• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Vidya gaem OSTs? Fine, let's do this.

Battle Themes:
Battlefield's Awakening(Etrian Odyssey)
Betting it All(Etrian Odyssey II Untold)
The End of Raging Winds(Etrian Odyssey IV)
Battle With Magus(Chrono Trigger)
Battle with the Four Fiends(Final Fantasy IV)
Decisive Battle(Final Fantasy VI)
Battle at the Big Bridge(Final Fantasy V)
Battle! N Final(Pokemon B/W)
In The Name of Bern(Fire Emblem 6)
Campaign of Fire(Fire Emblem 7)
You of the Dark(Fire Emblem Fates)
Guyzoch Space Pirate Teio Form(The Wonderful 101)

Others:
Corridors of Time(Chrono Trigger)
Singing Mountain(Chrono Trigger)
Lavos' Theme(Chrono Trigger)
Frog's Theme(Chrono Trigger)
Recruitment(Fire Emblem 4)
Road Taken(Fire Emblem Fates)
Determination(Fire Emblem 8)
The Fallen Capital of Shinjuku(Etrian Odyssey)
Twilight of the Gods(Fire Emblem Echoes: SoV)

But my favorite goes to Robo's Theme from Chrono Trigger

I hope my bias aren't clear enough
I'm gonna assume all these likes are because you actually opened the link to Robo's Theme because I know this thread well enough to know none of you have good enough taste to appreciate EO or CT.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm gonna assume all these likes are because you actually opened the link to Robo's Theme because I know this thread well enough to know none of you have good enough taste to appreciate EO or CT.
Bruh.

CT is a masterpiece.

Don't pin me as a nonbeliever.

D

Deleted member

You know, if anyone wants to join the mafia game again it would be nice. All opinions are fine.
Bruh.

CT is a masterpiece.

^
I agree with Swamp.

Last edited by a moderator:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
The NintenZone Social is the Alola of SmashBoards: it's so zetta slow when it loads.

I have a question for all, what is your favorite song in gaming to listen to?
I don't really have a favorite song, I listen to whatever I'm in the mood for at the time, but I'm a sucker for medleys. You know, things like the Rainbow Road Medley.

D

Deleted member

I have a question, and it has to do with drama.
I believe I've identified a certain user who caused some drama in my early Smashboards days, and he's using a different account rather than his old one.
I don't think I should go into detail in public (Or sure if it even matters), but I feel that I should at let someone know, preferably someone who's known me since I joined back in 2016.

D

Deleted member

So, uh.... what now? You all doing fine?
*Waiting for a thousand likes in total but it seems like it is not happening.
.*

There are several great themes that I probably have not listened to yet, and thank you all for answering my reply!

Ivander

Smash Legend
If I had time, I'd post alot more, but I'll post some of my big favorites.
The Other Promise - Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyrWRgg_6KE

The Valedictory Elegy - Baiten Kaitos Origins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GURcNUguVQg

Sir Alonne - Dark Souls 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztPGThfD_GY

The Sun Rises - Okami
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya3yxTbkh5s

The Boy's got Wings - Ys III
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPBGhNwuynI

Demise of the Ritual - Shadow of the Colossus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzbvcsNPEEE

Valfalk's Theme - Monster Hunter Double Cross
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOlPIHIe2rM
Nope. I liked because I was hoping the link was going to be what I hoped it was and it was.

D

Deleted member

I just realized, I checked my "Likes Received" section.
Someone is going to make a meme about Shiny filling the pages.
I feel like all games we mention here have a really good soundtrack.
Any games with mediocre or bad soundtracks? :demon:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Those have to be the dryest looking sausages I have ever seen
Funny story.

That's not sausages, that's the bread I took outta the hole.

EO's fine enough, but I only played IV thoroughly enough to discuss it. The End of Raging Winds is good. Validation achieved.

Meanwhile, CT. Especially fond of Corridors of Time. Who isn't? I'll even give you Frog and Lavos' respective themes.

But here, hold this hot take for me - we can't have this discussion without pointing out how Cross blew Trigger's soundtrack the **** up.

We could start and end this argument with The Dream That Time Dreams, but about the only major misstep it really has is picking Gale over Between Life and Death for their standard battle theme. Gale ain't listenable on its own.

Shame it didn't leap that far forward across the board, or I wouldn't be the only one -
- well two, talking about it.

And good on you, Dark. :denzel:

Fixed.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Last night I watched the Bardock special in Japanese for the first time. And holy crap the dub had changed SO MUCH of the original script, which isn't new for DB's dub, but this one in particular has it bad with how Bardock is essentially an entirely different character.

But anyhow, I did enjoy it quite a bit and keeping with the current music topic. I really enjoyed his theme.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I h:laugh:ave a question for all, what is your favorite song in gaming to listen to?
I've got quite a large number of video game soundtracks I really like, but here's a few that come to my mind:

Battle! Champion Steven - Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire
Battle! Lusamine - Pokemon Sun/Moon
Battle! Dialga/Palkia - Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
Route 210 (Daytime) - Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
Attack on Vah Ruta - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Hyrule Castle - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Destiny (Ablaze) - Fire Emblem Awakening
Id (Purpose) - Fire Emblem Awakening
Alight (Storm) - Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
Thorn in You (Roar) - Fire Emblem Fates
The Scions' Dance in Purgatory - Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Twilight of the Gods - Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Truth, Despair, Hope - Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Determination - Fire Emblem; The Sacred Stones
Rise Above - Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Sullied Grace - Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Money Machine - Kirby: Planet Robobot
Mechanical Rhythm - Xenoblade Chronicles
Mor Ardain - Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Descole's theme - Professor Layton series
Theme of Diabolical Box - Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Rebellion II (Ragna's theme) - BlazBlue Continuum Shift/Central Fiction
Six Heroes theme- BlazBlue Continuum Shift/Central Fiction
Grand Battle - Fate/Grand Order
Ryu's theme - Street Fighter V
Rashid's theme- Street Fighter V

And hey, I got a Summoning Ticket so might as well use it and hey why is it glowing oh no are you ****ing kidding me

I swear, Summoning Tickets have bloated summoning rates.
I'll level him up once the event ends, for now, I gotta focus on getting Shiki permanently and the ascension materials for Cu and Kojiro
Autobattle mode when
Congrats! You pulled the best unit in Fate/Grand Order, at least until Merlin comes out. Waver will definitely be a clutch unit due to the stats boosts he gives you to your teammates and how quickly he can fill your other units' NP meters.

Once you fully train him, be sure to add him as your main Caster on your support setup, and watch all the friend requests come flying in!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bruh.

CT is a masterpiece.

I see you're interested in my religion.
Funny story.

That's not sausages, that's the bread I took outta the hole.

EO's fine enough, but I only played IV thoroughly enough to discuss it. The End of Raging Winds is good. Validation achieved.

Meanwhile, CT. Especially fond of Corridors of Time. Who isn't? I'll even give you Frog and Lavos' respective themes.

But here, hold this hot take for me - we can't have this discussion without pointing out how Cross blew Trigger's soundtrack the **** up.

We could start and end this argument with The Dream That Time Dreams, but about the only major misstep it really has is picking Gale over Between Life and Death for their standard battle theme. Gale ain't listenable on its own.

Shame it didn't leap that far forward across the board, or I wouldn't be the only one -

- well two, talking about it.

And good on you, Dark. :denzel:

Fixed.
Found the one that didn't open it.
Congrats! You pulled the best unit in Fate/Grand Order, at least until Merlin comes out. Waver will definitely be a clutch unit due to the stats boosts he gives you to your teammates and how quickly he can fill your other units' NP meters.

Once you fully train him, be sure to add him as your main Caster on your support setup, and watch all the friend requests come flying in!
Yeah, I'm using a Support one from my friends list to grind on the event and he does wonders. NP generation like that is bonkers and it allowed me to spam Mordred's NP which makes the whole thing much faster.

Also, managed to ascend Cu a second time, now I just meed two defeat two more Assassins to get the Pieces for Kojiro.

>Rooftop quest gives 500 Mana Prisms
Guess it's time to blow up those Summoning Tickets

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

You really think Zeb would get that? Skeletons are not attractive to look at all, but I guess it is some people's opinions. :laugh:
Pick just about anything from the Prime Trilogy and that should suffice...

Like Tallon Overworld, Phendrana Drifts, Chozo Ruins, Sanctuary Fortress, Skytown, etc etc etc...

I'd post links but I'm on mobile and don't feel sitting here for an hour...

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just realized, I checked my "Likes Received" section.
Someone is going to make a meme about Shiny filling the pages.
I feel like all games we mention here have a really good soundtrack.
Any games with mediocre or bad soundtracks? :demon:
Look up Spider-Man: Web of Fire. It's a 32X game. That's a bad soundtrack overall.

It's a really strange case on two fronts.

