• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South NOLA Gaming Fest, Jan. 2-3, 2016 $500 Pot Bonus!

NOLA Gaming Fest, Jan. 2-3, 2016 $500 Pot Bonus!
Posted by GOL | 482 | JSalt
Pontchartrain Center
Saturday, January 2, 2016 - 10:00 AM
Until: Sunday, January 3, 2016 - 08:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty

The Independent Gaming League is throwing a large convention style event at the beginning of January and they have asked the LA Smash community to take part in this weekend-long gaming festival!!

So we are going to host a SSBM, a PM, and a Smash 4 (WiiU) tournament!!

Tickets for the convention will be available online at a later date and will be sold at the door. All registration for our various tournaments will be cash only the day of. There will be an ATM on site. Entry fee for each tournament is $5. Please visit igl.gg for more info!

We will be offering a discount if you are interested in providing a tournament official setup for the entire weekend. We also need volunteers to help out running the event! If you are interested in this deal please contact Justin Folse (@GOL | 482 | JSalt) or Ryck Soto (@GuyInGreen) for more information. All setups are greatly needed. Thank you!

Food will be sold at The Pontchartrain Center.

TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE:
ALL GAMES WILL START AND END ON SATURDAY, JANUARY 2ND
Smash 4: 1:00PM
Project M: 3:30PM
Melee: 6:00PM

EACH TOURNAMENT WE HOST WILL HAVE A POT BONUS OF AT LEAST $150! POT BONUSES WILL INCREASE IF WE GENERATE A LARGE AUDIENCE! THE GAME WITH THE MOST ENTRANTS WILL GET AN EXTRA $50 BONUS!

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL! THE MORE PEOPLE WHO RSVP ONLINE AND ATTEND THE EVENT, THE MORE OUR POT BONUSES WILL INCREASE!! THIS IS ONLY THE START!!

Here are the rules for our tournaments!

Super Smash Brothers Melee: $150 Pot Bonus
2/3 Matches
3/5 Finals
8 Min timer
4 Stocks
No Items
Neutral stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick: Pokemon Stadium

Project: M: $150 Pot Bonus
2/3 Matches
3/5 Finals
8 Min timer
4 Stocks
No Items
Neutral stages: Bottom row, center 5 stages of page 1
Counterpicks: Middle row, center 5 stages of page 1
*Stage picks and counter picks are subject to change*

Smash 4 Wii U: $150 Pot Bonus
2/3 Matches
3/5 Finals
6 Min timer
2 Stocks
No items/custom characters/Mii Fighters
Starters: FD, Battlefield (Miiverse), Smashville, Town & City, Dreamland 64
Counterpicks (2 bans): Duck Hunt, Lylat Cruise, Omega stages (treated same as FD when either are banned)

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
To clarify things, we will only have singles tournaments at this event. The entry fee will be $5, you sign up the day of.

Also, we have created a schedule for our events. All Smash tournaments will be taking place only on Saturday, January 2nd.

Start times:
Smash 4: 1:00PM
Project M: 3:30PM
Melee: 6:00PM

Cheeks

Smash Rookie
NNID
will update!
Is Cloud allowed in the tournament? Me and my brothers stay in Gulfport, MS. Its a little bit of a drive but we might go.

Cheeks

Smash Rookie
NNID
will update!
I couldn't go because of family in town for new years weekend but where did DeadPixel see a $30 venue fee? I typed 30 into control+F and nothing was highlighted in the original post. JSalt, venue fees need to be listed in a Tournament post. If i was covering 3 other people that might have gone with me then thats $120 dollars I didnt know to budget before driving roughly an hour or so to get there. Just pointing that out.

Top Bottom