• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

no spikes in SSBB?

Sensai

Smash Master
Trucido, it's (argueably) already like that. The more percent you have, the faster you gown down from a meteor.

So, jeah. The more percent you have, the more likely you are to die.

Scar

#HarveyDent
The more percent you have, the faster you gown down from a meteor.
Yeah, I know, but you can cancel meteors and still not die up until ridiculously high %s, whereas spikes will kill at ridiculously low %s.

So finding the middle ground = good.

Sensai

Smash Master
Jeah, I agree. Dunno what I was exactly getting at with the earlier post.

Middle ground is the best ground.

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol. So then we agree.

I think spikes should be cancellable, honestly. I agree with whatever someone said earlier -- it sucks to be doomed to lose a stock.

Even ridiculously powerful moves can be survivable at higher %s with great DI. Spikes on the other hand, gg see you next time.

Sensai

Smash Master
Actually, I don't think that all spikes should be canceable (is that a word?). But, I definitely think that they should be difficult to pull off.

Ganon's Down B is a perfect example of a diffcult spike to pull off that should be kept in the game.

Scar

#HarveyDent
True, defninitely my favorite spike in the game right there.

And for your question, a philosophical answer.

No, canceable isn't a word, but cancellable, however, is. Depending on your definition of word.

If you define "words" as combinations of syllables that convey meaning, then yes, cancellable is interpreted when heard almost universally as "able to be cancelled."

However, Webster might not have gotten around to it. So maybe technically it isn't a word, but on a much more meaningful level it is.

Thank you for your time.

Oh, later.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
They need to keep spikes in the game I mean I do understand how you feel recovering with Samus just to have your dreams crushed by Falco sitting at the edge, but spikes are an amazing part of the game plus it's easier(and funnier) to yell SPIKED!!!!!!!!! then it is to yell METEOR SMASHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Are you freakin drunk?!?!?!?! Nothing is more satisfying than Ganon's meteor smash right to death.
dude why stop there...Wizard's Foot (Down B) wreck all the faces with a less then 50% chance of making it back to the level

i_eat_fried_worms

Smash Cadet
lol. So then we agree.

I think spikes should be cancellable, honestly. I agree with whatever someone said earlier -- it sucks to be doomed to lose a stock.

Even ridiculously powerful moves can be survivable at higher %s with great DI. Spikes on the other hand, gg see you next time.
but what would be the difference then? meteors earn points in 1-player?

Actually, I don't think that all spikes should be canceable (is that a word?). But, I definitely think that they should be difficult to pull off.

Ganon's Down B is a perfect example of a diffcult spike to pull off that should be kept in the game.
yeah...if it couldn't be cancelled, at least it would be hard to do.

Top Bottom