1) Spider-Man games USUALLY have decent music, or REALLY good music. Maximum Carnage, Arcade's Revenge, Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spider-Man and the two PS1 games are some examples of this.

2) This song in particular I don't know if I could exactly call it badly composed, just that it has the ABSOLUTE ****TIEST instrument choice for most of it. It's like having a good song sung by someone tone deaf.

EDIT: I also forgot that Seperation Anxiety is another Spider-Man game with a GOOD ost.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Kojiro got to 3rd Ascension
>Cu got to 2nd Ascension
>Robin got to 2nd Ascension
>Cursed Arm got to second Ascension
I'm liking this event but I think I hit the most grinding part of it now that I need, what, 100 more ghosts to unlock the next room? Yikes.
YOU BETTER STEP UP YOUR GAME FEH OR F/GO IS RISING UP. GIMME HECTOR ALREADY
Really? I thought Etrian Odyssey was your religion.
Etrian Odyssey is the religion that isn't dead.
Chrono Trigger is the secret cult hiding in the shadows waiting for the return of their God because the most Square had done with it is a port and a remake

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
2) This song in particular I don't know if I could exactly call it badly composed, just that it has the ABSOLUTE ****TIEST instrument choice for most of it. It's like having a good song sung by someone tone deaf.
Silly BlueSky. That's not how you do guitars on a Genesis.

This is how you do guitars on a Genesis.

Same sound chip, released two years earlier. Ain't even that game's best example.

No excuses.

Chrono Trigger is the secret cult hiding in the shadows waiting for the return of their God because the most Square had done with it is a port and a remake
Beats Cross.

Cross is chained in the basement until daddy Square can down enough wholesome beverage to forget it's not Trigger.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Silly BlueSky. That's not how you do guitars on a Genesis.

This is how you do guitars on a Genesis.

Same sound chip, released two years earlier. Ain't even that game's best example.

No excuses.

Beats Cross.

Cross is chained in the basement until daddy Square can down enough wholesome beverage to forget it's not Trigger.
Yeah they did a bad job with that, but said soundchip is used poorly. Which is why I said the instrument choice was bad.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

****ty Rick and Morty joke aside, that's excellent.
Also the first time UNIST characters and Es will have dubbed voices.

Chrono.

Still need to eventually play Chrono Trigger and Cross.

I started Cross eons ago but only got to the first town. I think I stopped playing when I found out the childhood friend character was a party member I skipped by accident.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Cross was never Square's child, it was a mistake and its existence should be denied
Wait a second, Cross sucks? I've been curious on this b/c that's not the first time I've heard this opinion.

I mean I don't expect it to par up with Trigger but I thought it'd be as good as Xenogears, Legend of Dragoon, PSX FFs and Breath of Fire IV at least.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Cross was never Square's child, it was a mistake and its existence should be denied
upload_2018-2-16_13-22-20.png

Still need to eventually play Chrono Trigger and Cross.

I started Cross eons ago but only got to the first town. I think I stopped playing when I found out the childhood friend character was a party member I skipped by accident.
Whenever you start back up, don't worry about skipping characters too much.

Can't get em all on one playthrough anyway, you'll be wearing that NG+ button thin.

Wait a second, Cross sucks? I've been curious on this b/c that's not the first time I've heard this opinion.

I mean I don't expect it to par up with Trigger but I thought it'd be as good as Xenogears, Legend of Dragoon, PSX FFs and Breath of Fire IV at least.
Nah. It's not Trigger, and it has some serious shortcomings, but Cross is fairly legit.

Shoe's just salt peanuts.

Yeah they did a bad job with that, but said soundchip is used poorly. Which is why I said the instrument choice was bad.
Oh I understood.

Mostly an excuse to post Skitchin'.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can't say anything about gameplay but as for the story, it throws everything Trigger did out of the window and tries to use terrible justifications for it
-Lavos survived and it turns out killing it only made things worse by sending him to some plane outside time. Schala was also there and Lavos fuses with her becoming a time devourer or something.
-Magus lost all his memory. The DS remake adds to this showing that Schala erased it to "protect him" by making him stop looking for her but he's not even the same person anymore so she might as well have killed her.
-The main trio is all dead. Dalton killed them. Dalton also overthrew the entire Guardia Kingdom with the help of Porre. No, it doesn't make any sense.
-Masamune somehow got corrupted and is now an "evil sword".

So, tl;dr
All the struggles the characters go through end up being pointless, the main cast is killed unceremoniously off-screen, character development is erased with a classic case of amnesia and the game's Master Sword gets corrupted by "evul"

Chrono.

It doesn't "suck."

It's more like, the story apparently goes out of it's way to more or less override the good things that happened in Trigger. Which is perfectly understandable, I hate when sequels do that.

EDIT: Shoe explained it better.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How many of these report Shishoe memes are going to fly into existence?
I understand opinions, but Chrono Trigger is a good game. I heard the sequels were not as sharp though.

D

Deleted member

I understand opinions, but Chrono Trigger is a good game.
Shishoe likes Chrono Trigger.
It's the sequel, Chrono Cross that he doesn't like.
Also opinions are not a valid reason to report someone.

D

Deleted member

Today was the first time I quit a FG round, never shall I do it again. :p
Off-topic: If you understand me, I never smashed my controller on the ground ever.
Shishoe likes Chrono Trigger.
It's the sequel, Chrono Cross that he doesn't like.
Also opinions are not a valid reason to report someone.
Dude, I did not report Shishoe. It was a joke that you just did not get properly.
Is Chrono Cross bad?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So Dark Matter passed the last poll with flying colors, fitting giving his blade. Everyone else mostly did subpar, but Susie did slightly better than Sectonia and Bonkers.

Got another Kirby poll ready, this one including a character from a game that will be out in a month from now. Your picks are Knuckle Joe, Marx, Francisca (the female ice mage you'll face in Star Allies), and Doroach from Squeak Squad.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Still sorting stuff out for those that live in European timezones...

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I can't say anything about gameplay but as for the story, it throws everything Trigger did out of the window and tries to use terrible justifications for it
-Lavos survived and it turns out killing it only made things worse by sending him to some plane outside time. Schala was also there and Lavos fuses with her becoming a time devourer or something.
-Magus lost all his memory. The DS remake adds to this showing that Schala erased it to "protect him" by making him stop looking for her but he's not even the same person anymore so she might as well have killed her.
-The main trio is all dead. Dalton killed them. Dalton also overthrew the entire Guardia Kingdom with the help of Porre. No, it doesn't make any sense.
-Masamune somehow got corrupted and is now an "evil sword".

So, tl;dr
All the struggles the characters go through end up being pointless, the main cast is killed unceremoniously off-screen, character development is erased with a classic case of amnesia and the game's Master Sword gets corrupted by "evul"
You forgot how:
Robo got installed as FATE's morality pet and was unceremoniously killed off prior to the boss fight.
But I'll grant that you really do have to give zero ****s about continuity with Trigger to enjoy Cross, because it really goes out of its way to slaughter its sacred cows.

Hopefully exactly as many as already have.

Joke was stale when I used it.

D

Deleted member

Gah I hate fighting Bayonetta, the only character I dislike to fight.
EDIT: NOT SAYING I WANT BAYONETTA BANNED. I DO NOT WANT BAYONETTA BANNED IN FACT.
You forgot how:
Robo got installed as FATE's morality pet and was unceremoniously killed off prior to the boss fight.
But I'll grant that you really do have to give zero ****s about continuity with Trigger to enjoy Cross, because it really goes out of its way to slaughter its sacred cows.

Hopefully exactly as many as already have.

Joke was stale when I used it.
But your jokes are never stale nor bad..

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Vidya gaem OSTs? Fine, let's do this.

Battle Themes:
Battlefield's Awakening(Etrian Odyssey)
Betting it All(Etrian Odyssey II Untold)
The End of Raging Winds(Etrian Odyssey IV)
Battle With Magus(Chrono Trigger)
Battle with the Four Fiends(Final Fantasy IV)
Decisive Battle(Final Fantasy VI)
Battle at the Big Bridge(Final Fantasy V)
Battle! N Final(Pokemon B/W)
In The Name of Bern(Fire Emblem 6)
Campaign of Fire(Fire Emblem 7)
You of the Dark(Fire Emblem Fates)
Guyzoch Space Pirate Teio Form(The Wonderful 101)

Others:
Corridors of Time(Chrono Trigger)
Singing Mountain(Chrono Trigger)
Lavos' Theme(Chrono Trigger)
Frog's Theme(Chrono Trigger)
Recruitment(Fire Emblem 4)
Road Taken(Fire Emblem Fates)
Determination(Fire Emblem 8)
The Fallen Capital of Shinjuku(Etrian Odyssey)
Twilight of the Gods(Fire Emblem Echoes: SoV)

But my favorite goes to Robo's Theme from Chrono Trigger

I hope my bias aren't clear enough
All these posts are a perfect excuse to listen to stuff and add them to my fav gaming music playlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom