• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

North American Online Player Tier List v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
If your ego can't handle discussing this without flaming STAY OUT OF THE THREAD

Back by popular demand, here is the new North American online tier list. I am making this new thread due to the fact that the creator of the last one has quit smash. I will be updating this as frequently as possible.

Discuss which tier you think players deserve to be in. Try to be as unbiased as possible and try to place people based on how they do against you and how well they do in online tournaments and ladders.

If you do not want to be listed just tell me. I personally will not discuss my placement that's up to other people.

SS Tier

Isai
Superboomfan

S Tier

A Tier

B Tier

C Tier
Recent Tournaments
Sheer's TIMED online tourney (in progress) - http://challonge.com/sheerTIMEDpwn
Japanese Style SSB64 Tourney - http://images.challonge.com/japanssb.png

Origin SSB64 Tournament - http://images.challonge.com/originssb64.png
Steam Smash Bros Tournament - http://smashboards.com/threads/steam-smash-bros-tournament-bracket-up-play-your-games.338959/

SOME THINGS BEING DISCUSSED/TO DISCUSS
Starting a B-tier
Changes to higher A-tier/S-tier?

Best ways to get on this list

Join the discussion
Play regulars on this list and in this thread
Be active (smashboards, kaillera, tournaments)

Last edited:

M!nt

Smash Champion
I'm going to make a big list of all the players I can think of that are still playing later

Sedda

Smash Champion
How low is this list going to go? is it going to have a C tier? I wouldn't be on the list at all because I suck (so that's not why I'm asking), but I think it can really show the contrast between tiers if t ranges from SS to C.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Big lists are nice, the more players it mentions the more people can compare themselves with others. If a list only shows the elites then the list wont matter much to people if they can't make a comparison. Plus it's nice to see yourself going up in the list as time goes on. Ranking systems is why I enjoy competing in things. Sorta like this: http://www.soniccenter.org/rankings/sitewide

The Star King

Smash Hero
LD is S tier (assuming S tier is the skill level Combo Blaze posted), or close and soon on his way there

hopefully people believe me this time, unlike with Killer D:

Last edited:

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
All the people I (remember) playing recently, within a year or month.

SS Tier
Boom

S Tier
Jaime
Star King
LD

A Tier
Mariguas
Killer
Tacos
Dext3r
Z
SheerMadness
Kabal
Near

B Tier
Greginator
Villainy
YBOMBB
Unreal
Chansimba
AFT
NTA
Marth
Nova
Puff Daddy
Streak
Shade
Q
Caneut
Hipstur
MrMarbles
A21
*** Vwls
Omnus
Komo
Bloodpeach
Combo
KnitePhox
Wilde
Vice
Breakthrough

C Tier
Ducky
Jel

M!nt

Smash Champion
How low is this list going to go? is it going to have a C tier? I wouldn't be on the list at all because I suck (so that's not why I'm asking), but I think it can really show the contrast between tiers if t ranges from SS to C.
Do you play with the name Sedda online?

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
I play like twice a month and even then I lag 3 out of 4 times, not sure I deserve to be on online lists anymore

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
SS Tier
Boom

S Tier
Jaime
Star King
LD

A Tier
Mariguas
Killer
Tacos
Dext3r
Z
SheerMadness
Kabal
Near

B Tier
Greginator
Villainy
YBOMBB
Unreal
AFT
NTA
Marth
Puff Daddy
Streak
Shade
Q
Hipstur
A21
*** Vwls
Omnus
Bloodpeach
Combo
KnitePhox
Wilde
Vice
Breakthrough

C Tier
Ducky
Jel
Chansimba
Komo
Nova
Caneut
MrMarble

kys

Smash Ace
Alright, so LD is good, but no way he's better than Killer, Tacos, Dex, and Z.

I would man up and make a list but I haven't played online in a month or so, thanks to my controller breaking. But that's my 2 cents.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Do you play with the name Sedda online?
I'm not in the states right now, so I dont play online anymore, but no. I used to play under "snif," but I told everyone who I was.

I'll start playing online once I move back in May. GET READY MARBLES IMMA **** YOU UP

kys

Smash Ace
From when I played a monthish or so ago, I took games off LD, especially when we went to Congo. I couldn't take games off Z. Just the feel of it, I guess.

And again, Z played many different characters while we played. LD stayed Fox. I'm one of those people who puts more stock in character diversity. You throw LD's bad habits with a different character, and he wouldn't do well.

But then again, this is a game of matchups (both players and characters), so it's just one piece of anecdotal evidence. That's why these lists are fun when a lot of people participate.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Alright, so LD is good, but no way he's better than Killer, Tacos, Dex, and Z.

