• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

non sweet-spotted Fair may be useful...

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
I did some testing in Training Mode(where all moves are always fresh of course) at Final Destination against Mario.
Here's what I found:

When fresh, Nair KOes Mario (Level 9's don't DI right?) at 150% from the center of FD.

Non sweet-spotted Fair KOes Mario at 138% from the center of FD.

Those percents would of course be much less off stage, where you would actually want to use Yoshi's Fair.

So basically, my point, is that if you hit with Fair, either way it is likely to KO providing the opponent is at a somewhat high-ish percent.

Comments? Did I make Flaws? Other stuff that needs saying?

Nocher

Smash Rookie
good to know that we can just do the fair and always have a result

Sharky

Smash Master
I like non-sweetspotted fairs. The make for a nice off-stage kill, more guaranteed than a spike. =)

Meta Dude

Smash Rookie
you want fair to spike when you use it off the stage for a quick ko, and you want it to send them up when there's a platform below. i think maybe if you're slightly above someone, fair will spike them down while coming up from below or being even will send them up and away (which is still useful).

Top Bottom