• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No more Disable knockback Threads please

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
the ONLY reason nintendo made a knockback for disable is so that the move doesnt loop with itself into an infinate.

if there wasnt a knockback, mewtwo could disable again and again and hold its opponent into a never ending stall.
so really, the knockback isnt some mysterious move with undiscovered purposes.
in conjunction to preventing never ending stalls, nintendo gave it properties that make it as useless as possible.

---
it has a set knockback range, with a mediocre cruddy projection. the projection is short enough so that you cant make kills with it, and its far enough so that you cant combo out of it.
---
it does exactly 1 damage and it is meant to discourage uses of it.
---

though disable also does knockbacks against a tumbling enemy, you might as well use Uair, which has faster frames, more knockback, and more damage.
regarding rolling targets, you might as well use ftilt, which also has faster frames, more knockback, and more damage.

it is understood that as mewtwo players, we are quite desperate in terms of fully exploiting mewtwo's capabilities... mewtwo MAY still have a few potentials to uncover, but i asure you, the knockback of disable is not one of them.

thx for reading

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Disable knockback isn't set. (there's a miniscule difference between 0%+ as you go on. I know it can kill at 999% at least)

All the other points are valid.

quak

Smash Champion
yeah, but it looks so cool!

btw, i am now an official user of confusion, although i still think it's a terrible attack.

:grin:

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
yeah, im aware that the disable knockback does fluctuate slightly at high damages and i simplified it.
eitherway, at relevate percentages (0-200) , the knockback is more or less the same. It is the same, in the sense, that it still doesnt make kills, and you still cant combo out of it.

thx for reading =]

quak

Smash Champion
hey maybe we can make this thread the "READ BEFORE POSTING NEW THREADS THREAD" and see if we can get it stickied.

Threads to NOT post

disable threads
nair threads that involve draging ur opponent to their death
confusion threads (combat, recovery, reflector uses have all been discussed to death)
Mewtwo's "chaingrab"

and maybe links to useful info threads so that way we don't have 5 billion of the same thread...

those are the ones on the top of my head. im sure i'll come up with more later though

EDIT: nevermind, im doin it, HOORAY INSOMNIA!

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
We could call it "Please don't do these threads! Already been thought of!"

technomancer

Smash Champion
wait wait

if you disable twice it knocks them back?

is there any use for this??????

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
LMAO. I use Disable knockback for early, gimpy KOs. Dtilt > Disable > Edgeguard. ^_^

It works. Sometimes.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Exactly. It doesn't need another thread anymore, I even did a Disable guide that got lost. >.< D tilt doesn't even need to go to Disable.

Top Bottom