I would man up and make a list but I haven't played online in a month or so, thanks to my controller breaking. But that's my 2 cents.
LD may not be better than Killer's kirby, but he definitely feels better than Tacos, Dex, and Z now. And I play them all regularly.
From when I played a monthish or so ago, I took games off LD, especially when we went to Congo. I couldn't take games off Z. Just the feel of it, I guess.

And again, Z played many different characters while we played. LD stayed Fox. I'm one of those people who puts more stock in character diversity. You throw LD's bad habits with a different character, and he wouldn't do well.

But then again, this is a game of matchups (both players and characters), so it's just one piece of anecdotal evidence. That's why these lists are fun when a lot of people participate.
That's interesting, are you sure it was only a month ago? LD's style has greatly improved, and he's able to now combo and adapt to different characters and playstyles. He no longer achilles heel to kirby, pika, puff, yoshi.
I don't want to be a part of these lists please and thank you
I respect your request and will not include you on any of my future list.
I also wish not to be part of this as I never really play online that much. :p
I respect your request and will not include you on any of my future list.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
People scurred. I'm surprised no one said anything about my list.
Only thing I would change is put Kabal in B tier. I played Kabal like a month or two ago he didn't play that good, he's probably rusty.

Last edited:

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
I don't mind having a player discussion, I think it can be nice to see where you are and watch yourself move along the chart, like Combo said. That being said, I know where I am in relative skill, and I'd prefer people to just play me(I'm one of the most active kaillera players, generally) rather than talk about playing me and where I and others belong in the grande scheme of things.

You may not like the reasoning just please don't include me onto the list in the OP

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Z's post is hilarious. I'll post some thoughts later regarding this.

Still not playing online much.

SilentShottt

Smash Cadet
WOTG i have a few things i'd change with your list but imma get to that later.

Importantly though, have you played Cobrevolution recently? I'd place him top of B imo

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i've never played wotg and i wouldn't put LD in s tier at all. dunno where i'd go, personally

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
SS Tier
Boom

S Tier
Jaime
Star King
LD

A Tier
Mariguas
Killer
Tacos
Dext3r
Z
SheerMadness
Kabal
Near

B Tier
Greginator
Villainy
YBOMBB
Unreal
AFT
NTA
Marth
Puff Daddy
Streak
Shade
Q
Hipstur
A21
*** Vwls
Omnus
Bloodpeach
Combo
KnitePhox
Wilde
Vice
Breakthrough

C Tier
Ducky
Jel
Chansimba
Komo
Nova
Caneut
MrMarble
I know for a fact that I'm as good as people you put in B tier, there's even A tier people that I beat the majority of the time (kabal). I guess your judging by how well people do against you. It would be nice to play you without an alt so I know who I'm playing since you said we have played 7 times and I don't remember playing you that much knowing it was you.

bloodpeach

Smash Journeyman
WOTG's B Tier is too big. Really ought to be split into two. I think there's a pretty big gap in skill. These are unordered:

SS Tier
Boom

S Tier
Bane
Jaime
LD

A Tier
Killer
Tacos
Z
SheerMadness
Near
Wizzy
MATTS!

B Tier
Greginator
Villainy
YBOMBB
Unreal
Chansimba
NTA
Marth
Streak
Shade
A21
Omnus
Combo
KnitePhox
Cobr
WOTG

C Tier
I LOVE SMASH
Puff Daddy
Q
Caneut
Hipstur
MrMarbles
Komo
Bloodpeach
Wilde
Vice
Breakthrough
Zeds
Preston

Probably an alt but I'm too lazy to find out:
Bonebreak - B
White - B (on 7 frames)

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I request not to be put on anyone's list since some people want to be biased and put someone low because they don't like them.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I'm not flaming anyone so idk what your trying to say. I really don't care if people think I suck but you can ask most of the people in B tier about me and they would say I'm B tier, probably bottom of B tier but still B tier. Eggselent has a problem with me so I guess I shouldn't be surprised he put me low. Also caneut is not C tier either.

Last edited:

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
I like to mainly judge on how hard I have to try against people. I have to put more effort against Kabal than most people, he has a very consistent style that's difficult for me to deal with. My list was also ordered, and B Tier is pretty big imo, in the previous thread we thought of the idea of splitting B Tier into High, Mid, Low.

tacos

Smash Journeyman
I guess ill try and make a list, will probably be inaccurate considering i havn't played online consistently since last summer. Anywho, I'll TRY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom