• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Guys

guys

I'm having a moment.

Look at that FPS.

It's beautiful.

But yeah. Xenia, the Xbox 360 emulator, is open source, and one programmer recently managed to add support for the DirectX12 API. This has fixed issues in tons of games, and a lot more games are rendering close to perfection, even Halo 3.

But my big target of course is Sonic Unleashed. And yeah, it's...really close to perfect.

Anyone who's played the Xbox 360 version knows that it was capped to 30 FPS on the actual hardware. However, by giving Xenia a shortcut and giving that shortcut a "-vsync=false" prompt to disable vsync, it seems to ignore the FPS cap of at least Sonic Unleashed, meaning you can get up to or even beyond 60 FPS. This won't work in all games since some games have physics tied to frame rate, but since Sonic Unleashed is built for PS3 first and foremost with an unlocked frame rate, unlocking the frame rate in the Xbox 360 version does not cause issues and it does not require any changes to the game code itself.

The Werehog plays beautifully in 60 FPS.

There are still a few issues. Some stages have a random chance of crashing. Some areas of the game have vertex explosion issues. The lighting has a few issues. And you cannot create save data, you need to have save data taken from an Xbox 360 console to boot into game. There are also random cases of stutter (this is not an issue specific to this game though and is a bug being ironed out in the emulator). But these are all relatively minor issues and should be fixed in due time (the lighting issue might actually be fixed by tomorrow).

Also it's not in 4K since Xenia currently does not support resolution scaling.

But still, I'm super excited to see the game being emulated so well, and so close to it's tenth anniversary too!

I'll put together a video on this tomorrow. I was actually requested by a commenter on one of my FE Heroes videos to check it out.
Imagine when they get it so Jungle Joyride doesn't drop frames

Why you feel the need to lie, Schnee?
I speak only the truth

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I have no idea why my Switch freezes when I try to play the ARMS demo and the Valkyria Chronicles 4 demo. Would be really pissed if my Switch was defective.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have no idea why my Switch freezes when I try to play the ARMS demo and the Valkyria Chronicles 4 demo. Would be really pissed if my Switch was defective.
A defect Switch mustn’t be a thing for anyone...see if it needs to be restarted or fixed by some person

ThrowawayBoi

Banned via Warnings
have you tried turning it off and back on again

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's been too long since I've had Mounds, really. It's funny too, because when I was young I really didn't like coconut...how foolish I was then.

Mounds are delightful.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Coconut is gross. I can’t stand the texture.
You sound like six-year-old me. :p I just grew to like it as I got older.

You know what I hate because of the texture now? Pears. Fruit shouldn't be gritty, dammit. It's like eating wet sand.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
have you tried turning it off and back on again
I tried reloading the ARMS demo but it just crashed. The VC one give me an error code message saying I needed to turn off the system.

The Megaman 11 demo on the other hand seems to be working fine and most things with the console are in working order. IDK what's up.

Anyways my Friend Code is SW-2772-0149-6703 for y'all that want to add me.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Pears are lit. Don't hate. I actually never had Coconut in my life which even surprises myself.

The one food that I hated as a kid and still do to this day is Eggs. Absolutely disgusting man.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Pears are lit. Don't hate. I actually never had Coconut in my life which even surprises myself.

The one food that I hated as a kid and still do to this day is Eggs. Absolutely disgusting man.
My gods. How do you hate eggs? What’s wrong with you?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You sound like six-year-old me. :p I just grew to like it as I got older.

You know what I hate because of the texture now? Pears. Fruit shouldn't be gritty, dammit. It's like eating wet sand.
Hah, this is my hot take too. I'll take it a step further and say it applies to apples, too, but only when not prepared.

Juice it, bake it, fry it into chips, apples are a tasty treat. But the more I get older the more raw apple bugs me on texture alone.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

I needed an excuse to use that image...
My reaction to being in the vicinity of eggs. :)
Ura should join Shiny in the club of hating things human beings should normally enjoy :V
Shiny knows what's up then.
Bacon and hot dogs, iirc.
I also don't like Bacon lol. Well granted I wasn't allowed to eat bacon/pork for religious reasons as a kid before I became an Agnostic. Don't bother with that anyways nor do I want to.

Hot dogs I loved but are helluva unhealthy. Dumped it like I did Soda.
A lot of us here think they're eggcellent, so you can go to shell.
Shell is gross tho. Sorry.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So. Been calculating my VR costs.

Looks like with what I want, the full shebang is going to cost right at $1,000. $1,700 if the comp needs an upgrade.

e89.png

Hoo boy. So we're back to saving.

Good news is I should have the scratch up by about the same time Black Friday and Cyber Monday roll around. If any deals pop up around the same time - and I at least expect something on the PC component front - those numbers could get cut sharply.

In the shorter term, I've acquired an Oculus Go. Whole different set of use cases, that one. Mostly hoping to find some nice virtual getaways, both for my still-hospital-bed-bound girlfriend and myself.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wonder how many more episodes until I’m to the next Jojo character. I think it’s Jotaro Kujo next.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So glad to not be the only one who have enjoyed that game.

Bacon and hot dogs, iirc.
Being perfectly honest I hate hot dogs too, LOL. Although not liking bacon is something strange and alien to me.

Hot dogs and ham I can't stand. Bacon and pork rinds tend to be pretty good. Pork chops are. . .OK, I guess.

Something about the flavor of the first two being a little too close to barf. Barfed up mini hot dogs into a mall parking lot one time as a kid too, after that my parents didn't try too hard to coax me into having them again.

The irony of being a Sonic fan that can't bear to eat hot dogs does not escape me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom