• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

Podunk_boy

Smash Cadet
Man, I can't wait until the Hobonichi stuff comes out. I've been replaying Mother 1 for the 4th time and as always I love it heh.

Also, just curious, which Mother spirit battle do you guys think was the hardest?
Ninten, I rematched him a lot then my finger slipped and instead of rematching him I used the spirit filler thing and lost my opportunity to have the best spirit in the game.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
Man, I can't wait until the Hobonichi stuff comes out. I've been replaying Mother 1 for the 4th time and as always I love it heh.

Also, just curious, which Mother spirit battle do you guys think was the hardest?
Maybe not the hardest, but my first time Playing World of Light I thought the Jeff spirit battle was tricky because I wasn't properly equipped with the right spirits.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ninten, I rematched him a lot then my finger slipped and instead of rematching him I used the spirit filler thing and lost my opportunity to have the best spirit in the game.
Heh yeah, on the spirit board, I beat the Ninten spirit battle, but I didn't actually collect the spirit because I didn't time the gun shot correctly.

But thankfully it came back after about a week and I was able to get it lol.

Podunk_boy

Smash Cadet
Heh yeah, on the spirit board, I beat the Ninten spirit battle, but I didn't actually collect the spirit because I didn't time the gun shot correctly.

But thankfully it came back after about a week and I was able to get it lol.
Oh no! that's worse than loosing the fight!!!

D

Deleted member

Just curious, who is your favorite party member in any Mother game?

I'd say mine is Duster.

Podunk_boy

Smash Cadet
There's a big smash ballot apparently, go show the world that our boy deserves it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Happy anniversary to the Mother series!

Sakurai also acknowledged the anniversary today:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
Hey folks! I hope everyone's doing okay in these times.

Global Smash Roster has a page to vote for Ninten. Here's the link.

On another Mother related note, it looks like Mother 3 started trending again after Nintendo announced a translation of the original Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light. I hope that keeps up!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Hey folks! I hope everyone's doing okay in these times.

Global Smash Roster has a page to vote for Ninten. Here's the link.

On another Mother related note, it looks like Mother 3 started trending again after Nintendo announced a translation of the original Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light. I hope that keeps up!
Which is a limited release.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Hey, so uh. It’s been a hot minute. Turns out I’m actually not dead.

Firstly I’d like to apologize for ghosting all of you. I really didn’t mean to. I got caught up doing other crap and then the world went to hell in a handbasket last March. (Damn, it really has been a year. Huh. Time flies when you’re mentally spiralling into the void.) The TL;DR for me is 1. My anxiety keeping me from posting online during the whole virus that shall not be named. The way everything was just so polarizing just made me want to keep myself isolated. 2. Falling out of love with Smash for a while due to several issues, last summer’s controversies certainly didn’t help. And 3. Getting constantly distracted because let me tell you, ADHD is one hell of a drug. You’re either hyperfocused or trying to do 8 things at once.

I honestly really miss posting in here all the time. It was a lot of fun and I really, really regret just up and leaving and basically abandoning you guys after being the unofficial Ninten leader for the longest time. It really wasn’t cool of me to do that and I would honestly be surprised if some of you weren’t a little bit upset at me for it because damn I miss the little community we had.

I am also now in the Papa Genos’s Forest Maze Discord if you want to get a hold of me more easily. (I don’t really feel comfortable giving my tag out on here as of now.) I’m not super active as of now, but I want to give you all a way to contact me so just incase and so I don’t fall off into another void of nothingness with people wondering if I died or not. Also I see the Geno thread got locked…? Well that blows hard too… I had a blast ****posting there, and miss those guys as well.

I guess what I’m saying is that holy **** I actually really REALLY miss being the infamous slideshow maker driven by my own personal Ninsanity™ aka that one nutso Ninten dude. Even if people didn’t believe me, it was just fun to be known for something and I thank all of ya’ll for putting up with me being super obnoxious heh… Speaking of being obnoxious…

New Ninten slideshow coming soon.

Yes, I am a huge glutton for punishment, but I might as well return to what I’m known best for before the DLC ends. It’s gonna be longer than the last one which is absolutely ridiculous, but hey! If it gets more people’s eyes on this kid that’s a win for me. Gonna dump it hopefully by the end of the month.

Again, sorry for being a headcase and thanks for understanding. :ness:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey, so uh. It’s been a hot minute. Turns out I’m actually not dead.

Firstly I’d like to apologize for ghosting all of you. I really didn’t mean to. I got caught up doing other crap and then the world went to hell in a handbasket last March. (Damn, it really has been a year. Huh. Time flies when you’re mentally spiralling into the void.) The TL;DR for me is 1. My anxiety keeping me from posting online during the whole virus that shall not be named. The way everything was just so polarizing just made me want to keep myself isolated. 2. Falling out of love with Smash for a while due to several issues, last summer’s controversies certainly didn’t help. And 3. Getting constantly distracted because let me tell you, ADHD is one hell of a drug. You’re either hyperfocused or trying to do 8 things at once.

I honestly really miss posting in here all the time. It was a lot of fun and I really, really regret just up and leaving and basically abandoning you guys after being the unofficial Ninten leader for the longest time. It really wasn’t cool of me to do that and I would honestly be surprised if some of you weren’t a little bit upset at me for it because damn I miss the little community we had.

I am also now in the Papa Genos’s Forest Maze Discord if you want to get a hold of me more easily. (I don’t really feel comfortable giving my tag out on here as of now.) I’m not super active as of now, but I want to give you all a way to contact me so just incase and so I don’t fall off into another void of nothingness with people wondering if I died or not. Also I see the Geno thread got locked…? Well that blows hard too… I had a blast ****posting there, and miss those guys as well.

I guess what I’m saying is that holy **** I actually really REALLY miss being the infamous slideshow maker driven by my own personal Ninsanity™ aka that one nutso Ninten dude. Even if people didn’t believe me, it was just fun to be known for something and I thank all of ya’ll for putting up with me being super obnoxious heh… Speaking of being obnoxious…

New Ninten slideshow coming soon.

Yes, I am a huge glutton for punishment, but I might as well return to what I’m known best for before the DLC ends. It’s gonna be longer than the last one which is absolutely ridiculous, but hey! If it gets more people’s eyes on this kid that’s a win for me. Gonna dump it hopefully by the end of the month.

Again, sorry for being a headcase and thanks for understanding. :ness:
Hi there! It's been a hot minute, hasn't it? But hey, no judgement here, if there are good reasons to stop frequenting a thread or a website, yours are it!

Anyway, looking forward to that extra-long slideshow of yours. And welcome back!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Hi there! It's been a hot minute, hasn't it? But hey, no judgement here, if there are good reasons to stop frequenting a thread or a website, yours are it!

Anyway, looking forward to that extra-long slideshow of yours. And welcome back!
Yeah oof it's honestly been too long. I've wanted to come back for a while, but I just kept sitting on it it for while. Probably due to the reasons listed above but I'm not sure. I'm surprised I remembered my password and didn't have to reset it. Missed this place...

And about the slideshow, I'm really hoping I can get it posted it by the end of the month. If I had to hazard a guess it's at least 2 thirds done at the moment, likely more. I have a friend helping me out with portions of it like research to make it a teeny bit easier. It's also got an overview section on the boy himself since that was kinda missing in my last ones, so even those that have no clue who Ninten is will at least know a little bit more about him by the end. So hey at the very least if it can convince some people that Ninten isn't a lame Ness clone that's a win in my book!

Teochard

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm also back

I kind of disappeared from here mostly because I just didn't have much left to say here after E3 2019. However, I'm still really active in Smash speculation as a whole. I'll post from time to time here but if you want to speak with me regularly, I'd highly recommend PapaGenos' Forest Maze on Discord. I'll happily share the invite with anyone that DMs me. It'll be great to expand the Ninten army to new heights there so don't be shy!

On a side note, I'm the person lending a bit of a hand on Griffin's slideshow. I'm not helping as much as I would like to be, but I'm glad to say I've contributed to both research and the actual construction. I hope everyone looks forward to it. The end of Ultimate may be coming up, but it isn't the end for Ninten.

Podunk_boy

Smash Cadet
Hopefully It'll be worth the wait. Currently making a quick moveset to coincide with it. Probs gonna post that here first as a bit of a preview. :ness:
Honestly the slideshows are always fun so I'm guessing it's gonna be totally worth it.

Hey, I made this. Moveset, Spirits, stage, music, and Miis are here

I recommend reading it on PC, mobile seems to be problematic with the formatting...

It's always nice seeing different takes on a ninten moveset, i liked the miis a lot.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
It is currently four in the damn morning where I'm at. I truly have no concept of a sleep schedule but that's besides the point.

Slideshow's done baby.

Gonna dump it in the next day or so after proofreading it to make sure what I wrote in my sleep deprived state makes sense.

Head's up, it's somehow longer than anything I've posted previously. I truly am one with Ninsanity™ heh. :ness:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

Here it is boys. The Magnum Opus. 500 slides of pure madness.

Hope y'all have fun!

Podunk_boy

Smash Cadet
That was fun to read!
even tho this is info from the old slideshow im still confused as to why they couldn't record onett, the stage has nothing different or new compared to previous version of the stage (maybe music kinda) and Ninten's spirit being added late in the game is the weirdest part to me, just the idea of not adding THE protagonist immediately is more than weird.

the dlc characters also being added late to the spirit list is also pretty interesting.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
That was fun to read!
even tho this is info from the old slideshow im still confused as to why they couldn't record onett, the stage has nothing different or new compared to previous version of the stage (maybe music kinda) and Ninten's spirit being added late in the game is the weirdest part to me, just the idea of not adding THE protagonist immediately is more than weird.

the dlc characters also being added late to the spirit list is also pretty interesting.
I think that it could be a music issue, but considering that both new Earthbound tracks we got are remixes of songs that were in previous entries it would be weird unless one of these last two DLC characters is a new Earthbound rep.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
That was fun to read!

Glad you liked it!

Yeah the music has ALWAYS bothered me, ever since I first saw it. The appearance of incorrect crediting is what gets me. Doesn't help that there's weirdness surrounding that exact track period with victory themes and such.

Don't get me started on the spirit nonsense cuz holy crap that's been bugging me since before the game came out. I remember seeing the initial datamine like hours after it dumped when the game got leaked early. I noticed Ninten wasn't in the main group and was like "Where is he."

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Got sidetracked by personal stuff whoops.

Glad ya'll are liking it! I can't obviously say for sure if he's 100% gonna happen, as the last time I was super confident I got completely dabbed on and uh. Yeah. That wasn't fun. And I heard that E3 is actually happening this year and Nintendo is showing up? Well maybe 2021 might be a bit more lucky for us than 2019 as there's no way they're not revealing a character there.

Another thing relating to the big boi slideshow.. Teo and I got a Smash tuber to actually read the slideshow which is pretty rad. Issue is that they don't seem to want to cover it on their channel which is very much not rad. So looks like my dumb ass might be making a Youtube vid or something on it since no one else seems to want to. Wish we could get someone less biased as I'm obviously EXTREMELY biased but hey. Maybe it'll get views.

Also another thing since you guys might be interested. I actually made a Flying Man hoodie!

Flying Man chest.png Flying Man Sleeves.png flying Man hood.png

Pictured it with my old Fangamer Ness shirt because I always felt Ness had a bigger connection to the Flying Men as well, he has his own. While Ninten in my opinion seems to have more or less borrowed them despite them also technically representing his courage. Either way, FLYING MAN HOODIE!!! Been wanting to do this forever. I've also been playing a bit of Final Fantasy lately and am now obsessed with the idea of Ninten in a White Mage outfit. So I may or may not have made a Ninten themed White Mage hoodie as well. Though I'll post that later heh heh heh.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If any of you aren't confident that Oddity will get finished any time soon, there is an alternative that is announced to launch next year, but will have a KS campaign launched next month to support its development, just in case.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...dertale-inspired_rpg_coming_to_switch_in_2022

Whereas the Mother series lampooned America, Oddventure is liberally inspired by Grimm Brothers fairy tales and is set to truly live up to the definition of "role-playing", as every decision affects the game's events.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
So It's been a sec so what's goin- :Reads about the Sony takedown:

ff.png

Oh. Oh god.

Well, speaking of the pic used, time to be the Dib of the Smash fandom again for another post heh. The Sony takedown is both extremely unfortunate and pretty sus to me. Like, why wait until NOW. The Pollyanna music video was up since like 2014. I remember when it was first uploaded even. Why now like a month before E3? And why nuke everything else along with it? The rights are also shared with Nintendo, meaning Sony couldn't do this on their own, Nintendo had a hand in this as well. Which again. Why now. And why just Mother music. Why not go full scorched earth and take down even more stuff? There's something fishy here. If it was in relation to the new music releases, they would have slammed that a while ago. The Mother 1 soundtrack was rereleased in 2019 I believe. The Revisited album plus the reissue of the Mother 2 album were released in February. If they wanted to drop the nuke, they would have done it then when sales would be at the highest. Not three months later. So it's highly unlikely to be related to that.

The Mother 1 album is still on Spotify, just checked right now. So that means it's gotta be a legitimate upload of the soundtrack otherwise it A: Wouldn't have lasted this long and B: Surely would have been caught in the crossfire of all the other music nuked from the internet. So we got a shadow drop of the music on Spotify at the beginning of the year, Suzuki's rendition of the Mother 1 album, and the reworked Mother 2 album in February. So we got three releases here, with no known copyright takedowns of Mother music when released. So why does Nintendo and Sony have a sudden interest in purging Mother music NOW. Just really makes ya think.

Now this is just an idea, possibly an insane idea, but after talking it over with a friend, we came up with something sorta plausible. It's known now that Nintendo initially went to Microsoft for Steve and ended up with Banjo Kazooie. I could be wrong, but aren't a few of the new tracks that came with Sephiroth technically owned by Sony? At least the distribution rights? What if this is a Steve/Banjo situation where Nintendo initially went for one thing, but ended up picking up two things? One being some extra tracks for Sephiroth, and the other getting some og tracks for a potential Mother 1 rep? Even without Sony having FF music, the strikes are something to think about. I remember about a month before the Sans Mii costume was announced, there were copyright takedowns of Megolovania on Youtube. So it's suspicious regardless.

And I know Ninten being an E3 pick would be a bizarre choice to some as people are expecting a big character in the fandom that hasn't been playable yet. Only issue is that I can't think of one that isn't already in like Ridley, costumed like Geno, assisted like Issac, or had their chances shot down considerably like Crash Bandicoot. Expecting a "hype" character for E3 isn't really realistic in my opinion, especially with how many have already had their shots practically bombed due to the above things I listed. We're getting something completely unexpected like the last pass characters or a shill. Or even a character that's both.

Now I'm not saying to hype up and expect asthma boy at E3 100% since well, It's def possible that we'll get burned again. But damn it this whole situation combined with everything mentioned in the giant slideshow is just... So... Bizarre... Like let's recap this again.

-Every character on this pass was leaked or rumored AGES ago
-Mother music in SSBU being suspicious with the Eight Melodies being removed from the title, Pollyanna/Bein Friends being added super late, and that suspicious victory theme
-Ness's and Cloud's victory theme being unable to be recorded in August 2018, one franchise received a character in the new pass.
-Ninten's funky ass spirit being a late addition and being the only non fillery spirit added super late with the exception of Pyra/Mythra, the Arms characters and Shantae.
-Mii Force Helmet still missing
-First party character with a supposedly unique victory theme cut from base
-E3 build having EB bias such as being the only series without a cut veteran/new character to have two stages
-Mother characters having a weird aversion in reveal trailers
-Ness's strange rep in WOL and his classic mode
-EB0 and EB STILL being ghosts for the NSO in all regions and is the only franchise on the SNES classic to have no presence on the Switch

HarshWatchfulIsabellinewheatear-size_restricted.png

It's been just the weirdest ride. Hopefully we'll end on top.

Podunk_boy

Smash Cadet
The Pollyanna music video was up since like 2014. I remember when it was first uploaded even. Why now like a month before E3? And why nuke everything else along with it?
Yeah it's a little wack that they took them down that day, also, if I remember correctly another weird thing is that they took down Pollyanna first, then did nothing the next days then a random day the earthbound/mother 2 ost got erased.

Mother characters having a weird aversion in reveal trailers

While this isn't a reveal trailer I remember ness appearing in this one commercial where the "everyone is here" poster "comes to life" although he doesn't have a 3d model he's one of the 2d characters, so maybe ness and Lucas just don't have "reveal trailer quality" 3d models. (yet...??)

and also i always felt like Ness and Lucas appeared more than anyone in a lot of the gameplay sections of smash presentation, although I don't know if this is true or its just my monkey brain giving them more attention than every other character in those sections, the only one i would consider an exception is that part in pyras and mythras presentation where they showed duos of characters, one of these being ness and Lucas Wich feels like a obvious part for them to appear.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Yeah it's a little wack that they took them down that day, also, if I remember correctly another weird thing is that they took down Pollyanna first, then did nothing the next days then a random day the earthbound/mother 2 ost got erased.
See if it was more than just EB music, I wouldn't pay any attention to it. And if it happened when the music releases went up? Sure. Understandable. But to us it looks kinda like some new employee woke up, checked Youtube on their lunch break, saw Mother music and said "FIRE EVERYTHING!!!"

Nothing about the timing logically makes sense and honestly should have been hit a while ago with how popular some of the vids were. Or at the very least, nuked when the vinyls went out and not 3+ months later a few weeks before E3. Part of me is thinking that them taking vids down days apart rather than all at once was to throw off suspicions, but all it’s really done is make my suspicions increase.

While this isn't a reveal trailer I remember ness appearing in this one commercial where the "everyone is here" poster "comes to life" although he doesn't have a 3d model he's one of the 2d characters, so maybe ness and Lucas just don't have "reveal trailer quality" 3d models. (yet...??)

Oh s**t that's right, he wasn't even rendered properly there either. I forgot about that thing. Fricken weird. They don't even have the excuse of him being "s e c r e t" this time around either.

and also i always felt like Ness and Lucas appeared more than anyone in a lot of the gameplay sections of smash presentation, although I don't know if this is true or its just my monkey brain giving them more attention than every other character in those sections, the only one i would consider an exception is that part in pyras and mythras presentation where they showed duos of characters, one of these being ness and Lucas Wich feels like a obvious part for them to appear.
My monkey brain noticed that too, but didn't think too much about that. But yeah, I was meaning just the cinematics. Gameplay sections certainly, but as far as actual reveal cinematics? Nope. Nadda. They're not even in the WOL cutscenes. Just a weird thing to me as they certainly had a focus in the cinematics back in Brawl. The only one that featured them extensively was Lucas's reveal in 2015 which is another thing that bothers me. So either Itoi said no to them being in cinematics (which would be really stupid and I don't buy it personally but I suppose it is possible) the scriptwriters completely forgot they existed which I also kinda doubt, or they're getting used specifically in a trailer like the Lucas one. Not a clue. For all the EB content brought into SSBU, them not being in any official reveal trailers is just odd. It could honestly just be one of the first options tbqh, but after SSBB and all these sudden Mother merchandise drops it just feels kinda weird.

tl;dr I have no idea what's happening anymore and am just praying that I'm not crazy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom