• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Firebird in combos?

Zeron

Smash Apprentice
Is the Firebird any good of a finishing move? I'm thinking it's discouraged to use it for anything other than recovery or edgeguarding, but that match between Dav3 and Wes is starting to make me think otherwise.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
bombsoldier combos w/ it, and he's pretty good at comboing. I'm not saying "OMFG Bombsoldier11111". Don't get all angry at me about bringing him up, but he's used the firebird in some combos.

DoctaMalik

Smash Rookie
well the thing thats different with falcos firebird is that the more damage they have the more knockback they get i guess you could try to use it as a finisher sometimes when ur opponent is in the air after uve been comboing them but dont try to overdo it.. your opponent WILL punish you for using it some/most of the time plus it puts you more off balance

MrBitter

Smash Apprentice
There's nothing wrong with using it as a combo finisher, but it's not an exceptionally versatile move, so trying to force it is typically a bad idea...

There are definitely times when it can be useful, but more often than not, you can use something else in place of a firebird... And typically to better effect.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
i use it occassionallyon certain stages: battlefield/flatzone/ final destination(sometimes)

it's not really that bad for setting up combo's either... just dont abuse it playing against:
fox, mario,doc, capt, ganon,link,y.link. they all have ways to either kill you or use it to their advantage

Top Bottom