• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No one to Main!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epsilon-Zero

Smash Rookie
Ive been trying Pretty hard to find a character I really want to main, sure there are lots of Variety, but nothing seems to be right for me!:(
I do have a few characters i like using, but I dont really know who exactly i should main atm... In Melee i would main Captain Falcon, Link, and Roy, That was easy to pick. But in Brawl it seems to be a WHOLE different story..

So, is there any advice you guys could give me on chosing a Proper main?:)

Genghis Krahn

Smash Cadet
In Melee i would main Captain Falcon, Link, and Roy, That was easy to pick. But in Brawl it seems to be a WHOLE different story..
Yeah, I agree. It was easier to choose your main characters in Melee. I found I pretty much stuck with the characters I used in SSB64.

The new character additions to Melee were cool. But not many of them seemed that interesting. Mewtwo was cool and I used him, but wasn't that great with him. Bowser was cool. But he wasn't my style, so I wasn't any good with him at the time. So I pretty much just used the same characters I always did.

But with Brawl, they added so many characters I really liked, so it made it harder. The new Kirby characters (Meta Knight, Dedede) are really sweet. And the addition of the Pokemon Trainer was amazing, so he is now one of my main characters. If you like him at all, I would recommend the Pokemon Trainer, because he takes a bit longer to master because he is basically three characters. Keeps things interesting, and you don't get sick of using him as quickly.

But really, just play with everyone. I've been choosing 'Random' a lot lately. Just to get to know characters I didn't really give a chance early on.

GraveNeedle

Smash Cadet
New York. I really need to train. ;_; AIM: Toonika
As Genghis Krahn said, the important thing is to give every character a good try, starting with your favorite ones. You might be surprised at some of the characters.

You said that you liked playing as Diddy, right? Well, so what if you're not super-1337 with him? That comes in time. If you really enjoy using him, just play as him, and eventually, you will also become super-1337. If it turns out that he just isn't your type (that's happened to me alot...), just go to another one.

Generic advice, but admittedly, we all need to be reminded of it sometimes.

SHined BLind

Smash Apprentice
Don't let other people choose for you!! Figure it out yourself. First learn how YOU play. Do you prefer speed or power? projectiling, or none? etc... Then figure out which character works well for you.

Alou

Smash Cadet
Write a list of your top 5 characters you enjoy playing with. Go with one of them. No one is perfect when they start out, so who cares how good you are. If you like them thats all that should matter really.

Genghis Krahn

Smash Cadet
All you've got to do is do Break the Targets on every difficulty with everyone, boss battles with everyone, and beat SSE, and you should know which characters you like to pick the best.
Yeah, there's actually some truth to this.

I recommend going through Classic, and All-Star, all the 1P modes, that way you're unlocking all the trophies, and actually accomplishing something, but you're getting to know all the characters.

Yet, at the same time, playing with everyone makes it hard for me to choose, because I start realize there are a lot of cool characters I just never really played, haha.

I'm starting to think mains are over-rated. haha.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Nobody can tell you who your main should be. That power lies within you alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom