• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nobleman Aexington's Smashfest for Gentlemen (GTA Area)

Aexington

Smash Rookie
Date : Unknown

It’s summertime and people seem to be back home from school, decided it’s about time to start organizing some Smash fests within the GTA. As it stands I’m willing to host events at my house (basement) in Oakville, on a continuing basis (weekly, biweekly, monthly, etc) pending a few things such as interest and condition of place after the event.

As it stands I’ve got two feasible TV’s and cubes/wii’s with one game and one memory card, I know that people such as Reggie and Acidile should be bringing setups as well, so we could easily have three or four without anybody else bringing anything (would love to have more). As per usual bring your own controllers, as much as we know sharing is caring it’s also inconvenient.

In terms of food, drinks etc. there’s multiple ways we can do this. The easiest being people bring their own stuff or drive/walk to the plaza (Subway, Sushi, McDonalds, Tim Hortons, Metro, Pizza Pizza etc) which is like a 12 minute walk, 4 minute drive. Or we could all bring money and pool it for something such as pizza. A mixture of both is probably the best solution.

In terms of location I’m rather well placed. Just off a bus route that connects to the Go station and relatively close to the QEW, located at the Neyagawa Blvd and Upper Middle Rd area for a rough idea.

In terms of dates as to when these events will be held on I’m pretty open, I work Monday - Friday 8-5 so weekends are the most logical. I'll leave it up to you to post on which day though.

If you would be interested in attending throw down a message in the thread so I can figure out interest levels. Also later on if we get decent showings, possibly including a small entrance fee and turning it from a fest into a tournament is always a possibility (I'm flexible in terms of directions to take this). Hopefully we can set something like this up relatively soon.

Top Bottom