• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NML:BO - Lille, France - Baxon, Cyr, Aska, Doraki, Charlon and more!

Slhoka

Smash Lord
No Man's Land: Big One
April 8, 2012
Lille, France

The NML (for No Man's Land) series is a tournament series held in Lille, in the North of France. Focused on Fighting Games tournaments, the NML series hosted Melee tournaments on many occasions. Usually small-time because of the small Melee community in Lille, these tournaments have become an important part of France's Melee scene, being frequent, good and convenient for smashers living in the Northern half of France.
Saturday, a special NML took place : NML Big One, the first Smash-only tournament of the series, featuring both Brawl and Melee. The tournament was supposed to be a really big one, hence it's name, but two other and larger tournaments around the same date focused the attention of the French and European community. Parisian players attended the tournament nevertheless, as well as players from Luxembourg, and while there were only 19 entrants for Melee, the average level was decently high : according the the player database, the average entrant ranking was over 1300.
Overall, the tournament was a typical NML tournament : short, fairly small, but definitely good.

Videos

Videos are being uploaded on LeFrenchMelee, France's Melee community Youtube channel, and a Smashboards thread can be found here.

Results

Out of curiosity, I checked how far everyone went in the bracket according to their seeds in pools. I coloured the names to show it.
Placed first in pools
Placed second in pools
Placed third in pools
Placed fourth in pools

Singles :
19 players : 4 pools of 4 or 5, top 4 advancing to a 16-man bracket

Bracket

1. Aska (:marthmelee:; ≈€90)
2. Cyr (:samusmelee:; ≈€35)
3. Baxon (:falcomelee: ≈€20)
4. Charlon (:falcomelee: ≈€8)
5. Styx (:falconmelee:)
5. Doraki (:foxmelee:)
7. Mahie (:marthmelee: :foxmelee:)
7. Slhoka (:sheikmelee:)
9. X-17 (:falconmelee:)
9. Samplay (:falcomelee:)
9. Leon (:marthmelee: :roymelee:)
9. Cromat (:falconmelee:)
13. beliaKING (:marthmelee: :sheikmelee:)
13. Neath (:sheikmelee:)
13. Alucard (:falconmelee:)
13. Trinity (:linkmelee:)

---End of the bracket
17. Meo (:jigglypuffmelee:)
17. Yuri (:peachmelee:)
17. YenYen (:younglinkmelee:)

Pools

Doubles :
8 teams, no pools

Bracket

1. Doraki + Baxon (:foxmelee:+:falcomelee:; €38*2)
2. Aska + Charlon (:marthmelee:+:falcomelee:; €14*2)
3. Cyr + Slhoka (:samusmelee:+:sheikmelee:; €8*2)
4. Samplay + X-17 (:falcomelee:+:falconmelee:; €3,20*2)
7. Mahie + Styx (:foxmelee:+:falconmelee: / :peachmelee:+:falconmelee:)
5. Leon + BJay (:marthmelee: + :marthmelee: / :marthmelee: + :sheikmelee:)
7. Trinity + Meo (:jigglypuffmelee:+:linkmelee:)
7. beliaKING + Cromat (:foxmelee:+:falconmelee: / :sheikmelee:+:falconmelee:)

porc

Smash Journeyman
Leon was first a melee player then he dropped it for brawl
now he plays it from time to time

good **** aska, really surprised ;)
and gg baxon+doraki for teams

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I like this line.

Smash database puttin in work!
Yeah ! The hosts actually used the DB to seed the tournament, even though it wasn't necessary :D

lol leon is going to get so good at melee
What porc said + Leon wishes he could play both games, but he has trouble switching between both. And even more because he plays Marth in both games.

He used to main Roy, though, and was really good with him.

stelzig

Smash Lord
The colors based on seed from pools is pretty cool, but I have alot of trouble telling them apart so it is kinda useless (may just be me because i'm slightly colorblind). Third place is just easy enough to point out and I can somewhat easily see those in the results, but the rest is too similar for my eyes to tell apart easily.
It is all doable and all, but I think better colors should be used if you want people to spend time looking at that :)

Cyr only let aska win to fulfil his neverending 2nd place prophecy
Too good, lol.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
The colors based on seed from pools is pretty cool, but I have alot of trouble telling them apart so it is kinda useless (may just be me because i'm slightly colorblind). Third place is just easy enough to point out and I can somewhat easily see those in the results, but the rest is too similar for my eyes to tell apart easily.
It is all doable and all, but I think better colors should be used if you want people to spend time looking at that :)
I didn't want to make them to bright, to avoid making them harder to read. I modified them a bit, though, so hopefully it's a bit better for you :)

Top Bottom