• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nobody Likes Toad: A B discussion

Book of Alex

Smash Rookie
Hey guys!

As a new player, I ask for and receive a lot of feedback at events I attend. I recently heard that using b to carry over momentum is viable in certain matchups. I was under the impression that B was by far Peach's worst move and should almost never be used.

My question is this: Should B ever be used for anything?

RAFA-

Smash Rookie
Oh Yes, Peach's B is like a Counter (for saying like that) . Example: Your opponent will do a Warlock Punch, press B and he will receive the Damage that a normal Warlock Punch will do

Book of Alex

Smash Rookie
I understand what it does, but in what real situation would I ever use it? (Besides if Ganon u tilted or something)

mers

Smash Ace
It basically comes down to whenever you're very confident in what the opponent's next attack is gonna be. The thing is, in that situation there are almost always better responses than the toad hit that gives no chance of a follow-up. However, it can be used during recovery, as you may not have the luxury of your normal response to a telegraphed attack.

Still, its punishable enough that it can never ever be actually relied upon, and can only be used as a mindgame (although that is an overused term).

Shino

Smash Apprentice
I think Peach's B is underrated, but don't rely on it too much, because it is too slow and has poor knockback. The attack can be usefull, like when falco is hanging on the edge and tries to get on the stage with his lazer-grab follow up. I also use toad to counter marth fsmash when I want to get back on the stage.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Oh Yes, Peach's B is like a Counter (for saying like that) . Example: Your opponent will do a Warlock Punch, press B and he will receive the Damage that a normal Warlock Punch will do
yes, toad IS like a counter but it doesn't dish out the same damage as the move your opponent used. if someone jabbed and you toaded it would do more than 2-4% overall. it depends on how many spores hit them.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
More importantly, Toad spores break shields.

Which is massively important since its retaliation is almost instantaneous, and all moves have wind down lag.

It's great for break shields of those people who attack you and shield within ~4 frames of hitting you.

>_<;

I think the only possible way she can take advantage of it is in the ditto, when the other peach FCs on your shield.

How about simply against Upb recoveries, or does peaches other options like Bair on Fox/Falco or Fair work better against telegraphed recoveries? I was thinking like against DK's UpB, but I suppose Fair has longer range and would be better to hit him out of his recovery with.

AlexanderLuong

Smash Rookie
Toad can be either good or bad.
I personally, rarely use it because people usually don't hit me while toad is out. >x<

Top Bottom