• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No GC controller support on Wii's... now in America and Australia!

Destiny Warrior

Smash Apprentice
This is where keyboard shines, you can define your controls however you want :D

But seriously though, from what I can see of the Classic Controller in Brawl's control config, it *looks* like it might not be too bad....why does it get so much hate?

Ghostbone

Smash Master

But seriously though, from what I can see of the Classic Controller in Brawl's control config, it *looks* like it might not be too bad....why does it get so much hate?
Mainly because it's wireless, so interference problems and what not.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
This comes as not much of a surprise, as it does indeed seem Nintendo is trying to shift towards the Wii U and what not. That said, the vast majority of Smashers should have a Wii by now and not even care about this news. What we should care about is the Wii U and Smash 4, and how we'll be able to play it. Assuming they don't make a wireless GC controller for the Wii U, we may have to go with the Classic controller. I hear some people actually play well with it (Vermanubis is a good example of this). That, or perhaps the gameplay might be too different and require a different control scheme to play with, though this seems a bit unlikely to me.
I'm still suprised by the amount of people shocked by this though. i mean, you don't need to be a scholar to know that Nintendo doesn't use the same contoller 3 times in a row. It's not like it's playstation or anything.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Because at any tournament it is guaranteed to get interference if that's all everybody is using.

Given that there are so many used Wiis, we're likely to have fresh Wiis for at least another decade or two though.

Given Nintendo's crappy wireless controller interface, someone seriously needs to make a Gamecube controller that works on the Wii (and Wii U) that plugs into a USB port. :ugh: That or Smash Bros. Wii U doesn't have a CHANCE at being competitive. That is assuming Nintendo's wireless interface still sucks, and refuses to become good like Sony's and Microsoft's (with their wireless controllers that you can charge via a wire).

Top Bottom