• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

I just think it's hilarious that Nintendo didn't know what a "bounty hunter" is so when Retro Studios asked if Samus could do any actual bounty hunting, as in hunting wanted people down, they shot the idea down and Retro had explain to them that "bounty hunter" does not mean "cool space person".
This is weird considering they did portray Captain Falcon as a bounty hunter correctly, at least in the comic.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Captain Falcon does actual bounty hunting in F-Zero GX too, but the game itself was developed by a team at SEGA. Nintendo must have had involvement with the Story Mode cutscenes though.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Gotta be showing off the CYL units there.
Interested in what theming they opt for here.

D

Deleted member

Man I haven't played pokemon games in quite awhile. But looking back it's coming back to me. I'm glad I didn't get Ultra Sun/Moon, because it seems like it's just Sun/Moon with a tiny bit more content, unlike Black/White 2 which felt like actual alternate games.

I also remember why Soul Silver is my favorite. I don't even preference gen 1 or 2 over any other pokemon generations, it has nothing to do with that. It felt the most open ended of any pokemon game. Like, on a level that no other official pokemon game has really captured. Lots of fanservice and legendries sure, but it didn't feel shoehorned in for the most part. More memorable and expansive landmarks and such. Sun and Moon feels like the exact opposite, it kind of just walks you the motions throughout the entire game.

And I like a lot of the new pokemon and content in general. But I think it's fair to ask for something more big and expansive from one of the biggest video game franchises ever.

Nothing wrong with formulas, in fact one thing that didn't need changing in retrospect were Pokémon gyms. But I feel like some stuff could be shaken up for the better. I mean, something I'd loved to see changed, despite it being so unlikely, is the setting you start with. First of all, I'd like the main characters to be older. Even if that means teenagers like in the Black/White games.(Even though I didn't like trainer designs.) That or young adults. I think the trainers in pokemon go are older teens at least, that'd work. I think even kids like to play as older characters in video games.

But that's not too unlikely, I'm more so referring to a shake up as your character's role in general. I like'd this aspect in Colossuem even though it could be greatly expanded. You even start out with two level 25 pokemon. Which I think is much better than starting out with a level 5 pokemon. At that level combat is just too shallow and boring IMO. It's partly why the beginning of pokemon games always feel like a drag. Not like very low level pokemon still wouldn't serve a purpose either.

Don't tell me that making the games less childish and easy would scare away the kid audience either. Kids are fine with challenge. I wasn't one too long ago and got through the pokemon games just fine. And even when I did got stuck on pokemon games as a kid. I still played them, didn't stop me from wanting to get through them. Actually made me want to get through them even more. Always was excited to see what kind of new stuff I'd come across. Soul Silver blew my mind as a kid, was the first pokemon game where I got past the elite four.

I just think it's hilarious that Nintendo didn't know what a "bounty hunter" is so when Retro Studios asked if Samus could do any actual bounty hunting, as in hunting wanted people down, they shot the idea down and Retro had explain to them that "bounty hunter" does not mean "cool space person".
Yeah, imagine if the belmonts couldn't hunt any vampires. LMAO

But how involved was Nintendo with all the comics that were made?
It came with the game IIRC. Also, in later games he's still a bounty hunter. Then you have Pico who just flat out uses guns with bullets. Then you have Roger Buster who really loves beer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So apparently I decided to look up the original LM remake trailer since I never actually saw it.

It looks ****ing soulless.
At least I have the GCN original.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
D

Deleted member

TEMPEST TRIAL UNITS IN THE 3* POOL TEMPEST TRIAL UNITS IN THE 3* POOL TEMPEST TRIAL UNITS IN THE 3* POOL TEMPEST TRIAL UNITS IN THE 3* POOL TEMPEST TRI

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It's that time again: ITT Post TT+ Teams :V
View attachment 153554
I'm using my Flier Emblem team for the Tempest Trials: Summer Takumi, Tana, Halloween Nowi, and Michalis. Summer Takumi has already proven to be a very clutch unit for this event with his Brave Bow build compared with Flier buffs. I'm currently about halfway until I get all the rewards.

I guess we'll learn about the new banner that comes out this Friday during the Feh Channel, with the biggest focus given to this year's CYL units.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Apart from the obvious CYL stuff I hope for:

-Removing the hero intro videos from the data to slim down a bit the game.
-Hana Prf.
-****ing demote Gray and Mist and hopefully Lucina.
-Demote at least one green ffs
-GHB and TT units to the pool.
-ASKR TRIO REFINES

-Apology Orbs for so many bugs
-Celebration Orbs for the 1.5 Anniversary
-Orbs

-Beasto Units
-Regular Charlotte

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Nintendo only published and marketed the Wii U version. They don't own the LEGO City IP.

WB Games published the multi-platform release and I believe the Nintendo references were simply removed.

Honestly Nintendo marketing a game doesn't count for much, considering putting a game in a Nintendo Direct is marketing in and of itself and Nintendo also shares trailers for third party games and tweets about them too.
They localized the Japanese release though is the thing, I’m pretty sure that they also helped with development since, according to the credits, many people from Nintendo were involved with the project (Iwata is even listed as an executive producer).

I’m pretty sure they did a little more than just publish the game, they don’t own the Bayonetta IP but they at least assisted with Bayo 2’s creation.

D

Deleted member

All I want from this banner is either Legendary Hector, Hardin or both.

D

Deleted member

My hopes for FEH Channel:
-Audhulma and Naglfar refines
-TT units added to the regular summon pool
-Non-axe Hector and Brave Veronica
-New game mode that isn't limited
-Red Cavalier Forrest with Shadow Brynhildr

Expectations:
-FEH eats cake
-Unnecessary refines
-lol askr refines lol
-New banner does NOT contain Forrest

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Hm, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this week's new banner may very well be the CYL units then. The big reason why I didn't think it would be was due to the fact that there was no FEH channel, but with that now in the cards that opens up the possibility. It'd also explain why it's duration is longer for it as banners typically last around two weeks (whereas this one last around three) and why they may've decided to cut off Book 2's story when they did, since they could use the inevitable FEH channel for the CYL units to build up to Book 3's release afterwards.

The only counterpoint I can think of that conflicts with that is the GHB, but then again, there is a certain prince that got screwed over by the voting system...

As for the rest, I hope for a non-Armads Hector since I'd like for him to be a bit more unique then the rest of his alts. I'd also like to get refines for characters like Valter, Lyon, the Askr trio, and the like who have fallen behind in the meta, along with addressing the issues with non-Masked Marth TT units and finally adding beast units since the CYL2 poll proved that it's a big desire for the fanbase.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So... shall we speculate what we think this upcoming New Heroes banner in FEH for Friday will feature? Any wishes for who shows up?

I would like to see an Echoes banner, this time featuring these units: infantry healer Silque, infantry red mage Luthier, infantry axe user Atlas, and cavalier lancer Conrad. These four characters would make a nice orb color distribution.

Silque and Conrad were two Echoes characters that scored on the higher end of this year's CYL poll compared to the others from their same game, so they seem like reasonable picks for the next Echoes banner.

Luthier and Atlas may not be very popular, but those two are more like personal wishes of mine: Luthier would be a good addition just so he can fight alongside his younger sister that's already in the game, and I'd like to see Atlas just because he could potentially be the only SoV character that could be an axe unit in Heroes. Bonus points if he becomes our first Firesweep Axe user (come on IS, why don't we have that weapon already?)

As for the Grand Hero Battle, I think Deen would make a fitting choice. He can be fought as an enemy unit after all, and while Fernand would technically be more fitting as the next one just because he's a more prominent villain, I'd like Deen to be the next GHB for the next Echoes banner just to go for some diversity among the new character additions from the game.

So in summary, what I hope/think this Friday's banner will feature:
  • Infantry Cleric Silque
  • Infantry Red mage Luthier
  • Infantry Axe user (preferably with the Firesweep Axe) Atlas
  • Cavalier Lance user Conrad
  • Infantry Sword user Deen (GHB)
And when IS releases the trailer for it, make Conrad the featured character for it, and give him three default skills. Bonus points if he turns out to be broken unit with some killer stats and/or a really good new weapon/new skill.

Yeah, I still really want Conrad in Heroes.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Feh channel prediction:

Cyl 2

Announcement of three houses content soon.

New game mode

Odin, selena and Laslow get refines

Askr trio get new weapons with refines.

Chrom is confirmed as an echo fighter for smash.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well since I know jack **** about Fire Emblem, I'ma gonna pick the second topic.

Why are we arguing who or who didn't work with the Lego game? Like is there an end plan here? And is that end plan whether a Lego character has a chance of getting into a Smash Bros?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, my dog who just died probably saved my life. Figuratively

9 years ago hats seemed to be the rage, so I tried to find one that I thought looked good.

...I got a fedora.

However, I didn't have it very long because along comes our new puppy and tears the thing to shreds.

Chrono.

So I've been playing Legacy XP 2.0 and man it makes me sad that even to this day there really hasn't been any sort of decent Tails mod for Project M/Brawl.

Metal Sonic and Shadow are pretty fun here though.

D

Deleted member

Guess what happened again?
Welp, it seems that I'm actually not going to sleep.
I tried to sleep but I couldn't, and if I do fall asleep I'll probably wake up in like 12:00 AM or 13:00 PM whcih is a terrible time to take my Ritalin because it means I'm going to stay awake all night again, and if I don't take it I can't function properly during the day, and if I take it the day afterwards I pretty much become a robot.
In other words, it's an endless cycle that I can only break by giving up on my beauty sleep for today.
This, folks, is why you don't oversleep.
I just can't catch a break, can I?
Well at least I got actual sleep the night before.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
FEH Channel hopes:

- Askr Refines
- Virion PRF
- CYL Celica is Rigain Celica and has Seraphim
- Lena, Julian, Silque, Valbar, and/or SD!Hardin get announced
- Orbs
- More Tobin

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
After looking at the previous FEH channels, I'm going to take back my previous theory. The original CYL banner was announced in a FEH channel, but the channel in question was not only a short segment separate from the usual info dump, it was also explicitly mentioned that it was about the CYL units. Since there's no indication that this FEH channel will be about CYL, it seems likely it's not going to be related to those units, it's probably just another regular info dump like the others.

With that in mind, my predictions will be:
-Info on the new banner on the 20th, I do still think it'll be a bit more unique then the usual banners, but it probably won't be CYL like I thought (another Fallen Heroes-esque banner?).
-Info on the next special units banner.
-Info on the upcoming GHB(s).
-QoL changes, possibly a new mode.
-Announcement of Book 3.
-Possible anniversary announcements (as Heroes is close to a year and a half), so something like another Hero Fest.
-Smaller announcements like an upcoming TT.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
My FEH Channel wants are simple.

- Dragons.
- Dragons.
- Dragons.
- Dragons.
- Legendary Legault.
- Dragons.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm playing Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash.

The game is actually pretty fun and its a cute platformers with neat ideas.

But...

There is one completely asinine thing that might as well be the stupidest bit of game design I've ever seen.

You cannot choose your level.

You pick levels by roulette.

Meaning you can't repeat levels when trying to complete levels you haven't beaten yet.

And your only option is to speedrun through the level to get another chance.

I am disturbed.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm playing Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash.

The game is actually pretty fun and its a cute platformers with neat ideas.

But...

There is one completely asinine thing that might as well be the stupidest bit of game design I've ever seen.

You cannot choose your level.

You pick levels by roulette.

Meaning you can't repeat levels when trying to complete levels you haven't beaten yet.

And your only option is to speedrun through the level to get another chance.

I am disturbed.
Y'know I understand why the amiibo pack was 4 euros more than the regular amiibo and why I subconsciously never picked it up

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Man I haven't played pokemon games in quite awhile. But looking back it's coming back to me. I'm glad I didn't get Ultra Sun/Moon, because it seems like it's just Sun/Moon with a tiny bit more content, unlike Black/White 2 which felt like actual alternate games.

I also remember why Soul Silver is my favorite. I don't even preference gen 1 or 2 over any other pokemon generations, it has nothing to do with that. It felt the most open ended of any pokemon game. Like, on a level that no other official pokemon game has really captured. Lots of fanservice and legendries sure, but it didn't feel shoehorned in for the most part. More memorable and expansive landmarks and such. Sun and Moon feels like the exact opposite, it kind of just walks you the motions throughout the entire game.

And I like a lot of the new pokemon and content in general. But I think it's fair to ask for something more big and expansive from one of the biggest video game franchises ever.

Nothing wrong with formulas, in fact one thing that didn't need changing in retrospect were Pokémon gyms. But I feel like some stuff could be shaken up for the better. I mean, something I'd loved to see changed, despite it being so unlikely, is the setting you start with. First of all, I'd like the main characters to be older. Even if that means teenagers like in the Black/White games.(Even though I didn't like trainer designs.) That or young adults. I think the trainers in pokemon go are older teens at least, that'd work. I think even kids like to play as older characters in video games.

But that's not too unlikely, I'm more so referring to a shake up as your character's role in general. I like'd this aspect in Colossuem even though it could be greatly expanded. You even start out with two level 25 pokemon. Which I think is much better than starting out with a level 5 pokemon. At that level combat is just too shallow and boring IMO. It's partly why the beginning of pokemon games always feel like a drag. Not like very low level pokemon still wouldn't serve a purpose either.

Don't tell me that making the games less childish and easy would scare away the kid audience either. Kids are fine with challenge. I wasn't one too long ago and got through the pokemon games just fine. And even when I did got stuck on pokemon games as a kid. I still played them, didn't stop me from wanting to get through them. Actually made me want to get through them even more. Always was excited to see what kind of new stuff I'd come across. Soul Silver blew my mind as a kid, was the first pokemon game where I got past the elite four.
To this day, I'm still glad I looked at the datamine before deciding on getting USUM. I feel that if I honestly picked it up at that moment then I would've been horribly disappointed in the games, and even now I feel it leaves Gen 7 on a pretty lukewarm note.

As for the rest of your post, yeah I really feel that SM (and XY to a lesser extent) really lacked the exploration element. With previous games, despite being linear in their own way, you still had some control over the adventure you were taking and you were allowed to explore around and find things at your own leisure as long as the options available allowed it. If you had surf, you could go to Hoenn's Abandoned ship or Unova's Mistralton Cave, if you wanted you could take two different routes to get to Fuschia in Kanto, if you wanted, you could beat Pryce and TR before going to Cianwood, and so on and so forth. After Gen 6, those options became very limited and you don't really have those options anymore. Even now I can only think of a couple places in Alola where you're allowed to go off the beaten path, and even on the path you're required to go there's not as many places that feel vast. It's a trap that Pokémon has fallen into and something that I hope they fix in the future as exploring those different areas were part of the adventure, and having them gone is a notable loss to the experience for Pokémon.

I also wouldn't mind seeing older characters (though how dare you hate on Hilbert/Hilda, they have great designs!) and a different role in what you do in the next generation. Granted, I doubt we'd completely shift from the usual progression, but doing something more unique from the norm would be a nice change of pace. SM had the right idea and the trials were a lot of fun, but I do think we can go further, even if Gyms are still present somewhere.

Edit: Fixed, accidentally posted this blank.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
And so I feel myself flip-flopping back to doing a bit of original fiction again.
Who gets picked? said:
The beast almost made a game of sorts choosing who it brought under the domain of it's court. The promise of "ultimate power" was a siren song to those who chased down any court, and such a large pool of candidates was simply boring. Thus, those that requested blessing simply on account of being power hungry were disposed of in short order. Simply killing wantonly for the sake of it was dull, but disposing of a waste of air had an oddly cleansing feeling.

Those with a legitimate reason for wanting power were more interesting. It was in these cases that it took to putting them through trials. It wasn't a requirement or any sort of moral filter or anything, it just wanted to see if they were serious. Desperation does funny things to some people, makes them put up with about anything. Once it was obvious they'd withstand any creative torment for the sake of their cause, it wasn't worth postponing their reward any further. There would only be anything new to see if they were let to set off on their little mission. As for those that couldn't, well, those were best left to run off unscathed. Scared off potential future wastes of time.

But the most interesting samples were the oblivious sorts. Those that had no idea what could be done with them at all. Some of them just went right into fight, flight, or freeze. No thought, all action. But for the ones that still had some presence of mind to them, that was another thing! Someone who can listen to a big scary monster say hello and say hello back instead of screaming, even if it's a bit quiet or stuttery or heck, "Who's there" even works. That's someone who's going to be interesting down the line. For the ones itching for a fight some buttering up was required, but a neutral sort could simply be seized by force and have any stress ironed out down the line.

Was bravery as a standard arbitrary? Perhaps. That's part of why rejections on the basis of pure desire were done in the first place. Some still slipped through the cracks, madmen with only destruction to give and nothing creative to refine from the flames. Always such a shame to have to go back and clean those up. But it was entertaining, at least.
What's in a name? said:
"Who are you?" That was always such an entertaining question as far as it was concerned. Names were typically a trait bestowed by one's parents, after all. And honestly it wasn't even sure whether or not it's mother was even sapient, not that she'd bothered with a name regardless. It's identity was in it's power, it's personality, and to a much lesser extent it's favored forms. But saying "I am scorching heat and unleashed flame currently in a state of thinking your inquisitive nature is a riot" doesn't satisfy most people. So usually it let others give it names when asked, made it more about what the questioner saw in them.

Of course, usually the questioner was staring into vast glowing depths of eyes and endless rows of teeth, so assessments tended towards a flair for the dramatic. But flattery and/or sheer terror made the whole thing even more entertaining. Often they would be given titles as well, lord and king and such. It was always interesting to note just how fast many would associate one form of power with another, and just as quickly consolidate them. Indeed, officially or unofficially it was deemed the ruler of many places, though rarely was it pestered with policy.

One thing did bother it, though. Perhaps just a bit. It had been given many honorifics in it's time, most quite flattering. But those in the world it peered over had many other terms amongst themselves that weren't strictly names. "Friend," "buddy," "pal." They seemed to get on quite well with those they deemed with those titles. Heeding their advice without any true authority, expressing positive emotion after positive emotion. Yet it had never once been called by such terms. Quietly it stewed in it's thoughts over such a dilemma. Perhaps it should make a goal of getting called upon by these terms as well by one individual or another. It seemed as though it was something desirable they had missed somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom