• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NoteBlock's Project M music pack (NEW VICTORY JINGLES!)

NoteBlock

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheEvyBoy

Hello, my friends!

My name is NoteBlock, I'm a music remixer/composer and I simply adore Nintendo games! I joined the SmashBoards community a while ago and decided this was the perfect place to show off a project that I've been working on! Basically, I Recently started making a music hack pack for Project M made up of remixes by me. It will be released in the form of a zip file filled with brstm files along with a list of their recomended use. For example, A Mario song would be recommended for a Mario Series Stage. I also intend on including remixed victory jingles for all the franchises!

In other words, is there any Nintendo songs that you've always wanted to hear in smash bros that would fit in with Project M's stages? A list of stages can be found here: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Project_M#Stages

---------------------------------------------------
DOWNLOAD THE 1.1 VERSION DEMO HERE! (install instructions included in the zip)

goo.gl/kd3WAO

TRAILER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ0Xm14Benw

All files are in BRSTM format and can technically be used for Brawl, but are currently named to replace Project M's files!

Thanks!

Demo includes:

- Ice Climbers Title theme (Ice Climber)
- Onett (Earthbound)
- Flower Garden (Yoshi's Island)
- Menu Theme (Super Smash Bros Melee)
- Grape Garden (Kirby)

To be included in future releases:

- Jungle Hijinx (Donkey Kong)
- SMB2 Overworld Theme (Super Mario Bros)
- K.K. Ragtime (Animal Crossing)
- Route 201/Trainer Battle (Pokemon)

- NSMBW Beach Overworld (Super Mario Bros)
- Gerudo Valley (Legend of Zelda)
- Improved Victory Jingles

Click the orange names to preview them on youtube!

A short video showing off some of my progress!

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Have to say, I am super hyped for this pack, man!

I just now watched the trailer and everything was great. Nice quality, nicely remixed.

I'd love to see Fountain Of Dreams Theme or Dedede's Theme remixed for this pack, as well as Yoshi's Story.

Hell dude, anything you remix ought to be good if the trailer is any indication.

I look forward to progress! Also, NoteBlock is just about the most badass name you could have Josey as a Composer/Remixer. That's awesome. ^_^

Oh, and welcome to the community!

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Welcome to Smashboards! This looks like a really awesome project. I'm looking forward to how it turns out!

As for requests, I've always liked All That I Needed, from Mother 1 / Earthbound Zero, but I haven't heard many good remixes of it, so that could be cool for Onett or Fourside (probably Fourside since it has more music slots). Can't think of anything else off the top of my head. :p

NoteBlock

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheEvyBoy
Have to say, I am super hyped for this pack, man!

I just now watched the trailer and everything was great. Nice quality, nicely remixed.

I'd love to see Fountain Of Dreams Theme or Dedede's Theme remixed for this pack, as well as Yoshi's Story.

Hell dude, anything you remix ought to be good if the trailer is any indication.

I look forward to progress! Also, NoteBlock is just about the most badass name you could have Josey as a Composer/Remixer. That's awesome. ^_^

Oh, and welcome to the community!
Glad to see you're excited for this! I added your suggestions to the list, thanks!

NoteBlock

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheEvyBoy
Welcome to Smashboards! This looks like a really awesome project. I'm looking forward to how it turns out!

As for requests, I've always liked All That I Needed, from Mother 1 / Earthbound Zero, but I haven't heard many good remixes of it, so that could be cool for Onett or Fourside (probably Fourside since it has more music slots). Can't think of anything else off the top of my head. :p
Thanks! I'll take it into consideration for sure!

The Incinerator

Smash Cadet
I think you just became one of my new favourite modders, I'll definitely be checking this thread for future updates. I don't really have a suggestion other than it would just be great to see how you could revamp some of the songs already in brawl that have just become stale after hearing them so much. Anyways, great job so far and I'm really excited to see what you do next!

NoteBlock

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheEvyBoy
I think you just became one of my new favourite modders, I'll definitely be checking this thread for future updates. I don't really have a suggestion other than it would just be great to see how you could revamp some of the songs already in brawl that have just become stale after hearing them so much. Anyways, great job so far and I'm really excited to see what you do next!
Thank you so much! A lot of music that I remix will be of a lot of the tunes that were in brawl! If you think of any other suggestions, be sure to let me know!

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
Hey, the stuff you've put out so far is pretty nice, I'm looking forward to more! I think it would be great if you could make something for Skyloft- Hyrule Fields doesn't really feel right there, but I haven't found anything else that fits. Whatever you do though, I'll probably end up liking it!

NoteBlock

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheEvyBoy
Hey, the stuff you've put out so far is pretty nice, I'm looking forward to more! I think it would be great if you could make something for Skyloft- Hyrule Fields doesn't really feel right there, but I haven't found anything else that fits. Whatever you do though, I'll probably end up liking it!
Thanks! I think Hyrule Fields could work for Skyloft! You're referring to the Ocarina of time one, correct?

Last edited:

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
Yeah! I feel like Skyloft deserves something unique to it, either a remix of Hyrule Fields or maybe Ballad of the Goddess?

RandomNickname

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flori2000
Sounds definitely like something I'd like to use. Since I've subscribed to you not long ago, I know that you make great remixes. I'd adore another Pollyana Remix.

The Incinerator

Smash Cadet
I know that many people as well as myself play on smashville a lot and when I was thinking of remix's you could make for this stage I couldn't help but think of animal crossing's main musical character k.k. Slider. While his various tunes are not all that extravagant or complex I think it would give you quite a lot of creative freedom if you tried to arange some of these tunes into one cohesive original song. Just an idea, still looking forward to see what you do next!

NoteBlock

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheEvyBoy
Well, I should start working on this again... You folks can expect a Jungle groove and a castle town/clock town mashup remix to be included in the first release! Hope you guys are still on board with this!

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
This is what I always wanted the PMDT to do, awesome! I've actually made several Nintendo BRSTM packs, so if you PM me I can definitely give you tons of songs to remix.

OnFullTilt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gregolus
Ah, I love where you're going with this. Here are a bunch of songs I like:

I'm quite partial to Wind Waker songs. Maybe a boss theme or two like Molgera, Helmaroc King, or final Ganondorf fight. I also love the miniboss theme from that game. From the original Paper Mario I would suggest the themes for the Koopa bros, General guy, Tubba Blubba, and the Cystal King perhaps. From Thousand Year door Rawk Hawk, Dooplis, Bowser battle music, and Shadow Queen music.

Obviously that is way too many songs to put in, they are just some suggestions if you are looking for any.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
I assume you already know how to loop a BRSTM, correct? Could I get a BRSTM of that song please? Also, on your demo, Grape Gardens has sorta low quality and Melee Menu is actually the Project M menu theme.

EDIT: So I guess you can't actually loop songs. I could do it for you if you'd like.

Last edited:

NoteBlock

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheEvyBoy
I assume you already know how to loop a BRSTM, correct? Could I get a BRSTM of that song please? Also, on your demo, Grape Gardens has sorta low quality and Melee Menu is actually the Project M menu theme.

EDIT: So I guess you can't actually loop songs. I could do it for you if you'd like.
I won't be releasing any more brstm files until the next release of the pack, the grape gardens thing has been fixed up, and I don't know what you mean by the third thing.

Yeah, I know how to loop them, what do you mean? Do they not loop for you?

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive

How could there be a BRSTM pack if NoteBlock didn't know how to loop his/ her music?

Last edited:

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
I won't be releasing any more brstm files until the next release of the pack, the grape gardens thing has been fixed up, and I don't know what you mean by the third thing.

As in every loop is End to Start, and that doesn't always work perfectly

RadiantThunder4

Smash Cadet
This is going to be so cool! Great work so far! It is possible to re-organize stages to get more music tracks in for an individual stage I believe. Just wanted to mention this that in case if you want more songs for a certain stage, you could re-organize it! :)

Looking forward to the future of this!

NoteBlock

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheEvyBoy
This is going to be so cool! Great work so far! It is possible to re-organize stages to get more music tracks in for an individual stage I believe. Just wanted to mention this that in case if you want more songs for a certain stage, you could re-organize it! :)

Looking forward to the future of this!
Thanks! Glad you're looking forward to it!

RadiantThunder4

Smash Cadet
Yes, in fact, I do!

I would really like to see a Rainbow Road remix. Smash 4 has one with the handheld Mario Kart games, but having one featuring the console games would be great! Also, seeing some music from Mario Party would be great as well! Maybe this could work, maybe it couldn't, but possibly a medley of the Mario Party mini-game instruction music? Also seeing a Windmill Hills remix from Tropical Freeze and a Cookie Country remix from Return to DreamLand getting remixes would be cool as well.

I would also like to see Dracula's Castle getting some actual Castlevania songs. I've never played any of the Castlevania games, so I don't have any suggestions for that stage, but perhaps someone else here could list some suggestions?

I'm pretty sure I could list a lot more, but I don't want to overwhelm you. If you want though, I can go through each stage and list a couple of suggestions.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
I would also like to see Dracula's Castle getting some actual Castlevania songs. I've never played any of the Castlevania games, so I don't have any suggestions for that stage, but perhaps someone else here could list some suggestions?
Bloody Tears and Vampire Killer are the two most recognizable

Last edited:

NoteBlock

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheEvyBoy
Yes, in fact, I do!

I would really like to see a Rainbow Road remix. Smash 4 has one with the handheld Mario Kart games, but having one featuring the console games would be great! Also, seeing some music from Mario Party would be great as well! Maybe this could work, maybe it couldn't, but possibly a medley of the Mario Party mini-game instruction music? Also seeing a Windmill Hills remix from Tropical Freeze and a Cookie Country remix from Return to DreamLand getting remixes would be cool as well.

I'm pretty sure I could list a lot more, but I don't want to overwhelm you. If you want though, I can go through each stage and list a couple of suggestions.
I'm really digging these ideas, especially Windmill Hills! I adore that game's soundtrack.

Go for it! Give me all the suggestions you want! I like getting new ideas, even if I don't end up using most of them.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
A remix of Death Mountain from A Link to the Past would be good too. And Route 201 from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl too.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman

By the third thing, he meant that the Melee Menu Theme included in your demo is actually just the Project M theme (not a remix or anything, straight from PM itself).

Love your work dude. I've been using everything from the demo in my build for our locals. Can I throw out a suggestion too? How about a remix of the Pokemon TCG normal duel theme? I found a really good jazzy one that I put on Saffron, but I feel like you could make one that's much more suited for Smash.

NoteBlock

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheEvyBoy
By the third thing, he meant that the Melee Menu Theme included in your demo is actually just the Project M theme (not a remix or anything, straight from PM itself).

Love your work dude. I've been using everything from the demo in my build for our locals. Can I throw out a suggestion too? How about a remix of the Pokemon TCG normal duel theme? I found a really good jazzy one that I put on Saffron, but I feel like you could make one that's much more suited for Smash.
Oh Shoot, I put the wrong file in, derp XP
Sorry about that, I'll fix it in a bit.

Thanks! Glad you like it! I can give that theme a shot! I've been looking for some unique Pokemon songs to add, and I think this'd be pretty awesome!

Also, just a question for anyone who reads this comment, what do you think is a good number of songs for the version 1 release?

Last edited:

OnFullTilt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gregolus
Oh Shoot, I put the wrong file in, derp XP
Sorry about that, I'll fix it in a bit.

Thanks! Glad you like it! I can give that theme a shot! I've been looking for some unique Pokemon songs to add, and I think this'd be pretty awesome!

Also, just a question for anyone who reads this comment, what do you think is a good number of songs for the version 1 release?
I'd think 2+ songs for every normally tournament legal stage would be a fine start which is 20+ songs on the most recent ruleset. If you want a lot of people to use your music pack then I think that would be the minimum, though this is just my guess.

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
I hope my suggestions are not being overlooked, as I have received no affirmation on any of them, and it'd be a shame if I lose interest in this music pack because of that. (Though I do doubt that'd be of any concern to anyone.)

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Quick question. If you use base MIDI tracks for these, where do you find them? I've had mixed results with the ones I can track down for my own work.

Also, this 100%
I'd think 2+ songs for every normally tournament legal stage would be a fine start which is 20+ songs on the most recent ruleset. If you want a lot of people to use your music pack then I think that would be the minimum, though this is just my guess.

Last edited:

RadiantThunder4

Smash Cadet
I'm really digging these ideas, especially Windmill Hills! I adore that game's soundtrack.

Go for it! Give me all the suggestions you want! I like getting new ideas, even if I don't end up using most of them.
Here are my suggestions! I'm sure I'll think of more over time.

Battlefield:
Battlefield (Brawl)
Battlefield (Melee)

Big Blue:
N/A

Castle Seige:
Id (Purpose)
Conquest (Ablaze)
Together We Ride
Fire Emblem Main Theme

Corneria:
Eladard (Star Fox 2)
Corneria

Delfino Plaza:
Delfino Plaza
Ricco Harbor
Beach Theme (3D World)
Battle Music (Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door)

Distant Planet:
Pikmin 2 Title Screen
Forest of Hope
Pikmin 3 Main Theme
Twilight River

Dracula's Castle:
N/A

DreamLand:
Gourmet Race
Green Greens
Cookie Country
Floral Fields

Final Destination:
Final Destination (Brawl)
Final Destination (Melee)
Final Destination (64)
Boss Battle Song 2 (Vs. Tabuu)
Boss Battle Song 1 (Brawl)

Flat Zone:
Flat Zone 1
Flat Zone 2
Octopus

Fountain of Dreams:
Fountain of Dreams

Fourside:
Eight Melodies

Frigate Orpheon:
N/A

Green Hill Zone:
Green Hill Zone
Windy Hill... for Windy Valley
City Escape
Rooftop Run
Metal Harbor
Tropical Resort

Halberd:
Return to DreamLand Final Boss
Boss Theme
Galacta Knight's Theme

Hyrule Castle:
Hyrule Field (Ocarina of Time)
Termina Field (I think that's what it is called)
Midna's Lament
Vs. Zant

Kongo Jungle/Rumble Falls:
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Title Screen
Rocket Barrel Theme
Stickerbrush Symhpony
Grassland Groove
Mt. Dynamite
Jungle Falls (Barrel Blast)

Lylat Cruise:
Star Wolf
The Loner, Falco Lombardi

Metal Cavern:
Metal Mario (Smash 64)
Metal Battle (Melee)
Underground (Super Mario 64)
Final Battle (Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time)
Final Boss (New Super Mario Bros. Wii)

Norfair:
N/A

Onett:
N/A

Peach's Castle:
Super Mario 3D Land Main Theme
Super Mario Land Main Theme
Bomb-omb Battlefield
Athletic Theme (New Super Mario Bros.)
Mario Party Mini-game Theme Melody

PictoChat:
Maybe some Advance Wars music?
Walking the Dog (Nintendogs)

Pirate Ship:
Great Sea
Ballad of the Wind Fish

Pokemon Stadium:
Johto Rival
Trainer Battle (Gold/Silver)

Pokemon Stadium 2:
Route 210
Trainer Battle (Ruby/Sapphire)
Team Magma/Team Aqua
Wild Pokemon Battle (Sinnoh)
Route 201
Route 209

Port Town Aero Drive:
N/A

Rainbow Cruise:
Slider

Saffron City:
Haven't played Red or Blue, but the battle themes are all great

Shadow Moses Island:
N/A

Skyloft:
Ballad of the Goddesses
Skyloft

Skyworld:
Magnus's Theme
Boss Fight 1
Hades's Infernal Theme
Underworld

Smashville:
Title Screen (Animal Crossing GCN)
1 PM (GCN)
8 AM (GCN)
Title Screen (New Leaf)
7 PM (New Leaf)
8 PM (Wild World)
5 PM (GCN)

Infinite Glacier:
Excitebike Title Screen Remix?

Temple:
Temple Remix

WarioWare, Inc.:
Drifting Away
Birds and Beans
Dr. Crygor's Theme
Maybe some music from the Wario Land games?

Yoshi's Island:
Underground Theme
In the Clouds

Yoshi's Story:
Yoshi's Story Remix

Last edited:

RadiantThunder4

Smash Cadet
Here are my suggestions! I'm sure I'll think of more over time.

Battlefield:
Battlefield (Brawl)
Battlefield (Melee)

Big Blue:
N/A

Castle Seige:
Id (Purpose)
Conquest (Ablaze)
Together We Ride
Fire Emblem Main Theme

Corneria:
Eladard (Star Fox 2)
Corneria

Delfino Plaza:
Delfino Plaza
Ricco Harbor
Beach Theme (3D World)
Battle Music (Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door)

Distant Planet:
Pikmin 2 Title Screen
Forest of Hope
Pikmin 3 Main Theme
Twilight River

Dracula's Castle:
N/A

DreamLand:
Gourmet Race
Green Greens
Cookie Country
Floral Fields

Final Destination:
Final Destination (Brawl)
Final Destination (Melee)
Final Destination (64)
Boss Battle Song 2 (Vs. Tabuu)
Boss Battle Song 1 (Brawl)

Flat Zone:
Flat Zone 1
Flat Zone 2
Octopus

Fountain of Dreams:
Fountain of Dreams

Fourside:
Eight Melodies

Frigate Orpheon:
N/A

Green Hill Zone:
Green Hill Zone
Windy Hill... for Windy Valley
City Escape
Rooftop Run
Metal Harbor
Tropical Resort

Halberd:
Return to DreamLand Final Boss
Boss Theme
Galacta Knight's Theme

Hyrule Castle:
Hyrule Field (Ocarina of Time)
Termina Field (I think that's what it is called)
Midna's Lament
Vs. Zant

Kongo Jungle/Rumble Falls:
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Title Screen
Rocket Barrel Theme
Stickerbrush Symhpony
Grassland Groove
Mt. Dynamite
Jungle Falls (Barrel Blast)

Lylat Cruise:
Star Wolf
The Loner, Falco Lombardi

Metal Cavern:
Metal Mario (Smash 64)
Metal Battle (Melee)
Underground (Super Mario 64)
Final Battle (Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time)
Final Boss (New Super Mario Bros. Wii)

Norfair:
N/A

Onett:
N/A

Peach's Castle:
Super Mario 3D Land Main Theme
Super Mario Land Main Theme
Bomb-omb Battlefield
Athletic Theme (New Super Mario Bros.)
Mario Party Mini-game Theme Melody

PictoChat:
Maybe some Advance Wars music?
Walking the Dog (Nintendogs)

Pirate Ship:
Great Sea
Ballad of the Wind Fish

Pokemon Stadium:
Johto Rival
Trainer Battle (Gold/Silver)

Pokemon Stadium 2:
Route 210
Trainer Battle (Ruby/Sapphire)
Team Magma/Team Aqua
Wild Pokemon Battle (Sinnoh)
Route 201
Route 209

Port Town Aero Drive:
N/A

Rainbow Cruise:
Slider

Saffron City:
Haven't played Red or Blue, but the battle themes are all great

Shadow Moses Island:
N/A

Skyloft:
Ballad of the Goddesses
Skyloft

Skyworld:
Magnus's Theme
Boss Fight 1
Hades's Infernal Theme
Underworld

Smashville:
Title Screen (Animal Crossing GCN)
1 PM (GCN)
8 AM (GCN)
Title Screen (New Leaf)
7 PM (New Leaf)
8 PM (Wild World)
5 PM (GCN)

Infinite Glacier:
Excitebike Title Screen Remix?

Temple:
Temple Remix

WarioWare, Inc.:
Drifting Away
Birds and Beans
Dr. Crygor's Theme
Maybe some music from the Wario Land games?

Yoshi's Island:
Underground Theme
In the Clouds

Yoshi's Story:
Yoshi's Story Remix
For the amount of music for pack 1, I would say 20 remixes is pretty good.

NoteBlock

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheEvyBoy
Quick question. If you use base MIDI tracks for these, where do you find them? I've had mixed results with the ones I can track down for my own work.

Also, this 100%
For this pack so far, I've been making my midis from scratch.

Top Bottom