• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Noob Combo (Melee/Project: M) - January 4th, 2014 - Miami, FL

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
it's only just occurred to me, pardon double posting again... but do you think there aught to be something said about Giga Bowser in PM, and the fact that he IS selectable without the need for a Smash Ball...?

maybe it's just me but I find the idea of having a supercharged character with complete immunity to grabs and crazy amounts of range might be seriously pushing boundaries, regardless if he's a big target that can get interrupted like regular Bowser...

Detroyer

Smash Rookie
because of me finding out about this tournament very late and i dont really have the resources to get to the tournament, is there anyone in delray beach or someone close to there who plays melee or pm because ive been dieing from not playing with someone for almost a year

MegamanX20100

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1590-4724-7065
Alright! So tomorrow, we all go and fight our hearts out!

I'm also quite surprised with how many others are debuting in this tournament. Can't wait to see everyone there tomorrow!

As I mentioned before, I'm going to be trying to come right at 1:00 pm with both a Melee and P:M set (no TV, though...). The more matches I can participate in, the more worth it this tournament will be for me.

I might also want to add that a friend of mine and his family is coming to see the tournament and friendlies as well. I found out today that he was thinking of going. XD

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
I've just arrived at the Holiday Inn express in north Miami, the room I'm in has a TV, so I'll probably fight with my dad for the TV so I can practice right after breakfast.

I have every intent on arriving early, too, cause I do plan on getting some friendlies in and perhaps get to know everyone, and perhaps talk to the TO about planning for this sort of thing, should I get the wild idea to try hosting an event of my own. I'm also going to be bringing a 3DS console with Pokemon X and maybe something else for Streetpass reasons.

OH, I almost forgot, I'll likely be asking around for links to the stream because I'll be posting it on skype for friends of mine to watch :grin:

MegamanX20100

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1590-4724-7065
I'll be bringing my 3DS as well, because why not? XD

A couple of hours... Gonna practice just a bit more and then just get myself ready!

EbAgItachi

Smash Cadet
I just wanted to immensely thank everyone who came out to this! It was my first time running an event, and besides the few rough patches concerning the entrants towards the beginning, it went really smoothly. I hope everyone had a great time and was satisfied with the tournament overall. It was a pleasure setting it up and seeing all the new and old faces.

I'll post the full results thread sometime either tomorrow or monday. I'm too drained at the moment. Thanks again!

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
my phone was stolen at this. if anyone has any information at all about my phone, i'll pay you for it.

if the person that took my phone is reading this, i'm not mad. just really depressed. i don't really have much so that phone was pretty important to me. there was a lot of sensitive information on there. please reconsider your actions and negotiate this situation with me.

it's black, cracked on the bottom left corner, and the phone's interface is in russian.

please contact me on facebook http://facebook.com/gzimmer9 or text/call my friend's number at 813 732 7447.

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
Lots of fun and thanks for the great tournament! Lots of people, however I wish there was a more dedicated streaming setup so P:M could get recorded as well. Had loads of fun and had my ass handed to me too, and for my first tourney, couldn't ask for anything better!

Xaltis

Smash Hero
This was a great tournament. Not bad for my first time, really liked playing everyone. I gotta work on my Roy but ggs to everyone that I played. :)

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
This was a great tournament. Not bad for my first time, really liked playing everyone. I gotta work on my Roy but ggs to everyone that I played. :)
Haha, good match by the way. It sucks that I only learned later I could DI down out of that chaingrab you were pulling on me, but I was totally out of it as well by the time I played you. GG!

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Haha, good match by the way. It sucks that I only learned later I could DI down out of that chaingrab you were pulling on me, but I was totally out of it as well by the time I played you. GG!
Oh really? I think Jello was doing that to me, either that or I just can't chain grab Ness. I just need to work on getting around projectiles cause they mess me up so bad.

NWRL

Smash Ace
I had a lot of fun, and went 2-2 for my first legit tournament experience. Nice meeting everyone.

DiZZ

Smash Apprentice
Pretty mad that I was going to this tourney then last minute had no ride :( O well You know the next time there will be another tourney in Sfl I really want the scene down here to grow

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Pretty mad that I was going to this tourney then last minute had no ride :( O well You know the next time there will be another tourney in Sfl I really want the scene down here to grow
so that's what happened to you... I was wondering where you were...

I may have gotten knocked out somewhat early in the PM Singles tourney, but at least i played enough friendlies to make up for it... though I suppose it helped that I was apparently the first one there. I definitely will be keeping an eye out for any more tournies in this region. I heard there's a few cities with large scenes, perhaps I can make the suggestion that they host frequent events or something:smirk:

Top Bottom