• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official NintenZone's Nintendo Direct Hosting Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
All in all, the thing that makes me most happy about this is the fact that Sakurai managed to surprise us again.

After that Roy and Ryu fiasco, he was able to come back around and include someone like Cloud without any leaks whatsoever. That's pretty amazing.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
By the way
MOTHER 3 is on the Virtual Console
...Only in Japan tho
RIP the Dream
Again

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
All in all, the thing that makes me most happy about this is the fact that Sakurai managed to surprise us again.

After that Roy and Ryu fiasco, he was able to come back around and include someone like Cloud without any leaks whatsoever. That's pretty amazing.
That is definetly awesome.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I don't think people have realized something fairly important about the announcement of RBY, if they can get them working on 3DS with wireless replacing link cables, then I think Pokemon Stadium might have a good chance of releasing on Wii U with full compatibility with these games!

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Wait, I just remembered.

I predicted that they'd at least show Wolf in Star Fox Zero.

They didn't.

Chrono.

Do you guys think there's a possibility SE will make an NX port of FF7R?

I mean, SE is the one company that's already showing support for the console with DQXI.

Who knows

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Something I'd add: it seems that Cloud will only speak Japanese, similar to Roy and Marth.

The Western trailers had him speak Japanese with subs, not unlike Roy's trailer.

Now, here's a fun fact: Cloud's voice actor is Takahiro Sakurai (yes, the name might be similar to someone else). He's a well-known VA in Japan and prominent in anime. He's also co-starred with Jun Fukuyama (Roy's VA) in the anime Code Geass. That's right: Roy and Cloud are Lelouch and Suzaku, respectively.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man that was extremely hype! Loved everything! I joked in the live chat saying cloud confirmed for smash during the explorers section and then it happened and I went holy ****. Thought it was wolf at first, but then remembered the music was from FF and then I saw the X and was like: This ain't starfox, and then the final fantasy logo came up and I lost it!
While I thought black mage would b chosen if they got a rep, I always wanted cloud more and thought the arguments against him were pretty dumb. Really happy with his inclusion and can't wait for December! Calling 3 more characters!
Something I'd add: it seems that Cloud will only speak Japanese, similar to Roy and Marth.

The Western trailers had him speak Japanese with subs, not unlike Roy's trailer.

Now, here's a fun fact: Cloud's voice actor is Takahiro Sakurai (yes, the name might be similar to someone else). He's a well-known VA in Japan and prominent in anime. He's also co-starred with Jun Fukuyama (Roy's VA) in the anime Code Geass. That's right: Roy and Cloud are Lelouch and Suzaku, respectively.
That sakurai bias strikes again!

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Do you guys think there's a possibility SE will make an NX port of FF7R?

I mean, SE is the one company that's already showing support for the console with DQXI.

Who knows
Well they've already said they have some Dragon Quest games in development for the NX, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I've quietly been arguing for Cloud for a while now... I feel a bit vindicated. He is Mr. JRPG in the way Ryu is Mr. Fighting Game, and he is honestly one of the only remaining video game icons to not be in the series.

(Also, Sora still makes no sense, sorry.)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So looking back at Square-Enix now

>Cloud in Smash Bros.
>Nier 2 by Platinum
>Final Fantasy 7 Remake
>Kingdom Hearts 3
>Final Fantasy XV
>Final Fantasy XIV actually good now
>Physical release of Life is Strange
>Dragon Quest VII and VIII 3DS coming to the west
>Dragon Quest XI on NX
>Dissidia: Final Fantasy with Ramza
>Project Setsuna is a successor to Chrono Trigger
>Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance for PS4
>Standalone Aqua episode made in Kingdom Hearts 3 engine
>Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
>Bravey Default and Bravely Second
>Constantly supporting IO Interactive, Crystal Dynamics, and Eidos Montreal
>World of Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy Explorers
>Final Fantasy Type-1 eventually
>Final Fantasy XVI rumored to be announced at E3 2016

So is Square-Enix the best company of 2015? Now I want Marvel in Kingdom Hearts 3 and you gotta sale

Chrono.

He's also Megaman X in PxZ so there's that.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Watch the trailers a couple of times and am now hyped back again.

Honestly might either main him or Secondary him. I love RPGs and having someone represent that is perfect.

Even if I don't care much about Cloud himself.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Can't wait to see Square-Enix Mii costumes. Might be the only way I get Chrono, lol.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
What if Tails ends up being Smash DLC?
I'd be somewhat surprised, but neither hype nor salty. He'd bea solid addition, just not my choice. That's cool. But I'll always support Bayonetta as the next Sega rep regardless of how unlikely it is.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I'm now realizing the prospect of hearing Final Fantasy music in Smash, and it feels good. While it wasn't much, Ryu and Ken's theme became a favorite for me. I'm highly anticipating what other songs are chosen.

But seriously, if Snake and Rayman round out the 3rd parties, we can have the 8-player Smash match to end them all. Hell, another if you want an 8-player 3rd party royal (Which I can then include Crash due to my bias for him). Smash is accomplishing a great selection of fighters, and I feel like Sakurai will (I think he has) try to achieve the best fighting game roster. God bless this man

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
He's also Megaman X in PxZ so there's that.
And Haseo from .hack in that same game.

He almost could've voiced X in Smash, but the Mega Men make non-voiced cameos.

That sakurai bias strikes again!
Well, Sakurai is just a Japanese surname, so no wonder other people may share that name with the Sakurai we know (and love? Or hate?).

Well, I can't complain about Cloud's addition. I was utterly speechless and now I'm looking forward to trying him out.

All in all, a great addition to this all-star roster. And we better get ready for another dose of mind-blowing stuff next month.

I'm also curious how the 3DS CSS will look after his release... How is the two page thing going to be handled? My curiosity knows no bounds.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Questions:

1) Will the Gold Megaman Amiibo be apart of the Smash collection? (Smash logo base)

2) Please let missingno. be in the game, except non-game breaking.

...Can Mew please be a free download when you collect all 150

Last edited:

Chrono.

I'm watching all these reaction videos to Cloud and I'm just laughing at how everyone thinks it's Wolf at the beginning (myself included)

me right now

I mean I hate that Agnes/Edea are pretty much dead for all eternity but this is still pretty cool.

Cloud looks like an instant main.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
One more bit of trivia surrounding Cloud: along with the EarthBound/Mother series, the Final Fantasy series is one of the franchises in Smash that do not have a character coming from their first game.

Chrono.

Something else that sank in.

Cloud amiibo potentially means Cloud could be added in Mario Maker.

The ride never ends.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's still super surreal to me that Cloud Strife is in Smash Brothers.

This one upped Ryu in surreal-ness easily.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Cloud is probably going to be a costume in a Mario platformer. Let that sink in.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And Haseo from .hack in that same game.

He almost could've voiced X in Smash, but the Mega Men make non-voiced cameos.

Well, Sakurai is just a Japanese surname, so no wonder other people may share that name with the Sakurai we know (and love? Or hate?).

Well, I can't complain about Cloud's addition. I was utterly speechless and now I'm looking forward to trying him out.

All in all, a great addition to this all-star roster. And we better get ready for another dose of mind-blowing stuff next month.

I'm also curious how the 3DS CSS will look after his release... How is the two page thing going to be handled? My curiosity knows no bounds.
I was joking...
I am really glad to see Cloud though, great addition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom