man, next time think a little more please.

its not a simple turnaround b, you can't do a turnaround b out of the running state because the frame you input the opposite direction you get that stupid sliding state, and when you are in the sliding state the only input that works is jump.
I tested it a bit today just to double check and I couldn't get it to work, if I am wrong about this feel free to correct me but please have some proof ready so that we can establish that that is what is actually happening.
you can do a grounded b reverse from the running state, but thats not whats happening in the OP video.
It seems like he's doing a cbounce, which is yes essentially a turnaround b, but its different from a turnaround b because you can do it whilst running, but he isn't doing the proper input for a cbounce.

Last edited:

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
i can produce a turnaround neutral b on a while running without a special control setup and without entering turnaround sliding animation. I'll investigate more though.

N Nubber a bit hypocrtical with the name calling but whatever

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
How's it feel to be a prick?

it feels pretty good man, how's it feel to have your entire day ruined because of one little thing some random guy on the internet said?

i can produce a turnaround neutral b on a while running without a special control setup and without entering turnaround sliding animation. I'll investigate more though.

yeah I did some more testing and managed to do it once or twice so yeah I was wrong it is possible, I think you have to input the reverse direction on the same frame that you press special.

Nubber

Smash Cadet
User was warned for this post
You think you ruined my day. You always insult everyone and think your better then all of us.
Your a child and need to open your eyes to the real world. Just because you can't see the actions or input the commands to do stuff doesn't mean it's impossible. I can do every advanced tech for fox without c stick crutches like you seem to need.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
You think you ruined my day. You always insult everyone and think your better then all of us.
I dont think I am better than all of you, but I do think I'm better than you because you seem pretty incapable of comprehending anything. Also maybe because I am better than you...?
Anyways, stay mad.

Tondo

Smash Rookie
Incredible how we have all said that is a grounded turnaround b and you Luke continue to say is not. Really man, U're so egocentric and snooty. Every single post claim to be top player in ur country and then u insult people about what u don't know or are not able to perform. Please grow up.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Incredible how we have all said that is a grounded turnaround b and you Luke continue to say is not. Really man, U're so egocentric and snooty. Every single post claim to be top player in ur country and then u insult people about what u don't know or are not able to perform. Please grow up.
iyeah I did some more testing and managed to do it once or twice so yeah I was wrong it is possible, I think you have to input the reverse direction on the same frame that you press special.
when you cant read...

Also pretty sure the only time I've insulted people is in this thread, nice one dude

Nubber

Smash Cadet
And here it goes once again how the crowd is wrong and he is right. Everyone is telling you something means you should Listen. Your arrogant it seems like how you claim to be the best in your Country yet no one has heard of you. If you were top player as you claim trust us we would Know you. Other regions watch other regions tournaments and I haven't even seen your handle in a top 32 let alone the first rounds of any major tournament that requires placing a to enter in the first place. Btw I posted a video that explained how to do the tech manually but you called the post ******** instead of actually looking. if you wanna get good you need to learn to listen instead of argue.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
if you wanna get good you need to learn to listen instead of argue.
oh the irony, it hurts.

I dunno what my skill level has to do with it really, when you get that off topic I think its time to just let the thread die, but since you seem to think I am full of ****, maybe you should do a little research before you open your mouth kid, especially considering you'd been trying to tell me the same hey? you haven't seen my tag in any top 32 because you probably haven't watched literally any tourneys from my country, not only have I made top 32, I have made top 8 at every single tourney in this country that I've ever been to.
http://qldsmash.com/Players/ACT?p=Atyeo

you really arent doing yourself any favors dude maybe its time to just walk away.

Nubber

Smash Cadet
LoL keep calling me kid. your half my age and keep calling people for discussing stuff on a discussion board. You have no respect and minimal fox knowledge at best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom