• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
K.

http://www.post-gazette.com/life/li...ve-influences-of-hip-hop/stories/200806130124

Keep in mind this was in 2008 where society was okay and not in a financial crisis. Now in 2014, oh look everything they wrote was the truth after-all. Now everyone is doing it! Seems the researchers focused only towards the Black now it's even all races. Catastrophic chaos.

Hip hop is Hip hop, it may change in the near future (doubt it) but the damage has ALREADY BEEN DONE. The only way to fix all this would be to go back in time and convince the Whites that African Americans are regular people (slaves). Then and only then will African Americans be well happy and not create Rap aka Hip hop. After-all, Hip hop was created to express emotion which of course is negative towards slaves in general. Thanks.
D00d! hahaha **** like this gonna get you lynched my brother. I know what you're sayin, that if black folks weren't oppressed there wouldn't have been a need for hip hop. But honestly this is false. Hip hop is an art form, it just so happens that teens glommed onto it because it was a great way to piss off their parents. It's just normal rebellion. 50s rock was the same, derived from blues which is much more attached to slavery era music

Chinaux

Smash Ace
After-all, Hip hop was created to express emotion which of course is negative towards slaves in general. Thanks.
M8 U WOT

I don't really if you're trolling now or what but your view on this is really peculiar in a way that is a bit closed-minded. You kind of are refusing to accept that you're not entirely correct with your opinion/argument.

If you can say that music about violence will cause violence, then the same can be applied to movies and video games. So youre basically saying me playing smash bros is gonna make me kill people. There also have been studies disproving a correlation between violent events and violent video games.

Last edited:

Chinaux

Smash Ace
sorry officer i was listening to rap music and it made me kill that guy

tm730

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-1256-0282
Is this piece a tirade against the bull****tery of mainstream radio?

I guess Ice-Cube and OP are on the same page, then.
difference is Ice Cube isnt denouncing hip hop as a whole like ChangeofHeart is

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I already gave you your answer. "Ignorance is bliss" I'm done wasting my time. Good luck with that thing I'm therefore done with this thread. And no you didn't win I still know my ways are more than correct and your idiocy will just furthermore destroy what's left of our somewhat functioning society. Anyhow, your reasoning made me loose braincells. Need to stop before I forgot how to speak/write English. Thanks.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Warning Received
I already gave you your answer. "Ignorance is bliss" I'm done wasting my time. Good luck with that thing I'm therefore done with this thread. And no you didn't win I still know my ways are more than correct and your idiocy will just furthermore destroy what's left of our somewhat functioning society. Anyhow, your reasoning made me loose braincells. Need to stop before I forgot how to speak/write English. Thanks.
You're cancer.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Each your answers will be different, please be respectful (including me) to only and ONLY DEBATE.
If you want proof, then it's simple, look around and I mean look around wherever you go, look at the people and the way they act. You will get confused at first, but I'm sure you'll get it in the end... You are all sick in the mind, brainwashed into oblivion, hopefully when you're all fifty and such you'll remember what I wrote and I will be right because I've been in more than one shoe. Respect? You honestly think I care about respect? I'd rather be disrespected than respected to speak out truth... I think this is good enough atm. And I wait towards what people will type, I wonder if I lost their 'respect' or if I'm a 'troll'. You honestly don't know me by a whole year but I sure know many of you.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Can we do something bout this new phase of DH OP douchebaggery. Where it's pretty blatantly obvious that the OP is feigning an interest in discourse in order to just waste other people's time to providing candid responses.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Are you autistic? Jesus christ man.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
English is not ChangeOfHeart's first language. He runs into trouble in many threads b/c of his choice of words, which many people take the wrong way (not their fault, but I can't blame him either). It's kinda like Alien Vision err... heh. You know who I mean *cough* HHS *cough* They don't always speak clearly. If you wade through it, and ignore the oversights, you can generally extract the true meaning of what's being said. With CoH, it's more of a language barrier, with HHS it's more of a suspension of defense mechanisms that you'd normally employ especially on an internet forum (so sentences like "I know more than you because I'm a true Genius and you're not) just let that roll off your back, because REALLY he's just using the word Genius to describe the unique level of understanding that he feels he's reached, and that he hopes to elevate others to, it's not meant to be read as "I graduated high school at 6, and you're all ******** in comparison."

But then again I could just be too forgiving. I had a change of heart, ha!, when I PMd someone called Insane Carzy Guy and went off him because his posts made my eyes bleed. After a while I got to know him, and before you knew it, we were friends. Now I miss him *sniffle* even though his posts would still make my eyes bleed (he speaks in broken syntax).

But anyway, I'm not defending CoH's position, I personally believe that denying the value of any art form right out is a crime. I also believe that so-called hip-hop culture is really just another means to an end, that end being the expression of teen youth. Had this topic been made in the 50's or 60's we could very well be discussing a chapter from The Outsiders, or Grease. Teens have always focused on being unique, being different, being independent, that's just the nature of being adolescent... breaking away from the nest, and the harder parents try to keep that from happening, the harder teens fight back. Hip-hop is "cool" to many because it glorifies so many things that parents despise or fear: sex, drugs, violence, etc. The problem with CoH's attitude is that it's that of a parent, and yet he's young. Now granted the violence that is glorified in a lot of rap, did claim the life of his brother. He's stated that many of his family are in gangs, or involved in that "element." And so naturally he wishes to push that part of his life as far under the rug as he can, and denounce it here, publicly.

Ask yourself, if a family member of yours was capped, would you still listen to rap? I don't really listen to rap so I can't answer... but I imagine I would, actually. I see no correlation because I understand the disconnect between music, culture and actual violent crime. But in the end it's to each their own. CoH has decided that rap is evil, and for personal reasons. We've no right to tell him he's wrong, just as he's no right to tell us we're wrong.

I'd recommend this thread be locked.

Kashology

Smash Cadet
But in the end it's to each their own. CoH has decided that rap is evil, and for personal reasons. We've no right to tell him he's wrong, just as he's no right to tell us we're wrong.
...A lot of the replies here dispute his so-called "factual" claims about Rap music. His reasoning for hating Rap Music is simply wrong, because it's simply untrue, this has been proven already. You are being too forgiving here, he's clearly not here to discuss things properly as he claims, so he's either a troll, or simply a stubborn person refusing to acknowledge anything. There are so many thing wrong with his posts here that I highly doubt you can just chalk it up to a language barrier. In fact, I'd say it would be a bit naive to assume so.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
You're cancer.
c'mon now
Ask yourself, if a family member of yours was capped, would you still listen to rap? I don't really listen to rap so I can't answer... but I imagine I would, actually. I see no correlation because I understand the disconnect between music, culture and actual violent crime. But in the end it's to each their own. CoH has decided that rap is evil, and for personal reasons. We've no right to tell him he's wrong, just as he's no right to tell us we're wrong.

I'd recommend this thread be locked.
A family member of mine was capped. Her boyfriend refused to take off his blue bandana when directed by a red to do so. He shot them both. This had absolutely nothing to do with rap music. Gang violence, yes. Rap music, no. Making a connection like that is of the slipperiest of slopes. I very much understand how CoH could make such a connection/generalization, and I think some of the reactions to his posts have been a bit over the top, but that doesn't change the fact that he is wrong. Your assertion that one does not have the right to claim so is an epic cop-out to debate.

It is clear that this thread can't be handled in an appropriate manner though. If only Sucumbio the Red had not died fighting that dammed Balrog.

@DtJ Hilt

Last edited:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm not surprised this would happen.
Why should you be? The thread's heavily biased and insulting of both people's likes and intelligence. It's the same argument that video games cause violence, but with a racial flavour.

To everyone else: Use the report button next time, please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom