• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"No Swagger Like Us" - a Pit tournament results thread(updated 1/24/12)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
nice goin luckay.

new project for us here in the tourney thread,

we all seriously have to get however much patience and improvement it takes to start placing top 10 at every tourney we go too. im so sick and ****ing tired of people underestimating and under rating our character since we the players don't ever get top 10 outside of koolaid, earth, kiraflax, and esca. seriously guys please ask your local pros to start giving you advice and work only what they tell you until it becomes second nature, then get more help when you've overcome those weaknesses.

seriously, and i know i need to do this too, we have to start putting in 100% effort to place and win because we are going to always be viewed as a joke until we start proving ourselves. im completely unsatisfied with myself as a player since i just can't learn the pikachu match up and have terrible dodge habits anymore again (soon as i stop playing i get worse, i only did better at HOM2 because i'd been practicing for days) so im working on my dodge habits and learning how to space.

by the ****ing way, how do you keep a good position with pit spacing wise? because the way im trying just isn't working. i guess either playing marth corrupted me or i just don't get the concept at all but isn't spacing when you always try to hit with the tip of your attack to keep the opponent away from you? or is that seriously just for marth and i don't know how to space with my own main nor get the concept at all?

edit:
im posting that in the QA thread too so answer there or here, ill check both

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
masashi has been hella inactive anymore. go read the qa thread tho, too pissed to take your good natured critiscism and say something funny or whatevs i usually do

Esca

Smash Champion
by the ****ing way, how do you keep a good position with pit spacing wise? because the way im trying just isn't working. i guess either playing marth corrupted me or i just don't get the concept at all but isn't spacing when you always try to hit with the tip of your attack to keep the opponent away from you? or is that seriously just for marth and i don't know how to space with my own main nor get the concept at all?
Dude we are gonna chill this week. Thursday! I'll text you my phone's been off.

Also, I know what your spacing problem is. I'll teach you how I learned in person.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
cool man! i so need the spacing training. also hey would wednesday be good at all because chances are ill have work at chili's around 5 pm on thursday but like i said ill see how that goes. but i literally have all wednesday so mayb i could head up there wednesday evening and then leave around 2:30-3:00 on thursday if you aren't available during the day wednesday. unless you wanna come down here which would be fine because you could stay the night here thursday (assuming you couldn't come wednesday or watever goes down) so we could keep chillin after i got off work and i'd get my **** done early so it'd only be from like 5:00-9:00 where you would be mayb hanging out at the bar or hell using my wifi to brawl.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Top 10 varies in success with amount of entrants :p hate to rain on that parade. But it's actually a legit placement. Just make sure to not SD and lose confidence because of it next time PTZR :)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
4th out of 16 is like 10~14 out of 64. Not top 10, but still, you came close to placing in money. You're not doing bad, just do what Kuro says.

I really should have placed 2nd or 1st in BitH, but it was my first time taking on certain matchups in bracket with Pit like :kirby:,:sheik:, and a GOOD :metaknight:.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
4th out of 16 is like 10~14 out of 64. Not top 10, but still, you came close to placing in money. You're not doing bad, just do what Kuro says.

I really should have placed 2nd or 1st in BitH, but it was my first time taking on certain matchups in bracket with Pit like :kirby:,:sheik:, and a GOOD :metaknight:.
If you want sheik advice just ask me sometime and i'll arrange to meet with scarylb59. 1st or second best shiek :) i've already played some games with him b4 so i know some stuff

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
good show brother! hey snopy you always throw out some random higher placing at europian tourneys, howcome you like never join our discussions? we would love your input on stuff bro

Snopy

Smash Apprentice
Thank you. <:
Maharba to be honest I'm just really lazy. Also the Europe Metagame is somehow really different from the US's imo. But if you want to know anything about the current European Brawl scene just ask.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Thank you. <:
Maharba to be honest I'm just really lazy. Also the Europe Metagame is somehow really different from the US's imo. But if you want to know anything about the current European Brawl scene just ask.
Who did you beat? & lose to? What characters did they use?

Where do you think you rank as a player?

Oh, and: "Proverbs 14:23"(NIV)
All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Snopy

Smash Apprentice
Who did you beat? & lose to? What characters did they use?

Where do you think you rank as a player?

Oh, and: "Proverbs 14:23"(NIV)
All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.
I beat everyone in my pool except for Staco (MK, Top5 player of Europe). In bracket I beat l!nk (ICs), Kyo (Marth) and Yikarur (Yoshi) and lost to Semifer (Wolf) and reaper (he mains Peach but I beat her before, thats why he always cp's MK on me :glare:)

I don't know where I rank, right now I place 17.th at every international. lol
I'm going to a small tourney in few weeks so this may change soon. Atleast I hope so.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305200
50 % :wario: / 50 % :pit:
17th Out of 63 Entrants.

My Pool:

Krystedez :wario:/:pit:
links :toonlink: (used Pit) (won)
lain :metaknight: (used Wario) (lost)
Player 1 (not Diddy kong player-1) :marth:(used Pit) (won)
Sneakytako :rob: (used Wario) (won)
Riddler :random: (used Pit) (won)
Izumi :toolink:/:metaknight: (used Pit) (won)
Forward-Air:yoshi2: (used Pit) (won)
Sombra:diddy: (used Pit and Wario I think) (won)

My Bracket:

First round:
Clel :metaknight: (used Wario) (won)
Second round:
M2K :metaknight::metaknight::metaknight: (used Wario) (lost)
Next round in losers:
Fizzle :dedede:/:metaknight: (used Pit v Dedede, then Wario v MK, then Wario again v Dedede)

Pathetic. I lost to M2K 2nd round and Fizzle right after that in losers. He used Dedede first round, I went Pit, but I choked hard, had no warmups with Pit, and fell apart when I realized I was being so scared of being hit/CG'd. I was playing the MU as if I was Wario or something, toooooo defensive.. Ended up costing me the match, as I went Wario second game on him on Brinstar with his MK (was too easy)... and then he went Dedede again on PS1 and I went Wario.. DAMN IT. I shoulda went Pit again! Or at least struck PS1! because then he chain-grabbed me against the wall even though my !@#$ing tire hit him in the face... (sigh)...

Oh well. I went Pit and Wario in Pools to speed things up (Pit every other match so like 50 percent Wario, 50 percent Pit). I lost to Lain's MK (o_o...) on Brinstar and then Delfino, what a bad CP of mine... This made me get second seed, giving me that !@#$ty bracket.

So yea. Til next time. Hopefully I won't get freakin' M2K second round. My Wario couldnt put a dent in him Sunday. I think I do better at one-day tournament events, quite honestly.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Oh just a side note, I MM'd Cheese with both of my characters. Used Pit first and then Wario, both 2/3 matches for 5 bucks.

Needless to say, I got my singles entrance back (10 dollahs, woot woot) XP Pit v IC's is actually much easier to play defensive in compared to Dedede, because I don't have to worry about killing. Just focus on gettin' dat d'ere NANA and you're set!

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
He was trapped right after he lost game 1. Game 3 he had to say who he was going first so if he chose pit the guy would go mk and if he chose wario the guy would choose ddd.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
He was trapped right after he lost game 1. Game 3 he had to say who he was going first so if he chose pit the guy would go mk and if he chose wario the guy would choose ddd.
*nods, folding arms*...basically. mmhm.

I would have done myself a favor by just going wario first game and gaying it up with air-camping and poking/nudging like I was with Pit game 1. Pit is SUPPOSED to play aggressive in the dedede matchup I think, I don't know why I was so scared, I think it's because out of the two times I've been knocked out of bracket by Fizzle I've been scarred for life because he gets really lucky. One time he broke my shield on Smashville and I fell off the floating platform right in front of him for a full power fsmash, nothing I could do! And then got timed out on PS1 game 3.

If I don't win game 1 against a Dedede, it's over. (or maybe next time I'll just pick Metaknight like Atomsk says, in order to enjoy the game and not have my hopes crushed by one damn character) :dedede:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Only those who enjoy mk should use mk. Like actually find fun. Don't just use him cuz he's mk. Cuz then you'll be mad you didn't master it if he gets banned :troll:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
that's where you messed up krys. don't play aggressive against DDD the whole time. you go aggressive with nairs grabs jabs and AR when he is just at about half of SV away. until then, you arrow the **** out of him and don't forget that when you are planking and need to get up, auto cancel nair off the ledge still ****s his shield in the ***.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I dont get it mahar, I played super defensive against dedede with my Pit ( I was dropping a lot of punishes but still ) and lost. I couldn't kill him until 179 and 180 on both stocks I took from him, whereas he gets a revenge kill at like 110...

I have to practice this matchup and my character before I run in wildly against a well-ran Dedede like Fizzle's.

Until then, I'll learn the Dedede MK matchup as a backup, providing I used Pit the first round. I'm NOT going Wario against Dedede unless it's on Brinstar or somewhere else except FD and Ps1. Not worth it.

(and FYI, I like using MK for fun, not for super serial bracket matches, because he doesn't need rep and he isn't fun to play at a high level. If Dedede v MK turns out to be so broken and easy as !@#$ MU, along with being fun then I will play it. I wouldn't have a pocket MK for some random people. MIGHT try against M2K if I can't get good enough before next time, but like I said 2 day events drain me methinks, this was my first one)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I never said either character is bad against D3 (Wario is argueable, but not incredibly bad), I'm just tired of this curse. Yes, I'm bad against dedede. least Im not bad against IC's :3

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I dont get it mahar, I played super defensive against dedede with my Pit ( I was dropping a lot of punishes but still ) and lost. I couldn't kill him until 179 and 180 on both stocks I took from him, whereas he gets a revenge kill at like 110...

I have to practice this matchup and my character before I run in wildly against a well-ran Dedede like Fizzle's.

Until then, I'll learn the Dedede MK matchup as a backup, providing I used Pit the first round. I'm NOT going Wario against Dedede unless it's on Brinstar or somewhere else except FD and Ps1. Not worth it.

(and FYI, I like using MK for fun, not for super serial bracket matches, because he doesn't need rep and he isn't fun to play at a high level. If Dedede v MK turns out to be so broken and easy as !@#$ MU, along with being fun then I will play it. I wouldn't have a pocket MK for some random people. MIGHT try against M2K if I can't get good enough before next time, but like I said 2 day events drain me methinks, this was my first one)
Krys, just use Pit vs DDD, and watch Masashi vs 9b and other DDDs. He pretty much does the matchup really well, and also Earth vs Coney. Check those out, and let me know what you think!

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I've watched the M v 9B videos. I'll watch Earth v Coney if I can today.

Sorry for sounding so down and out, I was pretty depressed and disappointed in myself. I think I just have some kind of stigma from Dedede in general. IF I had stayed Pit third round I think I would have had a lot more fun and might have even won by learning from my mistakes 1st round.. :)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ya pit vs ddd is not hard at all though his SD is gay as FUUUUUUUUU :laugh: and watch out for the FF AD utilt. It's so obvious but it works if ur not careful when juggling XD. Since the utilt has short invinci frames iirc.

:fox: vs :dedede: is super fun~ :)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12882643#post12882643

it's official. im garbage and im either picking up mk and only using pit against certain MUs, or im dropping brawl. it's a waste of my money and time to lose all my MMs and lose the tourney and the fact is i am not getting any better. at some point all the matches i have recorded of me will be posted by numerous people, and you will see them and realize that no matter how much critique i get/have gotten or watever, i haven't gotten and am not getting better at brawl.

so like i said, if anything ill pick up MK as a second or new main, but there is a solid chance that im done with competitive brawl. smashfests are free and cost no money, and i don't have to give a **** about anything win/loss wise.

Top Bottom