• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing like a Brawl Tourney

jambre

Smash Apprentice
Any one notice how the dupilacte characters are not diffrent colors like in melee. is this becuase of the names being used instead or could it mean that there might be alt costumes?
i think they did have duplicate colours in melee

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
Over here, in America, we called him a girl, yes. Kind of to avoid. . . confusion. But he's a boy.

In MK:DD, anyone can be anyone's partner, can't they? And Mario Party isn't really a team-based game.

Never played this one, so I'll believe you.
well in mario kart she had a pink egg item but yoshi had a green egg weird right?
and in some of mario sport games her shots were all pink and heart shots
well i hate her any ways she copies peach:mad:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
oh and i don't think a male will but a red rubbon on his head:laugh:
Some do.

That's kind of the point. Birdo is meant to be girly.

"In Birdo's biography of the Super Mario Bros. 2 instruction booklet, it reads 'He thinks he's a girl and he spits eggs from his mouth. He'd rather be called Birdetta.' Contrary to popular belief, this is not the result of a poor translation. In Japan, [Birdo, a.k.a. "Catherine"] was always male, despite the feminine name. Nintendo of America later censored Birdo to female to avoid potential controversy. Recently, in the Mario Strikers Charged official website, Birdo is again referred to as 'he'."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birdo#Birdo

Birdo is super feminine for a reason. But as far as I'm concerned, he is a boy.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
what was the point of Tournament mode really???
I don't know. I guess if you were to actually host a tournament and invite a lot of people over, it would be helpful for organizational purposes. But being the casual smasher that I am, I had no need for such a feature. But I guess it's good to know that if I'm in the mood to enter a tournament against computers in Brawl, I have the option.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I don't know. I guess if you were to actually host a tournament and invite a lot of people over, it would be helpful for organizational purposes. But being the casual smasher that I am, I had no need for such a feature. But I guess it's good to know that if I'm in the mood to enter a tournament against computers in Brawl, I have the option.
yeah thats tru.....now if we only knew that many ppl who live near us to participate in a tournament XD

Mattios

Smash Rookie
What will be most popular? online tournaments or in same place tournaments?

I wonder if Big tournaments like when Ken is playing would be on online tournaments or the same thing right now??

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I wonder if Big tournaments like when Ken is playing would be on online tournaments or the same thing right now??
Obviously tournaments that aren't online. There's no lag you need to worry about, you can be more socially active, and you can actually win money. Online tournaments will never beat tournaments like MLG or local tournaments.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
I think there will be some online tournaments, as well as the same kind of tournaments there are now.

Obviously tournaments that aren't online. There's no lag you need to worry about, you can be more socially active, and you can actually win money. Online tournaments will never beat tournaments like MLG or local tournaments.
There will be both kinds. When people do a good job of making online tournaments, they will be successful and people will come back for more. Sure, it's going to require a little extra work, but it's not going to replace physical tournaments in any way. Think of it more as a way to network with people from all over on a friendlier level of competition, without the need to travel.

I'm actually quite excited about the online, even with it's "limitations" because I've been working through a lot of problems that may arise with other people... of course we'll need to wait for the game to come out, but we seem to have covered a lot of the bases.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
that would be weird how can they be unlockable....
and we still have 2 months Duuhhhhh!!!:)
I'm saying, they are going to make Captain Falcon, Ness, Lugii, and Jigglypuff characters that you have to unlock. These were the original 4 that you had to unlock for the original N64 Smash...

Back to the subject though, who's interested in an online brawl tournament?

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=120358

darkNES386

Smash Lord
I am very interested in a Brawl online tour...na...ment...

OMG! I just realized what that blurred out mode in the tourney mode screen might be!
WI-FI TOURNEY!!!

P.S.- I'm in love with your sig darkNES.
Thanks, your sig is pretty sweet too. Check out the tournament I'm working on with some other people... let me know what you think of it....

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Thanks, your sig is pretty sweet too. Check out the tournament I'm working on with some other people... let me know what you think of it....
Thanks, it was my first ever Photoshop project. And about this tournament, it's totally online? Even if there's not "Wi-Fi Tournament Mode"? Yea, I'm down. I'll try to stay in touch.

{flashes sig because someone thinks it's cool}

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Thanks, it was my first ever Photoshop project. And about this tournament, it's totally online? Even if there's not "Wi-Fi Tournament Mode"? Yea, I'm down. I'll try to stay in touch.

{flashes sig because someone thinks it's cool}
The tournament will be online entirely... once enough people hopefully show interest we will start doing our format by regions but for now, we'll probably have to settle for one national level one. Lag shouldn't be too much of a problem I hope.

This goes for everyone, but Dyce has shown interest... let me know if you're interested in helping contribute ideas for this tournament... the post is...

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=120358

PM me something about your interest and I'll let you know where to go to help us plan this out. We have plenty of time, but we hope that it will be very successful upon Brawl's release.

Top Bottom