• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Johns Biweeklies Brawl edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Ok first off ... we need tv's and set ups ... the venue i believe only has 2 tv's and a wii i think and i haven't checked them personally for lag or anything.

We really need tv's and set ups ... i am going to talk to the manager about taking off $2 for venue fee if u bring a tv and set up... but for now we just need TV's and set ups

WHERE:

Toy Wiz
253 West Rt.59
Nanuet, NY 10954

845-624-2224

DATE:

THE FIRST ONE WILL BE ON April 4th... THEN EVERY TWO WEEKS AFTER THAT ^_^

TIME:

BE THERE AT 12:30pm TOURNEY STARTS AT 1:30PM SHARP

ENTRANCE FEES AND VENUE FEES:

Ok so i basically want people to keep showing up and have fun ^_^

VENUE FEE: $10 .... if u bring a full set up i'll take off $2 from the venue fee =)

DOUBLES: $5 PER PERSON

SINGLES: $10

CREWS: $10 per crew

RULES & REGULATION

Please arrive on time. If you are late, I cannot guarantee you a spot in whatever tourney you are late for!

* There are no refunds.
* Whether you are in a tourney or not, if you are in the venue you must pay the venue fee.
* Again, badges will be given to everyone who pays the venue fee, and will be checked every time you enter and leave the venue. (I'm sorry about being strict on this, but I need to make sure I collect all venue fees to pay for the venue)
* If your wristband snaps/breaks/rips you can be issued a new one, we will have a backup list of everyone who has paid the venue fee.
* DO NOT LOAD YOUR GAME THROUGH THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL!!! If you are caught loading your game through the Homebrew channel without asking, you will be asked to leave. If you would like unlimited length replays enabled, I will use my own personal SD card to load the game (sorry I can't trust anyone without knowledge of what codes they have on).
* Trash talking is allowed, and is encouraged! We love the hype! However, please do not distract the players too much at their discretion. Respect their right to focus on a match.
* You are able to coach a player ONLY before and AFTER a match. It is annoying to tell them how to beat someone while they are in the match and is very unfair to the other player. If I see coaching you WILL be DQ'd!
* Any destruction of anyone's property at the venue will not be tolerated, and in the case of such an event, you will be asked to leave.
* No drugs, alcohol, or any crap like that in there. If you have any, you will be kicked out.
* You may not be a commentator on the live stream without first having consent by myself, or any other approved tourney helper there. If you are commentating on the live stream, please act professional. Focus more on the match at hand instead of giving people tons of shutouts in the chat. No cursing at all. Keep it lively and fun though, but it will be monitored for possible business relation opportunities with the ECRC2.
* Other standard rules apply, don't be stupid, lets all have a hella good time.

Singles

* 3 Stock
* 8 Minute Time Limit
* No Items
* No stalling or running away to purposely run out the time limit (running out minimal time is one thing, multiple minutes is just ridiculous)
* If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You cannot quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.
* First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that cannot be used in counterpicks.
* Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.
* You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral Stages: - Each player can alternately strike a stage until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Smashville
* Lylat
* Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpick Stages:

* Delfino Plaza
* Castle Siege
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium(Melee)

1. Standing Infinites are BANNED only when used to stall.
2. If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it ( if you guys cannot do this I will flip a coin)
3. Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
4. If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
5. If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.

Doubles

Same standard rules and stages as singles.

Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), they are allowed to request control of a certain color to help lessen confusion.

* Stock sharing is allowed.
* Team Attack is on.

Crews

* Each crew will have 20 stocks.
* Each crew must be composed of 4 or 5 players.
* In a 4 player crew, each player has 5 stocks. In a 5 player crew, each player has 4 stocks.
* Neutral Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville
* Counterpick Stages: Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Pokemon Stadium, Delfino Plaza, Brinstar, Battleship Halberd, Frigate Orpheon
* At the beginning of the crew battle, each crew will select their starting player without knowledge of the other crew's starter. The first match will be on a random neutral stage.
* At the start of every match, each player must suicide down to the amount of stocks they are supposed to have. If neither player needs to suicide at the beginning, they may start right away without waiting.
* When a match is over, the winner stays and carries their stocks over to the next game. The loosing team chooses their next player and they have a choice of a random neutral stage, or a counterpick. If a counterpick stage is chosen, the defending player may change their character. If a random neutral is chosen, they may not switch their character.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
lol wrong section. Nice try, though.

No forum johns.

Alukard

Smash Hero
wow ... that is actually my first time messing up like that lmfaooo

close this please

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
lol

Stuff like this happens once in a while xD
And it always makes me think I entered the wrong section

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Lol, people are making threads in the wrong section today.
Inb4lock.

If you may Glyph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom