• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I can already see more attention given to the Mother series lol.

Compared to Smash 4, it's weird the increase in content the Mother series received.

Hopefully Ninten is DLC :)
Heh. Amazing what difference it makes now that Itoi is aware of us. ;)

If I notice anything in my playtthrough of SSBU or find some EB spirits I'll be sure to let you guys know!

I can't believe I made that entire NinTED Talk without once playing the game, not even the demo.

D

Deleted member

Heh. Amazing what difference it makes now that Itoi is aware of us. ;)

If I notice anything in my playtthrough of SSBU or find some EB spirits I'll be sure to let you guys know!

I can't believe I made that entire NinTED Talk without once playing the game, not even the demo.
Thank you :)

It's amazing how many Mother spirits I found in WoL and WoD

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
When you play the game for only a few hours and right away notice some oddities.

Before I mention any of that, I have to say one thing: NESS IS AMAZING IN THIS GAME OH MY GOD EVERY LITTLE CHANGE FROM HIS IDLE TO HIS RUN ANIMATION ASDJFHAD I LOVE HIM SO DAMN MUUUUUCH!!!!

Anyways, the biggest weird thing I noticed once again has to do with the music. Is there a way to send screenshots outside of your Switch? I want to be able to show proof before I randomly spout crap off. This is the first time I've used a Switch outside of playing the Kirby Star Allies and Mario Kart demos at Gamestop and Best Buy.

D

Deleted member

When you play the game for only a few hours and right away notice some oddities.

Before I mention any of that, I have to say one thing: NESS IS AMAZING IN THIS GAME OH MY GOD EVERY LITTLE CHANGE FROM HIS IDLE TO HIS RUN ANIMATION ASDJFHAD I LOVE HIM SO DAMN MUUUUUCH!!!!

Anyways, the biggest weird thing I noticed once again has to do with the music. Is there a way to send screenshots outside of your Switch? I want to be able to show proof before I randomly spout crap off. This is the first time I've used a Switch outside of playing the Kirby Star Allies and Mario Kart demos at Gamestop and Best Buy.
Well, you can use your phone to take a picture of the Switch, then I think you can copy and paste it here

Last edited by a moderator:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Alright first oddity I'd like to point out is this right here.

Something about the title for this track bugged me, so I went and booted up Smash Wii U to check something.

Excuse me why is the Eight Melodies no longer in the title? I listened to the loop in SSBU and it still has the Eight Melodies in it so uh... Huh???

Also here's the other half of the EB music you get at the start of the game.

I didn't notice anything missing until I checked the shop and saw Smiles and Tears for sale which made me go "Wait what." So I went back and noticed both Smiles and Tears and the Mother 3 Love theme were missing meaning those two much be purchased.

None of the Mother 1 tracks you have to purchase. All six are already there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright first oddity I'd like to point out is this right here.

Something about the title for this track bugged me, so I went and booted up Smash Wii U to check something.

Excuse me why is the Eight Melodies no longer in the title? I listened to the loop in SSBU and it still has the Eight Melodies in it so uh... Huh???

Also here's the other half of the EB music you get at the start of the game.

I didn't notice anything missing until I checked the shop and saw Smiles and Tears for sale which made me go "Wait what." So I went back and noticed both Smiles and Tears and the Mother 3 Love theme were missing meaning those two much be purchased.

None of the Mother 1 tracks you have to purchase. All six are already there.
All these oddities with the Mother music are playing in Ninten's favor.

Thanks for pointing this out!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
All these oddities with the Mother music are playing in Ninten's favor.

Thanks for pointing this out!
No prob bob. Someone's gotta do the research. ;)

I didn't even touch World of Light yet I'm willing to bet there might be weird crap there as well.

I did fight Teddy's spirit who completely destroyed me but the fact that he's a Little Mac with a Katana is breathtaking.

D

Deleted member

No prob bob. Someone's gotta do the research. ;)

I didn't even touch World of Light yet I'm willing to bet there might be weird crap there as well.

I did fight Teddy's spirit who completely destroyed me but the fact that he's a Little Mac with a Katana is breathtaking.
I know lol. Teddy is another one of my most used spirits.

There is something that may spoil a bit of World of Light for you, is it okay for me to mention it?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I know lol. Teddy is another one of my most used spirits.

There is something that may spoil a bit of World of Light for you, is it okay for me to mention it?
I hear there's like an EB themed area but I don't know much about it.

D

Deleted member

I hear there's like an EB themed area but I don't know much about it.
I don't think there is one EB themed area since all the EB spirits are spread out across WoL and WoD.

What is interesting is that Ninten is the only Mother 1 spirit who isn't in WoL or WoD. This might have something to do with being one of the last 100 spirits added, but Idk

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I don't think there is one EB themed area since all the EB spirits are spread out across WoL and WoD.

What is interesting is that Ninten is the only Mother 1 spirit who isn't in WoL or WoD. This might have something to do with being one of the last 100 spirits added, but Idk

The only Mother 1 character?

Ana was also added late into the game... Right after Ninty in fact...

Were Salsa, Hinawa, Flint or Kuma in either of them?

D

Deleted member

The only Mother 1 character?

Ana was also added late into the game... Right after Ninty in fact...

Were Salsa, Hinawa, Flint or Kuma in either of them?
I don't think Salsa, Flint, or Kumarora were in WoL or WoD, but Ana and Hinawa are in. Ana in WoL, Hinawa in WoD

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I don't think Salsa, Flint, or Kumarora were in WoL or WoD, but Ana and Hinawa are in. Ana in WoL, Hinawa in WoD
I officially don’t understand anything anymore.

Edit: Hinawa was literally the last EB spirit added too.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Have any of you beat Classic mode with Ness yet? I noticed a few cool/interesting things about it.

I've been spending most of my time getting Fighter Spirits from beating Classic mode (I love how they added the little banners to show who you've beaten Classic mode) and this is my amazing roster so far.

Though I noticed something kinda odd when I beat Classic with Wii Fit Trainer.

Turns out Cloud isn't the only one with a Smash Fighter Spirit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Have any of you beat Classic mode with Ness yet? I noticed a few cool/interesting things about it.

I've been spending most of my time getting Fighter Spirits from beating Classic mode (I love how they added the little banners to show who you've beaten Classic mode) and this is my amazing roster so far.

Though I noticed something kinda odd when I beat Classic with Wii Fit Trainer.

Turns out Cloud isn't the only one with a Smash Fighter Spirit.
Ness was the first character I beat Classic Mode with!

I love how they created it, with the music, the fights....it was so nostalgic and beautiful.

Here's hoping they do that with Ninten if he is in!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Ness was the first character I beat Classic Mode with!

I love how they created it, with the music, the fights....it was so nostalgic and beautiful.

Here's hoping they do that with Ninten if he is in!
Two things I noticed: One was the Ness with the Blue Hat in Magicant wasn’t Ninten, but the young version of Ness in Ness’s Magicant in EB. (If I can find a pic I’ll post it.)

And the other was there was no Flying Man Battle. In Marth’s and a couple others like Zelda I think there were Mii fighters dressed in costumes resembling characters.

You’d think there’d be one with them.

D

Deleted member

Two things I noticed: One was the Ness with the Blue Hat in Magicant wasn’t Ninten, but the young version of Ness in Ness’s Magicant in EB. (If I can find a pic I’ll post it.)

And the other was there was no Flying Man Battle. In Marth’s and a couple others like Zelda I think there were Mii fighters dressed in costumes resembling characters.

You’d think there’d be one with them.
Since the FM is from Mother 1, could they be saving it for a Ninten classic mode!??

Could you explain the first point? I don't understand it

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Since the FM is from Mother 1, could they be saving it for a Ninten classic mode!??

Could you explain the first point? I don't understand it

That kid at the bottom by the snowman was Ness when he was younger. See the blue hat? Took me a bit but the realization hit me like a truck after I beat his Classic mode.

Yeah I didn't think much of it at the time but when I did other classic modes and saw the Isaac and Takamaru Mii costumes in battle I went "Hold up."

Also I fought Ana on the spirit board and she tore me a new one. Also that Ness she fights with has the same alt that the Ninten spirit does soooooo.

D

Deleted member

That kid at the bottom by the snowman was Ness when he was younger. See the blue hat? Took me a bit but the realization hit me like a truck after I beat his Classic mode.

Yeah I didn't think much of it at the time but when I did other classic modes and saw the Isaac and Takamaru Mii costumes in battle I went "Hold up."

Also I fought Ana on the spirit board and she tore me a new one. Also that Ness she fights with has the same alt that the Ninten spirit does soooooo.
Thanks for explaining!

Yeah, if Ninten is in, he will probably use the commercial design. That's really good news!

Man, even I didn't realize that that classic mode fight was referencing younger Ness. That's how much attention they are giving it this time!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Thanks for explaining!

Yeah, if Ninten is in, he will probably use the commercial design. That's really good news!

Man, even I didn't realize that that classic mode fight was referencing younger Ness. That's how much attention they are giving it this time!
No prob bob. I don't have Lucas yet so I can't exactly analyze his yet heh.

Oof honestly I never actually expected the commercial design since I kept getting beaten over the head with the "It's fanon Ani" stick since July but with the whole Fuel alt thing happening as well as how Ness's render is quite literally a fan render pose just slightly altered, Commercial Ninty with a Bandana seems pretty likely.

Wonder what else they'd do to separate him from Nester.

D

Deleted member

No prob bob. I don't have Lucas yet so I can't exactly analyze his yet heh.

Oof honestly I never actually expected the commercial design since I kept getting beaten over the head with the "It's fanon Ani" stick since July but with the whole Fuel alt thing happening as well as how Ness's render is quite literally a fan render pose just slightly altered, Commercial Ninty with a Bandana seems pretty likely.

Wonder what else they'd do to separate him from Nester.
Sakurai makes the most of a character's moveset potential, so I do think Ninten will be his own character.

I can't wait to see :)

I also can't wait for your analysis of Lucas's classic mode lol

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
So I got Falco and Lucas last night (They're my other mains so yay though I still need Mewtwo and Ridley then I'd have my squad) and I didn't play Luc's yet but Falco's was pretty cool. You fight like the darker/evil incarnations of characters like Dark Samus, Dark Pit, and Link and Toon Link's Dark Link alts. Then I got to round four.

Ooooooh boy did this catch me off guard...

D

Deleted member

So I got Falco and Lucas last night (They're my other mains so yay though I still need Mewtwo and Ridley then I'd have my squad) and I didn't play Luc's yet but Falco's was pretty cool. You fight like the darker/evil incarnations of characters like Dark Samus, Dark Pit, and Link and Toon Link's Dark Link alts. Then I got to round four.

Ooooooh boy did this catch me off guard...
Wait wut is this referencing

D

Deleted member

Masked Man being the "evil" counterpart to Lucas it looks like.

I think it's a purposeful red herring.

In other news Paula kicked my sorry butt.
Oh ****.

Wait Paula is in WoL? Or is it just a spirit battle outside of adventure mode?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Oh ****.

Wait Paula is in WoL? Or is it just a spirit battle outside of adventure mode?
Found her on the spirit board. KO'd the Ness but it's basically the Ana fight on crack. She's a persistent fighter. Plus it's on Onett making it hard to hit her. Though maybe it's my dumb fault for not using Falco since he has a reflector. I did get Poo though.

Also I'm currently fighting Flint and uh... Wow... Someone certainly played Mother 3.

D

Deleted member

Found her on the spirit board. KO'd the Ness but it's basically the Ana fight on crack. She's a persistent fighter. Plus it's on Onett making it hard to hit her. Though maybe it's my dumb fault for not using Falco since he has a reflector. I did get Poo though.

Also I'm currently fighting Flint and uh... Wow... Someone certainly played Mother 3.
Man, I need to fight these spirits. They sound like a lot of fun :D

And this is the making of the team who decided the spirits.

Props to them lol.

Who is your favorite spirit and what is your favorite spirit battle so far?

My favorite spirit is Geno, and my favorite spirit battle is Hinawa

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Man, I need to fight these spirits. They sound like a lot of fun :D

And this is the making of the team who decided the spirits.

Props to them lol.

Who is your favorite spirit and what is your favorite spirit battle so far?

My favorite spirit is Geno, and my favorite spirit battle is Hinawa
Of the ones I have? I use Kumatora, Cynthia's Garchomp, Blastoise, and Chorus Kids the most for primaries. Though now I just got Zekrom who's one of my favorite Pokemon ever so I gotta take him for a spin. Flint too.

For battles? I liked all the Mother ones I've done so far. Flint's REALLY caught me off guard. Kuma's made me laugh. The Latias and Latios fight with the red and blue Charizard were also super cute (I'm a big Pokemon freak as well.) Rowlet as an Ivysaur spamming Razor Leaf also got a laugh out of me. I don't have a personal fave yet, though I hear Claus has a really cool one.

Edit: Just got annihilated by Ness's Dad. Honestly probably the funniest spirit battle I've seen so far, though it's kinda sad if you think about it for a minute.

Also with how detailed and intricate these Mother spirit battles are, Ninten's stands out to me as the least in character at least so far. Of the last six EB characters (I'm not positive on Hinawa yet as I haven't fought her yet) Ninten's is the one with the least effort put into it. It feels like he got rushed or something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Of the ones I have? I use Kumatora, Cynthia's Garchomp, Blastoise, and Chorus Kids the most for primaries. Though now I just got Zekrom who's one of my favorite Pokemon ever so I gotta take him for a spin. Flint too.

For battles? I liked all the Mother ones I've done so far. Flint's REALLY caught me off guard. Kuma's made me laugh. The Latias and Latios fight with the red and blue Charizard were also super cute (I'm a big Pokemon freak as well.) Rowlet as an Ivysaur spamming Razor Leaf also got a laugh out of me. I don't have a personal fave yet, though I hear Claus has a really cool one.

Edit: Just got annihilated by Ness's Dad. Honestly probably the funniest spirit battle I've seen so far, though it's kinda sad if you think about it for a minute.

Also with how detailed and intricate these Mother spirit battles are, Ninten's stands out to me as the least in character at least so far. Of the last six EB characters (I'm not positive on Hinawa yet as I haven't fought her yet) Ninten's is the one with the least effort put into it. It feels like he got rushed or something.
Nice picks!

That is weird...hopefully it means what I think it means :)

This game is perfect for Ninten. He would fit in with a unique moveset!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
So I unlocked Mewtwo and took him for a spin in classic mode. It's kinda neat as you fight two characters at a time and when you win one of them gets "mind controlled" and turns into your ally for the next fight. One battle was Ness and Lucas and Lucas was the one that ended up being on Mewtwo's team.

Once again in the Masked Man alt.

D

Deleted member

So I unlocked Mewtwo and took him for a spin in classic mode. It's kinda neat as you fight two characters at a time and when you win one of them gets "mind controlled" and turns into your ally for the next fight. One battle was Ness and Lucas and Lucas was the one that ended up being on Mewtwo's team.

Once again in the Masked Man alt.
What is with all these Masked Men Lucas'

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
What is with all these Masked Men Lucas'
A Red Herring to avoid spoilers I bet. I mean, the Claus and Masked Man spirits are separate entities so for people unfamiliar with Mother 3 they’d look at it and be like “Oh man there’s and evil Lucas? Sounds sick!” Or something like that.

I’m willing to bet that that’s why there’s an ASC spirit instead of a regular Porky spirit.

D

Deleted member

A Red Herring to avoid spoilers I bet. I mean, the Claus and Masked Man spirits are separate entities so for people unfamiliar with Mother 3 they’d look at it and be like “Oh man there’s and evil Lucas? Sounds sick!” Or something like that.

I’m willing to bet that that’s why there’s an ASC spirit instead of a regular Porky spirit.
Yeah, same.

So the Masked Man Lucas was just referring to a mind controlled Lucas?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Yeah, same.

So the Masked Man Lucas was just referring to a mind controlled Lucas?
Yeah basically. I really like how they handled the Mother 3 content in this game. It gives subtle hints, but nothing that flat out says “x character is actually evil” or “x character dies tragically.” It’s obvious for people that played the game, not so obvious for those in the dark about it.

D

Deleted member

Yeah basically. I really like how they handled the Mother 3 content in this game. It gives subtle hints, but nothing that flat out says “x character is actually evil” or “x character dies tragically.” It’s obvious for people that played the game, not so obvious for those in the dark about it.
Exactly.

It's also crazy how many legendary Mother spirits there are. For Mother 1, Ninten is the only legendary, for Earthbound, Paula, Ness's dad, and Jeff are legendaries, and for Mother 3, Claus, Hinawa, and ASC are legendaries.

That's 7 legendary spirits for Mother.

That's a lot.

The Claus and Hinawa spirit battles made me cry.

Top Bottom