• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Noteable little mac players?

Westburgerz

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to see if there are any good Little mac players out their but there are really none I can find. Most are players who secondary him and dont take him seriously or are players only a little better than your avrage for glory mac. Does anyone know anybody that plays him well?

Laitome

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-0929-1203
Sol, J.A.P.A.N. and yours (very humble) truly to name a few.

Make sure to check out the videos thread for good mac footage, but sol is definitely the best little mac now in my opinion.

Last edited:

Gavi1195

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gavi1195
3DS FC
3024-8441-4898
Personally, the only one I know that is very good with some popularity is Solreith (Pretty inspiring what he has managed to do, would love to go against him one day) Just heard from J.A.P.A.N. from Laitome (Who I have seen before in this site, but never heard from him in tournaments :(. No offense)

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
don't sleep on thomau5 either. his movement and empty hop mixups are legit. actually i was working on a ghetto library of mac players with links to their youtube/twitch accounts. for your convenience, you can find it here.

and gavi, laitome goes to local tourneys and does respectably. he's posted a number of videos in the video thread (although the commentary on them with respect to mac is terrible lol).

Last edited:

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I just wanted to say thank you for the recognition. Im gonna keep training hard to bring mac to the spotlight.

Strong additional recommendations for those not all ready mentioned are: Akhous, and StylesX2, Ducky (Though he doesnt get on camera often) and DireonFire

Last edited:

jet56

Smash Journeyman
Nobody has heard of me? Seriously? XD
i think i have seen you, but i don't know where to find you.

Edit: nvm found you neon, bro, just learn to dash dance and p pivot and you will be amazing, your fundamentals are already good.

Last edited:

jet56

Smash Journeyman
TBH, zephyr knows what he is doing with little mac, but hasn't mastered him yet, no p pivots or dash dancing, and i don't see a lot of kill set ups to up b or combos or strings. you really need to know how to combo well with little mac and how to get your kill set ups going, since you already have to win neutral more times than your opponent to net a stock, (especially against combo heavy characters, like:4mario::4zss::4sheik: etc.)

Elitist

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1220-9559-1098
I suggest sparring with the local talent here so YOU can be the Little Mac folks have to scour the internet for (I believe in you!). But everyone here has covered the more prominent Little Mac's. Alpharad has a reserve Mac, jokes aside.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Going to give a shoutout to @Alphicans. He's the number 1 player in my region and has beaten Ninjalink and Yoh, Ontario's rank 1 player, in bracket with Mac and had a close set with M2K before his Mario 90/10'd him with FLUDD. He'll also be at Northwest Majors this weekend, so hopefully he'll get some more exposure.

Dinn3r

Smash Rookie
NNID
Th34wesomeness
The #4 player in NC uses Little Mac. His name is Lazyboredom, not many videos of him but he's legit.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
Going to give a shoutout to @Alphicans. He's the number 1 player in my region and has beaten Ninjalink and Yoh, Ontario's rank 1 player, in bracket with Mac and had a close set with M2K before his Mario 90/10'd him with FLUDD. He'll also be at Northwest Majors this weekend, so hopefully he'll get some more exposure.
wow i'm surprised no one mentioned alphicans before you -- i thought for sure someone had mentioned him, given how long he's been repping mac.

The #4 player in NC uses Little Mac. His name is Lazyboredom, not many videos of him but he's legit.
i can't find any recent vids of him. links please? i think the reason the OP started the thread was because he wanted to see more mac playstyles. personally i'm always looking for exceptional macs on youtube, so i'm excited to see how this guy plays.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Alphicans.

Alphicans, Alphicans, and....oh, yeah, Alphicans.

Currently Winners side Top 8, alongside Big D, Captain L and Zero at Northwest Majors. All Little Mac. He's also toppled a lot of Washington's top players.

Last edited:

jet56

Smash Journeyman
My opinion on notable Macs?
"FIGHT SOL FIGHT! FIGHT SOL FIGHT! FIGHT SOL FIGHT!"
hypest final game to a set i have ever seen, but in all honesty, if the Ryu had just stuck to the top part of the tree, he would have been fine. TBH, this, and recent tourney events have really discouraged me from playing little mac. Why? because there is nothing you can do to someone camping, besides raw up b or a unsafe aerial, which they don't care about getting hit by really because its like 5% damage at most. a metaknight camping smashville, a platform charging spamus, a gordo throwing dedede on duck hunt, and that's not the worst part. the worst part is that EVERY CHARACTER can get out of little macs juggles in an easy way: jump. you dtilt, utilt, jab, ftilt, any string setup at all, they jump and get out of it. point is, after 40%, there are no guaranteed combos on most characters, and the fact is, the best way for you to punish shield is grab, which grants you nothing but a reset to neutral. when i lose neutral, i get juggled to kingdom come, and am at risk of losing a stock, but when i pop them in the air, i get almost no conversion or extra percent for it. Little mac has to WORK HARDER than most other high tier characters to net a stock or earn percent. yes his smashes do an absurd amount of damage and knockback, and do sometimes as much damage as some characters combos do, but the difference? combos are safe conversions, smash attack reads are not. Point is, a skilled player willing to play grimy will almost always beat a little mac, no matter how good they are. and you will find all kinds of players like that at large scale events. Don't get me wrong, i will still play little mac (im a stubborn guy like that.) but im kinda seeing the perspective here that little mac will always struggle with the top 20 characters, and will always be susceptible to camping from any player and character. didn't mean to bring this in here, but recent games with other players have kinda shown me how futile it is for mac sometimes.

Splash Damage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Grab_N_Go
I have my own philosophy on that that is too long/out of topic to post here, but in a nutshell, Sol's performance gave me hope. Seeing him use the stage in such an absurdly smart way gave me hope that there is a chance, even in unfavorable matchups on horrid stages. But that's for another thread.

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
I like to think of myself as a rising Mac player. But most of our Mac Skype Group is really good! More shoutouts, to Zen, Tobi, Gavi, Tom, Joecool. You guys have improved my game so much! Thank you!

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
Just keep puttin in the time and the work Lotus. You got this.

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
Just keep puttin in the time and the work Lotus. You got this.
Thanks mate! Whatever I learn, I like to try to teach unto others as well. I would not be where I am alone. All of yall bring the Mac community together. Amazing if you sit down and think about it.

Last edited:

GuardianZen

Smash Rookie
NNID
GuardianZen
3DS FC
2921-9103-1383
Holy shiznit. I wasn't expected my name to show up here. Don't give me that much credit, LOL.

But anyways, everyone's mentioned the people I always think of. My big three are Solreth, J.A.P.A.N., and Alphicans, but yeah, there's also StylesX2, Direonfire, etc.

One thing that the Skype group has taught me, though, is that everyone's got something different about them that you can learn from. Don't just watch the Macs you and your friends know about. Poke around. Play locals and online. Check out other videos. Watch your own replays.

But yeah, I'll get off my soap box now.

Splash Damage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Grab_N_Go
Huh, thought the Skype group disbanded or something, didn't know one still existed.
In any case, of course the big two are Sol and Alphicans, with Japan as the Mac Mascot and Chota/Styles out here too.

Rohaun

Smash Rookie
StylesX2, Alphicans, and SoL are my favorite LM's. They are just so gosh darn entertaining to watch.

Monado Master

Smash Journeyman
Not trying to act like the best Mac player ever or anything, but I say my Mac is pretty good. If you wanna test your Mac against mine. Send me pm and i'll give you my fc.

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
I think I am a noteable little mac player
My tag is PC BANE im known as the best little mac in socal
Oh hey bane! Good to see you again! didnt realize you were on the boards too, good matches at Gen 3, and had a blast meeting you ^_^

Vouching for banes competency, watched him win a 50$ MM vs a ryu. Did Mac Nation Proud.

Last edited:

jet56

Smash Journeyman
Oh hey bane! Good to see you again! didnt realize you were on the boards too, good matches at Gen 3, and had a blast meeting you ^_^

Vouching for banes competency, watched him win a 50$ MM vs a ryu. Did Mac Nation Proud.
damn i didn't get a chance to play you, had to drive back to AZ early sunday morning. still it was awesome meeting you!

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
Hey sol didn't even know you used smashboards lol. How'd you do at G3?
Not bad, washed out in wave 2 of singles so not impressive, but placed top 10 in doubles. Fought teams consisting of Ranai and Komo, Fatality and Acid, Ryuuga and Tweek, Ally and Trela, and Dkwill and Vinnie plus another team from japan, who's names elude me *Forgive me guys*

Last edited:

NogGoggler

Smash Cadet
Not bad, washed out in wave 2 of singles so not impressive, but placed top 10 in doubles. Fought teams consisting of Ranai and Komo, Fatality and Acid, Ryuuga and Tweek, Ally and Trela, and Dkwill and Vinnie plus another team from japan, who's names elude me *Forgive me guys*
Still wave 2 is still pretty impressive at a tourney as stacked as G3. And good job on the doubles placing! You teamed with ryo right?

Top Bottom