• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No more JP version?!!!

mitsukeru

Smash Rookie
Okay so Melee featured an option where you can select which language you want the game in. Japanese or English.
However, on Brawl I can't seem to find it anywhere. Is it unlockable or something?? Please don't tell me they removed it.
Reason behind this is simple, the English voices suck.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Fox sounds pretty cool. Like on Lylat Wars, but yeah, Ike & Pit sound weird.

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
I don't think so. I checked in Options and there was no "language select" anywhere to be seen. Not that bad to me because I personally don't mind the English voices.

Bottom line: Probably not.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
There's no Japanese option. It's not even possible to "action replay" it since the JP files were removed from the disc. The funny thing is... they would have fit without a problem. They purposely chose not to include them.
When I'm done with the projects at hand (trying to remove slipping) and completing the Collections grid, I'll try to put the JPN voice back in the English game (you would need a modded wii to play it though)

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
When I'm done with the projects at hand (trying to remove slipping) and completing the Collections grid, I'll try to put the JPN voice back in the English game (you would need a modded wii to play it though)
There's no words to describe how cool that would be if it was possible. Especially if you could change some and keep the rest how they are. Me adores David Hayter but dislikes almost all other changes in terms of voice acting (haven't player the actual game yet but those youtube videos are enough to confirm this).

Top Bottom