• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No edge Guarding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike231

Smash Rookie
Are players not allowed to edge guard in tournaments, every tournamnet fight I watch they seem to give the other player a chance to get on the field unless they are doing a spike.
So can they not do smash attacks near the edge while opponents are trying to get on the field?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Nope edgeguarding is perfectly legal... what videos have you watched where a player just lets them back up?!?

I mean i have seen that before buts thats usually when a character would be put in a bad position trying to edgeguard, and in that case they just go for the edgehog to ledge-hopped attack

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Me and my friend made a pact, we do NOT edge guard unless the opposing players damage has 150% or more.

Personally, I don't like edge guarding either, I can avoid it if I have to, but I prefer the little pact we've got :) .

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
Me and my friend made a pact, we do NOT edge guard unless the opposing players damage has 150% or more.

Personally, I don't like edge guarding either, I can avoid it if I have to, but I prefer the little pact we've got :) .
Are you Crazy !!??
Edge guarding is the ish

to get quick kills or crush the competetion its not the only way but a great way but be careful becausecertain moves that characters do will knock you off the ledge

Peach's Up + B

Metà

Smash Master
I never understood why people would be opposed to edgeguarding. You hit them off the edge and...you want let them back on? Then why would you hit them off in the first place? Without edgeguarding, it's just a contest of who can hit the hardest. There would be no mid or low % kills and matches would take foreveeeerrrrr.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that logic is a bit...strange. The point of the game? Knock opponent of the stage. And you let them back on? Why are you trying to play "fair" in a fighting game. If someone was trying to beat me up, and I had a chance to get rid of the dude, I'd make sure he wouldn't ever get in my face again.

Takes a lot of work for helpful edgeguarding, and I don't know what you're watching, but edgeguarding is everywhere. Anyone can do it, so we're good. The smarter players don't get angry at you for doing it, nor do they make a pact on how "unfair" it is-they adapt to it, and they use it against you also.

go2chutch

Smash Cadet
its legal start doing it and to the guy who isnt gl with that your not worthy of reading SWF imo but i guess its a semi free country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom