• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Would anyone be opposed to HD/3D Mother remakes?
The only Mother remakes i'm interested in are the ones that use what they learned from Kirby and the Rainbow Curse to make a game that actually resembles the clay models from the official artwork.

That's a lie, I'll buy Mother Remakes no matter what but I REALLY want claymation Mother games

D

Deleted member

That.... Okay yeah that's weird... Not really sure what to make of that but I'll keep that in mind.

Oof. Geno being in would certainly bring me back to my freshman year in Highschool. I picked up the game at a sketchy game store. (That smelled of an illicit substance may I add) I was originally just gonna get Chrono Trigger, but I saw SMRPG and remembered the curiosity of Geno I had while searching through old Brawl threads and got that game too.

Later that year I went as Geno for Halloween.

Ninten however? He brings me back to when I was 12 learning about what EarthBound was for the first time. I remember the first EB related thing I saw online were a long series of sprite videos and they included Ninten who I had no idea was even a real thing until then. I got his sticker in Brawl but back when i first got it I thought it was just an old timey Ness god I feel dumb. I'm in my early 20's now, and honestly, seeing him finally get the attention and recognition he deserves would honestly probably make me break down and cry heh...
Everyone. The stage-prefix being Earthbound and not EBB means something. Something HUGE.

When you put it that way, I would cry even more if Ninten comes. Mother 1 needs to be repped by Ninten

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Everyone. The stage-prefix being Earthbound and not EBB means something. Something HUGE.

When you put it that way, I would cry even more if Ninten comes. Mother 1 needs to be repped by Ninten
I don't know if it's "big" but it's pretty odd

For Geno, I'll jump up and down screaming if he gets in.

For Ninten, you know what I'd probably bawl my eyes out if he gets in.

D

Deleted member

I don't know if it's "big" but it's pretty odd

For Geno, I'll jump up and down screaming if he gets in.

For Ninten, you know what I'd probably bawl my eyes out if he gets in.
True.

I will cry for both of them.

Geno because people assumed that Nintendo and Square Enix don't care about him, but if he does, then they obviously do, and I will cry of joy because all of the naysayers of him and that harassers will be done for

Ninten because, like you said, he will get the recognition he deserves, and the naysayers of him can shut up as well lol, people who keep thinking that him and Ness are the same person gets really annoying.

Anyways, I think I will head off to bed, good night everyone

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Okay so I was thinking about that oddity of Magicant not being called EarthBound Beginnnings and I’m honestly thinking it’s due to the EBB logo being too similar to the EB logo as it’s just the same thing with Beginnings written underneath it. That and since those two games are complementary to each other seeing EB is a direct sequel, they probably didn’t see much point in adding it. The EBB tracks are credidited as EBB though so that’s why I’m thinking it’s just an aesthetic choice.

New Pork City being called Mother 3 though? THAT’S odd... Part of me thinks that it should’ve just been called EarthBound as well just to keep up the theming, but the fact that it’s not? Huh...

...Would it actually be possible for Mother 3’s localized title being... Just Mother 3?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay so I was thinking about that oddity of Magicant not being called EarthBound Beginnnings and I’m honestly thinking it’s due to the EBB logo being too similar to the EB logo as it’s just the same thing with Beginnings written underneath it. That and since those two games are complementary to each other seeing EB is a direct sequel, they probably didn’t see much point in adding it. The EBB tracks are credidited as EBB though so that’s why I’m thinking it’s just an aesthetic choice.

New Pork City being called Mother 3 though? THAT’S odd... Part of me thinks that it should’ve just been called EarthBound as well just to keep up the theming, but the fact that it’s not? Huh...

...Would it actually be possible for Mother 3’s localized title being... Just Mother 3?
Yes. Yes it would. Also...

WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE FOR NINTEN'S LOGO TO BE EARTHBOUND? YES

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
Yes. Yes it would. Also...

WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE FOR NINTEN'S LOGO TO BE EARTHBOUND? YES
Interesting to note that the Mother 3 Spirits says "EarthBound Series" despite not being released Worldwide. Saw that from a Hinawa Spirit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Interesting to note that the Mother 3 Spirits says "EarthBound Series" despite not being released Worldwide. Say that from a Hinawa Spirit.
Hmmm...I'm actually not sure what to make of this lol

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
I hope them calling it Mother 3 ingame means that it won't be renamed when it finally gets localized in the West. For me Mother 3 is Mother 3 and not Earthbound 2 or Earthbound Endings or something like that.

Btw obviously people in the Porky thread are optimistic that Porky is the most likely Mother rep when M3 gets announced tho. I'd love to have both but it'd be very unfair if we got more characters than Games compared to franchises like Kirby which deserve more reps.

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
I hope them calling it Mother 3 ingame means that it won't be renamed when it finally gets localized in the West. For me Mother 3 is Mother 3 and not Earthbound 2 or Earthbound Endings or something like that.

Btw obviously people in the Porky thread are optimistic that Porky is the most likely Mother rep when M3 gets announced tho. I'd love to have both but it'd be very unfair if we got more characters than Games compared to franchises like Kirby which deserve more reps.
The title Mother is more important for Mother 3 compared to the previous two games.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

Same here. Calling it EarthBound anything just doesn't seem right to me.

Eh, what Porky fans forget is that Lucas was released around the same time Mother 1 got localized. Also with the ASC being his spirit and player icon, I feel like they're purposly not naming him not because he's DLC, but to avoid spoilers pretty sure. I mean, Claus and MM got split up. Not saying Porky is impossible, but I would argue that Ninten is the more likely Mother rep because of all the oddities....

Exactly. I agree with you Nauzgo Nauzgo

Mother was originally just a nod to the Beatles, but Mother in the context of the third game is much more impactful and important.
That's also a really good point.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm only just comprehending that Mother, the title of an entire franchise, is a Beatles reference lol.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Thinking of making a list of all the pros and cons both Ninten and Porky have just for comparison's sake. Maybe I'll get to that this weekend.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Exactly. I agree with you Nauzgo Nauzgo

Mother was originally just a nod to the Beatles, but Mother in the context of the third game is much more impactful and important.
I thought Mother was originally named after the song "Mother" by John Lennon.

D

Deleted member

What are everyone's favorite music tracks from the Mother series?

Mine are Smiles and Tears from Earthbound, Porky's Porkies from Mother 3, Porky's theme from Mother 3, the 8 Melodies from Mother 1, and Bein' Friends from Mother 1

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
What are everyone's favorite music tracks from the Mother series?

Mine are Smiles and Tears from Earthbound, Porky's Porkies from Mother 3, Porky's theme from Mother 3, the 8 Melodies from Mother 1, and Bein' Friends from Mother 1
**** man I have to choose? That's a toughy. I'd say Battle With a Dangerous Foe and All That I Needed Was You from Mother 1, for Mother 2, Smiles and Tears, Sanctuary Guardian, Pokey Means Business, and You've Come Far Ness. And Mother 3, I always liked Intense Guys, Fate, Strong One, and Natural Killer Cyborg. There's a bunch of others too but I'm blanking on the names.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Alright so

-Pollyanna (I Believe In You)
-Bein' Friends
-Magicant
-Eight Melodies
-Mother Earth
-Youngtown
-Snowman
-Humoresque of a Little Dog
-Onett
-Fourside
-Battle Against A Machine
-Sanctuary Guardian
-Hi Hi Hi (Saturn Valley)
-The Skyrunner
-Mother 3 Love Theme
-Piggy Guys
-Unfounded Revenge
-Open Sesame Tofu
-Bigshot's Theme/A Great Person's Theme
-This Is Such A Utopia! (You Call This A Utopia?!)
-Master Porky's Theme
-Mr. Saturn Theme Z
-A Flying Whatchamacallit
-Bean Bean Pork Bean

Though, I love Mother / Earthbound music in general.

Last edited:

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
Alright so

-Pollyanna (I Believe In You)
-Bein' Friends
-Magicant
-Eight Melodies
-Mother Earth
-Youngtown
-Snowman
-Humoresque of a Little Dog
-Onett
-Fourside
-Battle Against A Machine
-Sanctuary Guardian
-Hi Hi Hi (Saturn Valley)
-The Skyrunner
-Mother 3 Love Theme
-Piggy Guys
-Unfounded Revenge
-Open Sesame Tofu
-Bigshot's Theme/A Great Person's Theme
-This Is Such A Utopia! (You Call This A Utopia?!)
-Mr. Saturn Theme Z
-A Flying Whatchamacallit
-Bean Bean Pork Bean

Though, I love Mother / Earthbound music in general.
Note that all stages from the same series shares the same music list. The ones from Ultimate are songs that was remixed in the past within the Smash Bros. series.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
This doesn't really have to do with Ninten, but have you guys ever heard of Fangamer? They're a company that sells video game merch like for EarthBound and I believe they are also apart of Starmen.net. Fangamer has been hosting conventions each summer since 2015 called Camp Fangamer, and for the first one, Shigesato Itoi personally filmed a video of himself and delivered a really heartwarming message to the EarthBound fanbase, even if it was only a second long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJMYWJfu1D0

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
This doesn't really have to do with Ninten, but have you guys ever heard of Fangamer? They're a company that sells video game merch like for EarthBound and I believe they are also apart of Starmen.net. Fangamer has been hosting conventions each summer since 2015 called Camp Fangamer, and for the first one, Shigesato Itoi personally filmed a video of himself and delivered a really heartwarming message to the EarthBound fanbase, even if it was only a second long.

I remember buying merch from them waaaay back when all they had was EarthBound and Chrono Trigger merch. 2009 maybe? Not positive.

I've only heard of Camp Fangamer and never really understood what it was, but I was unaware of Itoi's message. That's really cool of him. Love the dude.

Wait was this 2015 or 2016? Just curious.

D

Deleted member

I remember buying merch from them waaaay back when all they had was EarthBound and Chrono Trigger merch. 2009 maybe? Not positive.

I've only heard of Camp Fangamer and never really understood what it was, but I was unaware of Itoi's message. That's really cool of him. Love the dude.

Wait was this 2015 or 2016? Just curious.
It was 2015. It was heartwarming :) It was also about a month after EBB was released overseas

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
It was 2015. It was heartwarming :) It was also about a month after EBB was released overseas
Huh. Really cool of him. Must've been around the time he realized how big the fanbase truly was. I mean, pretty sure releasing EarthBound Zero was a big hint there heh...

D

Deleted member

Huh. Really cool of him. Must've been around the time he realized how big the fanbase truly was. I mean, pretty sure releasing EarthBound Zero was a big hint there heh...
Yeah. I also hope from that time to wanted to push for Ninten to be in Smash :)

D

Deleted member

Who do you all think will be revealed at the VGAs if there is a Smash reveal? I'm thinking Geno. Ninten along with Mother 3 for Switch would be awesome as well

Last edited by a moderator:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Who do you all think will be revealed at the VGAs if there is a Smash reveal? I'm thinking Geno. Ninten along with Mother 3 for Switch would be awesome as well
Back in October I theorized that Ninten would be revealed at the VGA's due to it landing on Iwata's birthday, but then Box Theory was proven legit without the Square Enix character being revealed. So now I'm thinking/praying for Geno at the VGAs and Ninten in the spring of next year.

D

Deleted member

Back in October I theorized that Ninten would be revealed at the VGA's due to it landing on Iwata's birthday, but then Box Theory was proven legit without the Square Enix character being revealed. So now I'm thinking/praying for Geno at the VGAs and Ninten in the spring of next year.
This is pretty much what I am praying for too :) I see Ninten being revealed in the summer, but the sooner the better!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Half of my clothing is Earthbound merch from Fangamer, heh.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
...Well uh. The Game Awards were certainly a thing.

However, I'm still not giving up on the boy. Reggie did say the DLC would be unexpected, not that they'd for sure all be new franchises.

Though I'm gonna try to be a little less hardcore on speculation for the next week. Ya'll are gonna be playing the game and such(I won't get mine till later this month) so there isn't a massive need for intense speculation for at least a little bit. (I also have like 5 finals next week.)

But don't count me out! Just gonna be a little less intense is all. ;)

Top Bottom