• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Non L cancelable Arials discovery

Oracle

Smash Master
Sorry if this is old, but I believe that I have found out why game and watch cannot l cancel his bair, uair, and nair, while he can l cancel his fair and dair

The bair, uair and nair all have multiple frame animations (for example, bair has four frames- game and watch just taking out the turtle shell, holding the shell with the turtle's head up, the turtles head down, and without the turtle[mind you, this isn't a 1/60 second frame I'm talking about, just the images worked together]) The lag on those moves depends on when you land with them. for example, if you land near the beginning of G&W's up air, you'll see him do both puffs of air on the ground, while if you land near the end, he won't do any. It still has very similar lag time, but it shortens a little if you land near the end of the arial

The fair and dair, however, only consist of two frames, the first of which is so fast that if you land during this frame, the game will read it as if the Arial never came out, and you will have only normal landing lag. Since the majority is one frame, it lets you l cancel out of that frame, but not on the ones with multiple frames.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
It's known...well...A thing that I know is that for the beginning animation of the turtle comes faster than the ending animation. I usually do bair just before landing on the floor so I can combo with it. You can do a late bair and then grab someone right away because the beginning of the move pops up the opponent.
---------
CLASS OF 2009!!! NOW WITH 10 MINUTES WORTH OF EXCELLENT MR.GAME AND WATCH COMBO MATERIAL.

Top Bottom