• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate NintenZone Ultimate Showdown! 2nd Round underway

Which timezone are you in? *Don't respond if you aren't entering!*

• Total voters

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Latency (ping time) is what matters most for online gaming, far more than download/upload speed. If you have around 30-40ms latency or better, you should be good (some people report getting good matches even at 50+ms, but that's the point where you'll start really noticing the lag). Though this is Nintendo online, so either way it can be hit-or-miss.

As for schedule, I wouldn't worry too much about it. This isn't going to play out over a single day or two, I'm being fairly lax on that so we can accommodate people's schedules and timezones as much as possible.
I checked my latency on SpeedOf.Me from my computer, and that range of 30-40ms was what was I getting every time. I guess my Switch online connection is fine then; kinda surprising considering that I find myself running into some lag whenever I play online, though I get less of that lag when I'm closer to my router.

You can put me down for the tournament then if there are still some empty spots. I'd like to get some playing experience.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I checked my latency on SpeedOf.Me from my computer, and that range of 30-40ms was what was I getting every time. I guess my Switch online connection is fine then; kinda surprising considering that I find myself running into some lag whenever I play online, though I get less of that lag when I'm closer to my router.

You can put me down for the tournament then if there are still some empty spots. I'd like to get some playing experience.
Being closer to your router if you're on wi-fi helps a ton too. The fewer obstructions there are between your system and router, the better.

I'd say to just give it a try and see if you think it's playable. There'll probably be one or two more practice arenas before we actually start, so you can jump into one of those if you like and see how it goes.

So if I include you and the people who just answered the poll, that gets us to exactly 16 players. With that, I'm going to close sign-ups for the starting bracket, but I'll still accept anyone else who wants to join as replacements in case we have some last-minute dropouts.

The tournament will begin on Sunday 3rd March - that morning, I'll shuffle the bracket and lock it in, and then you can start arranging matches with whoever you're paired up with. First round deadline will be the following Wednesday (6th March) - if any matches haven't been played by then, I'll start alerting people here in the thread, and anyone who doesn't show up by 11pm GMT (6pm EST/3pm PST) will be disqualified.
(If it's a case where multiple matches are proving difficult to arrange, then I'll probably reshuffle the problem matchups.)

edit: A few people have told me this timeframe isn't the most suitable for them, so I'm working on a solution, more soon.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'd say to just give it a try and see if you think it's playable. There'll probably be one or two more practice arenas before we actually start, so you can jump into one of those if you like and see how it goes.
I'm down to try the Practice Arenas! That'll be a good way of testing my online connection based on what I have so far.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
https://challonge.com/NZoneUltimate1
The bracket is now live! Which also means the tournament itself is essentially live too, and you can start arranging matches right away if you want.

As for the timeframe, I'm going to be even more generous than I was earlier, and allow as much as 2 weeks from today to arrange and play the first round of matches. Of course, if people want to go through their matches even quicker, that's fine too, but I'm trying to accommodate as many people as possible here, and a few people told me that next week doesn't really suit them that well. So hopefully this works out better for everyone. If there are still any scheduling problems, let me know and I'll see what I can do. It also means you can take a few days to get some practice matches in before going for the tournament matches, if you prefer.

D

Deleted member

The bracket is now live! Which also means the tournament itself is essentially live too, and you can start arranging matches right away if you want.

As for the timeframe, I'm going to be even more generous than I was earlier, and allow as much as 2 weeks from today to arrange and play the first round of matches. Of course, if people want to go through their matches even quicker, that's fine too, but I'm trying to accommodate as many people as possible here, and a few people told me that next week doesn't really suit them that well. So hopefully this works out better for everyone. If there are still any scheduling problems, let me know and I'll see what I can do. It also means you can take a few days to get some practice matches in before going for the tournament matches, if you prefer.
Sorry to bother you, but was it stated who I was with. .?

D

Deleted member

Oh, I am fighting you? I see how it is.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Jojalole Jojalole

**** school work, we can fit some Smash in right now (if you’re able to handle the...smashing of bros)

D

Deleted member

Fri-Sun.

Tbh, I didn't even know I was entered in here, lol.
I can do matches on Friday afternoon but anything after that would be impossible. What's your timezone again?

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Jojalole Jojalole

**** school work, we can fit some Smash in right now (if you’re able to handle the...smashing of bros)
It's a bit late for me and tomorrow I have class (plus a exam on Wednesday). Would you be available on Thursday? It's festive so I have the whole day.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier

Looks like you're my opponent for the first round! Any days you're free to have a battle?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's a bit late for me and tomorrow I have class (plus a exam on Wednesday). Would you be available on Thursday? It's festive so I have the whole day.
We’ll have to see what happens Thursday. At the worse we’d have to Smash on Friday...I better see your Ken when we play

D

Deleted member

I'll try. Any time you have in mind?
I think the latest I can play is at 5 PM for me(which would be 12 PM for you if I get timezones right). Anything earlier than that and I'm good.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think the latest I can play is at 5 PM for me(which would be 12 PM for you if I get timezones right). Anything earlier than that and I'm good.
Aight, how does 10 AM PST/3PM whatever your timezone is, work?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Fantastic! So, your profile says you live in Louisville. . Isn’t that in Kentucky? I’m not keeping you up at like, one in the morning, right?
It is, but nah.

I work third shift, this is when I'm normally up.

D

Deleted member

It is, but nah.

I work third shift, this is when I'm normally up.
Ah cool, glad to see I’m not depriving you of sleep.
. . This tournament is ridiculously well organised.
Your Pikachu is going to be a nightmare for my Ganondorf.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Ah cool, glad to see I’m not depriving you of sleep.
. . This tournament is ridiculously well organised.
Your Pikachu is going to be a nightmare for my Ganondorf.
Ohhhhh believe me.

It is not. :awesome:

Arena is up. "NZTourney," code 587578.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ohhhhh believe me.

It is not. :awesome:
That face makes it so I can’t tell wether or not you’re being sarcastic. .
Anyway, let me know when you’re ready, I’m practising my stage control with Snake in quick play.

Top Bottom