• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No guide on Rob Combos and Strings?

deadbrook

Smash Rookie
I have a issue with starting combos and strings and there arent much guides out there. I do my normal down throw u air, but then I also do down tilt, grab, back throw and forward air, but I need more. Any help?

Lizard_Buttock

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1925-1807
ROB isn't that focused on combos, so you don't really need a guide for it because there's only 1 completely confirmed one we know of (d-throw u-air). Gyro can technically follow up into anything since it's a thrown projectile, and if you discover more, we'd be glad if you told us about them, but as of now, I don't really see the need for it.

Breadbot

Smash Cadet
Now now bots, there's quite a few combos you can do with ROB, none of these are for sure, but it's stuff I've landed before and usually often

First of all, dtilt baby
dtilt leads to alot of follow ups at low %s with it's low kb and tripping potential
options include:
grab (best one if they shield the dtilt)
dash
fair
nair
fsmash
gyro (this one is best at higher %s)
and at low %s this can lead to some more crazy stuff
my personal fave is dtilt-dash-utilt-uair

speaking of utilt
utilt leads to uair obviously
BUT!
You know that sourspot on the move? the part that barely knocks them anywhere?
if you hit that you can INSTANTLY usmash for free!
Hard to do, but it can happen

ftilt is one of those more...er...useless moves per say, not much you can do with it afterwards, BUT if they miss the tech at higher %s, it's an almost for sure usmash after they hit the ground

jab 1 is able to combo into dtilt, dash, ftilt, and even grabs at higher %s when the hitstun is higher

At lower %s dash can be used to utilt to uair also

now how about those aerials!
nair has a few options too!
at low-mid %s a nair can combo into fair and uair if you follow them after you hit them
You can also instantly go to the ground and utilt them or grab them which gives you a uair if you so please, this metohd gets damage pretty easy

fair can chain into more fairs, nairs, and can lead to more options if you fast fall it such as dtilt and dash

uair and bair sadly are a bit slow and you cant do much afterwords with them sadly :(

Gyro hits can combo into smashes and bairs
small Laser up close can pop them into the air for usmash

with throws, your back and forward throws can lead to lasers for sniping
also, a fun mixup is dthrow-bair, if yore opponent airdodges it expecting a uair they'll land RIGHT in the sweetspot of the bair, for best results use near ledge, you may score a crazy early kill

There's tons more I didnt mention, you gotta get creative out there
but one of my fave things I sometimes land is:
ff fair-dtilt-dash-utilt-(additional utilt if they dont go high enough)-uair

Good luck out there Robbies ([OoO]7

(if anyone wants to correct me feel free, I can edit this)

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
One of my favorite things to do at the beginning of a stock is to combo nair into dash grab, dthrow, up air. A nice mix up after the up air if you wanna get aggressive is to up b after the up air and chase them with aerials or cancel the up b at some point to then double jump at them. That right there can really put some pressure on certain characters with poor escape options.

Last edited:

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
ROB isn't that focused on combos, so you don't really need a guide for it because there's only 1 completely confirmed one we know of (d-throw u-air). Gyro can technically follow up into anything since it's a thrown projectile, and if you discover more, we'd be glad if you told us about them, but as of now, I don't really see the need for it.
ROB has several combos my friend.
I plan on making a ROB guide video ASAP.

I have a issue with starting combos and strings and there arent much guides out there. I do my normal down throw u air, but then I also do down tilt, grab, back throw and forward air, but I need more. Any help?
Refer to this for now. The one thing that needs refined is gyro combos. I know a ton of them now and will share them in a collected way as soon as possible. Video incoming.

Last edited:
Top Bottom