• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not my best but could you guys critic my snake?

Marr0097

Smash Rookie
I'm the kind of player who examines the situation before doing anything and goes for control so I guess it's kinda different on how you guys play

I made a few mistakes here and there so feel free to point out anything that needs criticism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=molgc2MZOR4

superman969

Smash Journeyman
more nades, fo sho.

and when you're opponent is off the edge, i personally like to shoot a whole bunch of mortars up, but trying a fair spike is A. really predictable and B. hardly ever hits.

i also think you could ftilt more too

Prevail

Smash Apprentice
As others have already said, a few more nades will help you. Don't be concerned with spamming them though. Instead, use nades in order to create pressure and set-up your opponent.

Beyond that, I think you need to mobilize yourself on the stage a bit more. Playing defensive is only effective to a certain extent (in my opinion). Try being a bit more sporadic so that your play isn't quite as predictable.

Your edge-guarding could improve by using a bit more mortar. Using mortar slide to the edge and pursuing your opponent can be very deadly.

Be sure to mix up your game and keep control of the stage.

Nice Snake, and good luck.

I hope that my advice helps you.

Marr0097

Smash Rookie
tnx I'll try to follow those tips.

and I didn't edge-guard using mortars since he doesn't always go for the ledge so I space myself a little to where I predict his vanish will go but I'll still try using mortars

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Definitely need to use more nades as mentioned. Try to grenade counter since that sheik looks very aggressive. Also at 1:27 don't bother waiting in your shield like that for the nade to blow up, you're kind of just endangering yourself. Re-pick it up from a shield drop and toss it (delay if you want to cook it so it explodes near/on contact).

As for edgeguarding, if you notice that he rarely goes for the ledge, you should punish his behavior accordingly. Plant a mine/c4 or drop some nades a little distance behind you and start pumping out mortars at the ledge while he's recovering. I guarantee this will make him hesitate and go for the ledge instead. If he doesn't then he can just eat your mine/nades or you can punish him in the lag of his vanish.

Tip on the down throw tech chase, if you're predicting them to roll behind you, simply turn around in your spot and walk that way a little bit. No need to dash. Just a small walk should put you right in spot for a regrab if they roll behind.

Top Bottom