• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Not Just Any Eevee! The Partner Eevee for Smash DLC Support Thread!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
First off, I talked to a mod and the owner of the original Eevee thread before making this so we're all good. Here is a link to said Eevee thread.https://smashboards.com/threads/eev...h-limitless-potential-maybe-next-time.453832/

On to business!

The partner eevee in Pokemon Let's Go! Eevee is not just any eevee. It's an individual with unique powers no other pokemon, even other eevees, can use. It's like Bandanna Waddle Dee compared to a normal Waddle Dee. Partner Eevee has the power of all the eeveelutions wrapped in one. It has access to 9 special moves of various types which could be incorporated into it's moveset. These special moves also come with added effects that no other moves have. These various added effects would make up the core of Partner Eevee's play style.

Here's a video showing all of the special moves if you don't want to read the diescription.

1. Buzzy Buzz- an electric type special move which creates a ball of lightning around the opponent and always leaves them with paralysis. In smash this could be a lightning based projectile similar to Palutena's explosive flame. It could have little knock back but have the added effect of slowing the opponents movement speed.

2. Sizzly slide- a fire type physical attack where Partner Eevee coats itself in fire and dashes into the opponent. It always leaves a burn. This move could work like a fiery green missile, or maybe something more similar to spin dash, or even . It would end with a burst of flame and deal extra damage over time. I see it mostly as a dash attack because there are so many other options for special moves.

3. Bouncy Bubble- Partner Eevee shoots a stream of bubbles at its opponent which drains their health and returns to replenish its own. This wouldn't work like any current move, but would almost be like a projectile version of nosferatu. Given how many special moves Partner Eevee has to incorporate, I see it as a forward arial like villager.

4. Glitzy Glow- Partner Eevee lets loose a wave of psychic energy at its opponent and also casts light screen, which raises the parties special defense. Light screen could be incorporated in smash as a reflector or a buff in defense against energy attacks in addition to the attack.

5. Baddy Bad- Despite having the dumbest name of all the attacks, this move is fantastic. Partner Eevee shoots a wave of dark energy similar to Glitzy Glow (but obviously dark type) and casts reflect. Reflect is basically light screen but with physical defense. This could work just like glitzy glow but with a counter instead of a reflector and a buff for physical instead of energy.

Sidenote: I think Glitzy Glow and Baddy Bad could be combined into one move since they have the same animation just with different special effects. They could be a chargeable side special that starts as Glitzy glow. As glitzy glow, it would deflect projectiles both while charging and while being shot out. Charge it long enough and it becomes Baddy Bad. Unleash baddy bad, and while it doesn't reflect projectiles, it gives Partner Eevee super armor on its next few attacks.

6. Freezy Frost- Partner Eevee creates a giant black ice structure around its opponent then shatters it. This removes all status bonuses. I don't know how this added effect would work in smash. Maybe it could lower the opponents defense like inklings ink, or their attack instead. This could almost work as any of Partner Eevee's smash attacks, appearing directly in front of Partner Eevee for forward, behind it while striking upward for up smash, and on either side of it for down smash.

7. Sappy Seed- A giant vine sprouts up from the ground and drops explosive seeds on Partner Eevee's opponents. It has the added effect of leech seed, which drains health from the opponent every turn. In smash, I think this would work best as a smash attack, either forward or down since although there is upward momentum with the stalk rising, the seeds falling is the main point of the attack. After a character is hit with this move, they would gradually take damage- about 2% to 4% per second. I don't know if this should also heal Partner Eevee or how long it should last, but overall it would be a very highly damaging move with reduced knock back to compensate.

8. Sparkly Swirl- This fairy type move has Partner Eevee generate several swirls of fairy energy to attack the opponent. It also removes all status ailments in the party. I think this would work for a forward or down smash, and it could have the added effect of restoring shields or something if it hits.

9. Veevee Volley- Thuis one is Partner Eevee's signature move. It's not one that can be learned in the regular moves, but can be activated via motion controls when Partner Eevee prompts it. It's super powerful (I almost one shotted mew two with it) and cinematic, so it would work well for a final smash.

But that's not all that's unique about this particular Eevee. Partner Eevee also learns the game's replacements for HMs, known as secret techniques. These are not moves, but various powers and gadgets for use outside of battle only that only Partner Eevee and Partner Pikachu can use.

1. Chop Down- Essentially just cut. Cutting down the tree could be used for an animation for a normal attack.

2. Light Up- Flash replacement. Probably not much use in smash.

3. Strong Push- Strength replacement. Partner Eevee glows and gains the strength to push huge rocks. The animation has it hitting the rock with its tail. I could see this being used in the throws. Partner Eevee throws the opponent, then jumps and whacks them with its tail while glowing to indicate it is using strong push. It would probably be a very high knock back throw.

4. Sea Skim- Surf replacement. This time it's literally surfing with a board. I think this could come out for normal attacks like a down tilt.

5. Sky Dash- Partner Eevee summons a flying machine and takes to the skies. It's the fly HM (fast travel) replacement. Perfect for an up special.

Finally, Partner Eevee brings along a plethora of adorable costumes, accessories, and hair styles which could be used for alts in smash.

Overall, I think your standard Eevee would be pretty basic, but Partner Eevee has potential to be one of the most unique characters on the roster. It would be a fast, light, tricky character that relies on stacking the various bonus effects of its moves to win the battle. Having so many types on one pokemon in smash seems really cool to me, and I could see Nintendo adding this character to promote the new Let's Go! games.

By the way, this is the first support thread I've ever made, so any tips or suggestions would be welcome. If anyone wants me to add something else to the OP I'm happy to listen.

Thanks for reading!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One other thing about Partner Eevee, the female versions has a different tail pattern, unique to her.

So another fighter with two possible genders and one that doesn't need a full model swap to boot.

I still think it should just be called eevee in smash and the like, but basing eevee's moves on partner eevee's abilities is a no brainier. An elementalist or sorts using eevee's abilities.

An important note is that next gen were also due fir a couple new eeveelutions. So eevee as dlc could rep more then let's go

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I still think it should just be called eevee in smash and the like, but basing eevee's moves on partner eevee's abilities is a no brainier. An elementalist or sorts using eevee's abilities.

An important note is that next gen were also due fir a couple new eeveelutions. So eevee as dlc could rep more then let's go
I agree that in game it should just be called Eevee. I'm just calling it Partner Eevee here to differentiate it from the idea of a regular Eevee, which would presumably evolve mid match or summon eeveelutions or something.

Also yeah, I didn't think about the whole "new eeveelutions every other Gen" thing. That's another point in Eevee's favor.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Aside from Snorlax and maybe the other versions of the Gen 1 starters like Bulbasaur or Blastoise, Eevee is the last significant Gen 1 Pokemon that remains important and promoted in almost every Pokemon game. Sign me up.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Aside from Snorlax and maybe the other versions of the Gen 1 starters like Bulbasaur or Blastoise, Eevee is the last significant Gen 1 Pokemon that remains important and promoted in almost every Pokemon game. Sign me up.
Glad to see the support! I think Eevee has a lot of potential to be a unique fighter with all these new abilities. And it's definitely one of the most well known Pokemon to this day. Fun fact, Ash almost had Eevee as his starter in the anime before they decided on Pikachu.

Last edited:

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Basically parroting what I said on the old Eevee thread but I used to think that if Eevee was ever playable in Smash its moveset would revolve around summoning its evolutions but with the exclusive moves Eevee got from Let's Go I feel the Smash Devs could use those attacks to make a good Eevee moveset should they choose to pursue it.

If a Pokémon is being chosen for one of DLC characters for Smash Ultimate I'm optimistic that Eevee has a good shot at being chosen. Game Freak recognizes that Eevee and its evolutions continue to remain popular generation after generation and felt confident enough to have it stand side-by-side with Pikachu with the Lets Go games (they could have chosen Jigglypuff, Meowth, Clefairy or according the devs they thought about Psyduck apparently) and as someone already pointed out new eeveelutions are introduced during even numbered generation so we will most likely see one or two new evolutions for it. It would make it a good tie-in for gen 8 if new eeveelution do show up.

Anyways, I support. Eevee is just about the only Pokémon left that I want to see playable in Smash (I used to support Sceptile and Blaziken as well but Incineroar basically killed any chance Blaziken had and Sceptile's only had a slim chance with the Smash Ballot).

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Basically parroting what I said on the old Eevee thread but I used to think that if Eevee was ever playable in Smash its moveset would revolve around summoning its evolutions but with the exclusive moves Eevee got from Let's Go I feel the Smash Devs could use those attacks to make a good Eevee moveset should they choose to pursue it.

If a Pokémon is being chosen for one of DLC characters for Smash Ultimate I'm optimistic that Eevee has a good shot at being chosen. Game Freak recognizes that Eevee and its evolutions continue to remain popular generation after generation and felt confident enough to have it stand side-by-side with Pikachu with the Lets Go games (they could have chosen Jigglypuff, Meowth, Clefairy or according the devs they thought about Psyduck apparently) and as someone already pointed out new eeveelutions are introduced during even numbered generation so we will most likely see one or two new evolutions for it. It would make it a good tie-in for gen 8 if new eeveelution do show up.

Anyways, I support. Eevee is just about the only Pokémon left that I want to see playable in Smash (I used to support Sceptile and Blaziken as well but Incineroar basically killed any chance Blaziken had and Sceptile's only had a slim chance with the Smash Ballot).
I didn't know that about Psyduck. That would have been pretty weird honestly. Anyway, glad to see the support!

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
I didn't know that about Psyduck. That would have been pretty weird honestly. Anyway, glad to see the support!
Yeah, apparently they considered Psyduck early on during development for Let's Go but didn't go through with it because they didn't want both partner starters to be a similar shade of yellow and went with Eevee instead because of its popularity and it was the rival's starter in Yellow. Also, my speculation is maybe they thought to have Let's Go and the Detective Pikachu movie to have some tie in to each other since a Psyduck seems to show up frequently in the movie trailer and seems to belong to the lead female character in that movie.

But yeah I am glad they didn't go through with that because Psyduck doesn't seem to be that recognizable compared to other Kanto Pokémon unless you were a big fan of the Pokémon anime season 1.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
As much as I think Veevee Volley would be a perfect final smash, I'd love to see all the eeveelutions show up for it too.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
What about calling it Veeveelution Volley, where all the Eeveelutions are summoned and charge at the opponent in a beautiful rainbow coloured cinematic?
That sounds glorious! It makes me think though, is eeveelution an official term or is it just a fan thing?

Luminario

Smash Lord
That sounds glorious! It makes me think though, is eeveelution an official term or is it just a fan thing?
According to Bulbapedia it started out as an unofficial name before passing into official strategy guides and then even into Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia. Since Smash is already using fan lingo such as Short Hop in actual directs it should be fair game to use the term.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
So, on Nintendo's Twitter (JP and AU/NZ at the moment anyways) they just confirmed that Spirits for Partner Pikachu and Partner Eevee will be added into Smash Ultimate on December 14 (JP Twitter mentions the date). While I am excited about the news at the same time I kind of hope this doesn't kill Eevee's chances for DLC since I have been hearing a lot of speculations about how spirits deconfirms potential DLC characters. Though I still think it is too early to tell since even Smash 4 had trophies of Mewtwo and Lucas and they still got in the game as DLC character so I still say wait and see what happens.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAUNZ/status/1069040555672383488/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1069040555672383488&ref_url=https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=embed&url=https://twitter.com/nintendoaunz/status/1069040555672383488?s=21

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Rule of thumb, until EVERY DLC character comes out and does not already have a spirit attached (given how many there are, they'd be pretty hard pressed to) Spirits don't disconfirm anything.

Besides, this is a another instance of a spirit of a character already in game

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Regardless, I do think this hurts Eevee's chances. I feel like base roster spirits deconfirm base roster characters and dlc spirits deconfirm dlc characters. Although this may be a special case given that it isn't just called "Eevee" and they couldn't just add Pikachu (Let's go) and not Eevee too, so that could be the reason. Still holding out hope.

Winyfiddle662

Smash Cadet
First off, I talked to a mod and the owner of the original Eevee thread before making this so we're all good. Here is a link to said Eevee thread.https://smashboards.com/threads/eev...h-limitless-potential-maybe-next-time.453832/

On to business!

The partner eevee in Pokemon Let's Go! Eevee is not just any eevee. It's an individual with unique powers no other pokemon, even other eevees, can use. It's like Bandanna Waddle Dee compared to a normal Waddle Dee. Partner Eevee has the power of all the eeveelutions wrapped in one. It has access to 9 special moves of various types which could be incorporated into it's moveset. These special moves also come with added effects that no other moves have. These various added effects would make up the core of Partner Eevee's play style.

Here's a video showing all of the special moves if you don't want to read the diescription.

1. Buzzy Buzz- an electric type special move which creates a ball of lightning around the opponent and always leaves them with paralysis. In smash this could be a lightning based projectile similar to Palutena's explosive flame. It could have little knock back but have the added effect of slowing the opponents movement speed.

2. Sizzly slide- a fire type physical attack where Partner Eevee coats itself in fire and dashes into the opponent. It always leaves a burn. This move could work like a fiery green missile, or maybe something more similar to spin dash, or even . It would end with a burst of flame and deal extra damage over time. I see it mostly as a dash attack because there are so many other options for special moves.

3. Bouncy Bubble- Partner Eevee shoots a stream of bubbles at its opponent which drains their health and returns to replenish its own. This wouldn't work like any current move, but would almost be like a projectile version of nosferatu. Given how many special moves Partner Eevee has to incorporate, I see it as a forward arial like villager.

4. Glitzy Glow- Partner Eevee lets loose a wave of psychic energy at its opponent and also casts light screen, which raises the parties special defense. Light screen could be incorporated in smash as a reflector or a buff in defense against energy attacks in addition to the attack.

5. Baddy Bad- Despite having the dumbest name of all the attacks, this move is fantastic. Partner Eevee shoots a wave of dark energy similar to Glitzy Glow (but obviously dark type) and casts reflect. Reflect is basically light screen but with physical defense. This could work just like glitzy glow but with a counter instead of a reflector and a buff for physical instead of energy.

Sidenote: I think Glitzy Glow and Baddy Bad could be combined into one move since they have the same animation just with different special effects. They could be a chargeable side special that starts as Glitzy glow. As glitzy glow, it would deflect projectiles both while charging and while being shot out. Charge it long enough and it becomes Baddy Bad. Unleash baddy bad, and while it doesn't reflect projectiles, it gives Partner Eevee super armor on its next few attacks.

6. Freezy Frost- Partner Eevee creates a giant black ice structure around its opponent then shatters it. This removes all status bonuses. I don't know how this added effect would work in smash. Maybe it could lower the opponents defense like inklings ink, or their attack instead. This could almost work as any of Partner Eevee's smash attacks, appearing directly in front of Partner Eevee for forward, behind it while striking upward for up smash, and on either side of it for down smash.

7. Sappy Seed- A giant vine sprouts up from the ground and drops explosive seeds on Partner Eevee's opponents. It has the added effect of leech seed, which drains health from the opponent every turn. In smash, I think this would work best as a smash attack, either forward or down since although there is upward momentum with the stalk rising, the seeds falling is the main point of the attack. After a character is hit with this move, they would gradually take damage- about 2% to 4% per second. I don't know if this should also heal Partner Eevee or how long it should last, but overall it would be a very highly damaging move with reduced knock back to compensate.

8. Sparkly Swirl- This fairy type move has Partner Eevee generate several swirls of fairy energy to attack the opponent. It also removes all status ailments in the party. I think this would work for a forward or down smash, and it could have the added effect of restoring shields or something if it hits.

9. Veevee Volley- Thuis one is Partner Eevee's signature move. It's not one that can be learned in the regular moves, but can be activated via motion controls when Partner Eevee prompts it. It's super powerful (I almost one shotted mew two with it) and cinematic, so it would work well for a final smash.

But that's not all that's unique about this particular Eevee. Partner Eevee also learns the game's replacements for HMs, known as secret techniques. These are not moves, but various powers and gadgets for use outside of battle only that only Partner Eevee and Partner Pikachu can use.

1. Chop Down- Essentially just cut. Cutting down the tree could be used for an animation for a normal attack.

3. Strong Push- Strength replacement. Partner Eevee glows and gains the strength to push huge rocks. The animation has it hitting the rock with its tail. I could see this being used in the throws. Partner Eevee throws the opponent, then jumps and whacks them with its tail while glowing to indicate it is using strong push. It would probably be a very high knock back throw.

4. Sea Skim- Surf replacement. This time it's literally surfing with a board. I think this could come out for normal attacks like a down tilt.

5. Sky Dash- Partner Eevee summons a flying machine and takes to the skies. It's the fly HM (fast travel) replacement. Perfect for an up special.

Finally, Partner Eevee brings along a plethora of adorable costumes, accessories, and hair styles which could be used for alts in smash.

Overall, I think your standard Eevee would be pretty basic, but Partner Eevee has potential to be one of the most unique characters on the roster. It would be a fast, light, tricky character that relies on stacking the various bonus effects of its moves to win the battle. Having so many types on one pokemon in smash seems really cool to me, and I could see Nintendo adding this character to promote the new Let's Go! games.

By the way, this is the first support thread I've ever made, so any tips or suggestions would be welcome. If anyone wants me to add something else to the OP I'm happy to listen.

Thanks for reading!

On to business!

Thanks for reading!
omg I so want partner eevee
I might have been the first person to ever bring up this character into the smash community so you can thank me for that

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
omg I so want partner eevee
I might have been the first person to ever bring up this character into the smash community so you can thank me for that
As cool as partner Eevee would be, I think we're unfortunately out of luck. Partner Eevee got added as a spirit in an update. I appreciate the support though!

GlaceonGD

Smash Cadet
I question how it took me this long to find this thread, considering how much I've been talking about wanting eevee to be playable over the past year. If by chance you haven't seen much of me here (you likely haven't, I normally sit around in the lycanroc thread since at the time it was the only character I had to support) well, eevee has been my most wanted character since I even knew smash existed. Not only is it my favorite pokemon (yeah, I like it better than its evolutions, glaceon is just my favorite of the eeveelutions) but it is also my favorite "Nintendo character" in general. I don't care how unlikely it is to happen or how much more hate (it wasn't here, mainly just on discord servers) I get for expressing that this is the character I want added to smash more than any other, I will support eevee. Also I loved LGE so I'm definitely on board with pulling moves from the partner eevee, especially since without them people tell you "eevee doesn't have enough moves to be in smash" and believe me I've gotten that so many times that I've lost count. I'm sure you get the point of what I'm saying, so I'll leave it at that.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I question how it took me this long to find this thread, considering how much I've been talking about wanting eevee to be playable over the past year. If by chance you haven't seen much of me here (you likely haven't, I normally sit around in the lycanroc thread since at the time it was the only character I had to support) well, eevee has been my most wanted character since I even knew smash existed. Not only is it my favorite pokemon (yeah, I like it better than its evolutions, glaceon is just my favorite of the eeveelutions) but it is also my favorite "Nintendo character" in general. I don't care how unlikely it is to happen or how much more hate (it wasn't here, mainly just on discord servers) I get for expressing that this is the character I want added to smash more than any other, I will support eevee. Also I loved LGE so I'm definitely on board with pulling moves from the partner eevee, especially since without them people tell you "eevee doesn't have enough moves to be in smash" and believe me I've gotten that so many times that I've lost count. I'm sure you get the point of what I'm saying, so I'll leave it at that.
It's really cool to see a long time supporter in the thread! Eevee seems to me like one of the very few Pokemon newcomers that would truly deserve a spot. New Pokemon get added each game based on what's new. Eevee is a serious legacy Pokemon. It's remained super popular even to today, and is constantly relavent in new generations. New eeveelutions coming out every other Gen keeps it at the forefront most of the time. I'd really like to see it in smash, especially with parner Eevee's powers. Like I said before, it doesn't look good, bit here's hoping!

Top Bottom